London Skolars Prediction

Cl1998

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

So we are currently 2nd in the table-albeit having played one game more than the rest. We have racked up an impressive 150 points but the flipside is the 76 conceded. Don't know how Leon is at coaching defence but we clearly need to address that weakness. Not at the game today but I'm hearing that Larne Patrick played the full 80 and impressed. Pity we couldn't have him on long term loan rather than an ad-hoc arrangement. Looking forward to Good Friday - - - might even risk it in the Kells side - - sorry, end! ? 

The commentator said Patrick hit hard in defence , and that’s some effort to go 80 after not playing . Wouldn’t mind seeing him and big Gordon going at it on the edges. I can’t see Leigh wanting him back so quickly . Commentators stressed how it was bits n pieces but when it was there we were by far the better side

We have now seen we can definitely score points, lots of them too which is something we have struggled with the last few seasons. We have also seen in the London game we can defend when needed, just need to put it all together in the more difficult games. Surely everyone (bar the usual mappers) must be feeling positive for the season ahead, if only for the entertainment we are pretty much guaranteed with the attacking style we now have 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

So we are currently 2nd in the table-albeit having played one game more than the rest. We have racked up an impressive 150 points but the flipside is the 76 conceded. Don't know how Leon is at coaching defence but we clearly need to address that weakness. Not at the game today but I'm hearing that Larne Patrick played the full 80 and impressed. Pity we couldn't have him on long term loan rather than an ad-hoc arrangement. Looking forward to Good Friday - - - might even risk it in the Kells side - - sorry, end! ? 

Easy mistake sandy anyone can make especially if your trying to find a negative in every freaking thing town do! Well done to the boys today 2 points in the bag and job done, roll on  to a big weekend next week..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

London aren’t any easy team to play against as per the commentator ‘ London are so unpredictable as they can get hammered by Newcastle and run Whitehaven closer. With them signing two from Toronto and being in partnership with Leigh. If town aren’t careful they’ll fall into the case of playing how London want them to.’ It appeared they did today. A 700 mile round trip and a 16 point win isn’t bad when Broncos did the same and only beat us by 2!

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

all the top teams will destroy West Wales and win at Skolars  and the promotion teams will beat Cougars home and away  , thats my assumption .

Shut up u dick for god sake u talk about Keighley and Skolars 

3 hours ago, wonky said:

I see Leon invited the town travelling fans in with the boys to celebrate. Classy bloke and you can see why everyone has taken to him very quickly

Yes, very infectious enthusiasm from Leon and his gesture to the travelling fans today illustrates his intention to get everybody on board. Top bloke thriving in his new role outside his stellar playing career. 

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

all the top teams will destroy West Wales and win at Skolars  and the promotion teams will beat Cougars home and away  , thats my assumption .

So where do you see Whitehaven finishing in the league this year?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Just wanted to say was very impressed with your support today. Amazed so many made the 700 mile trip and clearly very  passionate supporters of Town. Good luck for rest of the season - you should do well. 

Pleased with the 2 points , but discipline again a problem ,After last week disappointed to let so many points in , Leon will have them working on defence at training this week .Next week whoever keeps their heads will win , we can`t afford to keep getting players binned , and we can`t afford to let Jessie Joe run riot like he usually does .At least todays game will waken us up to the fact that we are still far from the finished article . 

5 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Pleased with the 2 points , but discipline again a problem ,After last week disappointed to let so many points in , Leon will have them working on defence at training this week .Next week whoever keeps their heads will win , we can`t afford to keep getting players binned , and we can`t afford to let Jessie Joe run riot like he usually does .At least todays game will waken us up to the fact that we are still far from the finished article . 

Not just Jessie but Dion Aiye who is one of those players who you hate when they play against you but would warm to if they crossed over! Brad Hepi was public enemy No.1 when he played for Carlisle but played his way into the hearts of all Townies when he made the switch. Newts is in the process of achieving the same status.  

Over the moon with the win after making the long journey down with many other supporters. We were all honoured to be asked in to the changing rooms with the coaching staff and players to sing the winning chant. We made hard work of it but a win is a win and that’s all that matters at the end of the day! Well done to Leon and boys, roll on the derby! 

23 hours ago, Brow lad said:

Against a team who we will beat convincingly , worry about yer own team before constantly under minding haven 

Well done to the youngster for scoring his try on debut I'm a bit surprised it wasn't at least 50 , second half 12.6 .....not that convincing.

2 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done to the youngster for scoring his try on debut I'm a bit surprised it wasn't at least 50 , second half 12.6 .....not that convincing.

Only 18-0 up on the hour mark! Plenty for us to exploit if we perform. 

11 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Aye , despite everything you’ve got to give it to a 16yo  playing at this level . Respect to the kid . I still don’t think this will mean much come next week , we’ve seen that before . They raise it there and we often don’t , but all I’ll say is we have a far better team than them and time to go out and prove it 

The lads who have came down from championship/SL are gettin frustrated at the poor officiating at this level. They need to learn to bite their tongues sharpish. Can't keep getting silly sin binnings every week. Going to start costing us if it continues.

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

The lads who have came down from championship/SL are gettin frustrated at the poor officiating at this level. They need to learn to bite their tongues sharpish. Can't keep getting silly sin binnings every week. Going to start costing us if it continues.

The big issue for me next week is discilpine. If we have a repeat of the ike games discipline we will struggle. If we sort it we will win. We dont need to get involved in scraps and scuffles we just need our players to play RL to their capabilities.

All I will say is we were disgracefully bad for most of the game and if we play like today u will hammer us but if we play like last week we will win haven have a few injuries after today 4 I think foz said need looked at so not sure what the team will be but Jordan burns Carl foz and Chris Taylor all missed today’s game and will be back for Friday should be a good game 

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

All I will say is we were disgracefully bad for most of the game and if we play like today u will hammer us but if we play like last week we will win haven have a few injuries after today 4 I think foz said need looked at so not sure what the team will be but Jordan burns Carl foz and Chris Taylor all missed today’s game and will be back for Friday should be a good game 

It’s all on the day

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

It’s not just the players coming down to league1 who get frustrated by the officiating at this level. It's abysmal with refs allowing gobby players to dictate play and touchies who should have guide dogs. Be interesting to see who is allocated to the Good Friday game - - - needs to be someone who knows what derbies are all about and gets a grip from the off. 

6 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

It’s not just the players coming down to league1 who get frustrated by the officiating at this level. It's abysmal with refs allowing gobby players to dictate play and touchies who should have guide dogs. Be interesting to see who is allocated to the Good Friday game - - - needs to be someone who knows what derbies are all about and gets a grip from the off. 

Yes definitley needs a good referee in genral  for friday.    We know haven will try and slow the game down like they did against the rams. 

Archived