OLSTRUM

Billy Bob

24 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I hope its true about Karl coming home, he was at his most dedicated to his rugby towards the end of his last season before he left town. Ive heard from a haven sponsor he never got on with Forster which would explain his lack of commitment to their cause.

Hopefully leon could control him and we will have the best loose forward in the league by a long way.

Certainly looking like he’s home mate 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I hope its true about Karl coming home, he was at his most dedicated to his rugby towards the end of his last season before he left town. Ive heard from a haven sponsor he never got on with Forster which would explain his lack of commitment to their cause.

Hopefully leon could control him and we will have the best loose forward in the league by a long way.

He's not really a loose forward though is he? He doesn't look like one but he plays like a prop.

6 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

He's not really a loose forward though is he? He doesn't look like one but he plays like a prop.

If he can get his head right he is still young enough to make an impact in the game at this level. Was it 2013/14 that he was named in the championship all star team. Has all the attributes you want from a player , just needs to get the right social balance. Hopefully that comes with age

3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I honestly don't know what a loose forward looks like anymore to be honest, i would use it as another play maker like a second number 9 buy most teams just use it as a 3rd prop. I think we will use it as a forward who can play the 80 mins for which Karl is perfect

8 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

The way we are set up our 13 is used as extra prop just as Leeds used Brad Singleton last year we just need someone who can do more minutes than a prop would be expected to do 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I honestly don't know what a loose forward looks like anymore to be honest, i would use it as another play maker like a second number 9 buy most teams just use it as a 3rd prop. I think we will use it as a forward who can play the 80 mins for which Karl is perfect

I used to like the old style loose forward like Gary Ainsworth, Gary Charlton and Gary Nixon (as long as they're called Gary) but they're gone. There's some firepower up front when Fui comes in.

7 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

The way we are set up our 13 is used as extra prop just as Leeds used Brad Singleton last year we just need someone who can do more minutes than a prop would be expected to do 

That was the problem with us using bailey as a 13, he could only do 15-20 mins then need replaced. We played him prop today and he was outstanding, that is where he needs to play! Caine looked a class above at loose forward but as he will be in the Wigan team soon Karl would be a decent replacement

4 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I used to like the old style loose forward like Gary Ainsworth, Gary Charlton and Gary Nixon (as long as they're called Gary) but they're gone. There's some firepower up front when Fui comes in.

Is fui deffo signed ?

9 minutes ago, Worky123 said:

Is fui deffo signed ?

He’s been offered a final take it or leave it deal. Think he'll go for it. Would love to see him in the shirt! Haven't been to many away games in recent times but might just get behind the wheel again as I feel the sap rising in the old club. U.T.T.

The scramble to avoid the deadzone that looks likely to be ushered in by the suits at Red Hall will inevitably result in some seismic outcomes. Barrow got totally mullered at Toulouse which suggests that the French outfit will join the Canadian cuckoos as favourites to "progress". We dwell in strange times. 

14 hours ago, wonky said:

Us if Gordon’s injury is as bad as it looked 

Most of us got your point in the first place I'm sure....

9 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

The scramble to avoid the deadzone that looks likely to be ushered in by the suits at Red Hall will inevitably result in some seismic outcomes. Barrow got totally mullered at Toulouse which suggests that the French outfit will join the Canadian cuckoos as favourites to "progress". We dwell in strange times. 

"Cuckoo" :) good analogy!

6 minutes ago, Oneday said:

"Cuckoo" :) good analogy!

I like it . A British / Australian hybrid one . By the way I’ve already got lookaround on my planner , I’m sure Mr Dullard is compiling his extensive report and highlights package as we speak 

Sorry to disappoint you David but border weren’t at the game. They were covering Selkirk under 8’s rugby union team who are taking part in the Melrose common riding event. A giant haggis and a gallon of iron bru for the winner. An even bigger haggis for the loser.

Archived