July 15th What If?

It seems there is someting going on in Russia at the moment. The England soccer team have so far confounded everyone by winning a couple if games and its no surprise that the press are building them up into superheroes ( It sells papers and means they can knock them down WHEN they fail)

But, What If they did get to the final on the 15th of July?

We have a full schedule of fixtures planned.  Being realistic if that were to happen would  it have a massive impact on our attendances and if so would clubs and the RFL be smart enough to work around it?

Perhaps delayed kick offs and showing the soccer on biggish screns could actually increase the gate/bar take as a crowd watching together increases the party atmosphere.

I have put this on this forum rather than "anyother  sports" as it is the impact on OUR game that could be a concern.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Dewsbury put the kick off back to 16:00 v Leigh on Sunday, was that because of the football, I suspect so.

I wish RL got the coverage football gets. 

Good spot.

The WC final is at 4pm. Get the rugby games moved forward to 1.45 / 2pm. Tellies on, bunting up, bar open.

Of course, it's RL so the clubs will do nowt and then blame the RFL.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

36 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Good spot.

The WC final is at 4pm. Get the rugby games moved forward to 1.45 / 2pm. Tellies on, bunting up, bar open.

Of course, it's RL so the clubs will do nowt and then blame the RFL.

and the semi is either tuesday or wednesday so they will have time to organise it... frankly if we make the semis they will know by the Saturday before so they may as well make the move then and still show the world cup final even if we're not in it.

5 hours ago, mickhornet said:

I would be over the moon if England get to the final. and even more pleased if they win it.Should this happen there wont be many species watching RL. 

There aren't many now ? 

I'd have thought it would make sense to push the RL back to 1.45 whoever's in the final. If I was going to watch the football I'd prefer to do it in a crowd in a sports club rather than at home on my own. Make an event of it, and start planning it now, barbecue, band, raffle, free pint for new members on the day, use it as a marketing push. Be absolutely shameless in pushing it to get people through the door. 

Or be like some on here and expect the RFL to organise everything.

7 hours ago, mickhornet said:

I would be over the moon if England get to the final. and even more pleased if they win it.Should this happen there wont be many species watching RL. 

But one man and his dog is two species.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Archived