14 Sept: Super 8s: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 18:45

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Price resting quite a few for this one, and putting Livett and Patton in the halves.

No Hill, Cooper or Murdoch-Masila up front so a bit light in the pack.   I guess we’ll get to see the ball put wide a bit more and a less conservative game as nothing is at stake.    Although asking Livett and Patton to create fast wide plays is something untried so far.   Patton does have a very good long kicking game though which might be essential if we don’t have the big guys to get us upfield.

If it’s a full-strength Wigan side I’ll go for a Wigan win by 30.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

12 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Steve Price resting quite a few for this one, and putting Livett and Patton in the halves.

No Hill, Cooper or Murdoch-Masila up front so a bit light in the pack.   I guess we’ll get to see the ball put wide a bit more and a less conservative game as nothing is at stake.    Although asking Livett and Patton to create fast wide plays is something untried so far.   Patton does have a very good long kicking game though which might be essential if we don’t have the big guys to get us upfield.

Likely a few out from Wigan.  Greenwood suspended, O'Loughlin a doubt again, and Flower. Likely to see Manfredi though .

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

BMM and Akuoala are out for the season and add no Westwood, Brown and Roberts to hill and Cooper it will be uphill, Luis Johnson will make his debut so a chance to see the former cas youngster. 

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

BMM and Akuoala are out for the season and add no Westwood, Brown and Roberts to hill and Cooper it will be uphill, Luis Johnson will make his debut so a chance to see the former cas youngster. 

Didn’t realise BMM was out for the season.   That’s a huge blow.   Was hoping he’d be back within a few weeks.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

45 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Didn’t realise BMM was out for the season.   That’s a huge blow.   Was hoping he’d be back within a few weeks.

Had operation on his ankle I think, not officially reported but close sources say both him and akuoala are out for the rest of season. Trying to work out the pack this week with only Philbin as a prop. 

5 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Had operation on his ankle I think, not officially reported but close sources say both him and akuoala are out for the rest of season. Trying to work out the pack this week with only Philbin as a prop. 

I don't like to see people getting ankle injuries.

If Wire are resting Hill and their halves, I think we should be fine. Isa back into the pack for Greenwood allows us to play 2 centres as centres, and bring in Manfredi. It would be fantastic to see him go well after such a long time out. Tautai for Flower is much of a muchness, and so the big loss as ever is Lockers. Given the big game(s?) on the horizon, caution is more than justified.

Fifth time we have played them this season, with nothing riding on the result. Hard to get excited and the selection suggests Price feels the same.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Which injuries are you ok with? ?

Who said it implied I was ok with any injuries. May be I should have written out a closely reasoned and argued paper on the subject and got Professor Logic of Logic University to mark it.

It was I believe Mickie McIlorum who got a very long term injury which had at least 2 bouts of surgery before he retutned to the game after 12 months.

Tomkins had a long term injury on his return to the RFL.

I think I am capable of concern for any player with an ankle injury. It's a dangerous joint. And leaving aside the carefull analysys of Professor Logic, it does not take much investigation to look for a lot of information about the problem.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Who said it implied I was ok with any injuries. May be I should have written out a closely reasoned and argued paper on the subject and got Professor Logic of Logic University to mark it.

It was I believe Mickie McIlorum who got a very long term injury which had at least 2 bouts of surgery before he retutned to the game after 12 months.

Tomkins had a long term injury on his return to the RFL.

I think I am capable of concern for any player with an ankle injury. It's a dangerous joint. And leaving aside the carefull analysys of Professor Logic, it does not take much investigation to look for a lot of information about the problem.

I Googled Professor Logic, and also Logic University.   I got no hits.

I think if you got him to mark your closely-reasoned and argued paper, I’d complain to the education board.   Did you find him on the Nigerian Internet?

13 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I Googled Professor Logic, and also Logic University.   I got no hits.

I think if you got him to mark your closely-reasoned and argued paper, I’d complain to the education board.   Did you find him on the Nigerian Internet?

Try harder 

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Try harder 

Okay, so I got the “professor OF logic” at Glasgow university.   But he hasn’t been in his post since 2016.   If I wasn’t such a trusting man I’d say you made it up ?

On 9/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Just Browny said:

Fifth time we have played them this season, with nothing riding on the result. Hard to get excited and the selection suggests Price feels the same.

Dunno, I'd have liked to have seen us try and get 3rd.

Disappointed with this, will probably do something else instead.

I think after last night 3rd is out of reach for Warrington, but we also need to keep the team sheet consistent.   However, that also means we risk injuries to key players.

The other thing I’m worried about is our ability to beat either saints or Wigan TWICE over the next few weeks ? ...  so I’d rather they throw this game and save their occasionally great performances for the semi final and inshallah, the Grand Final.

A win tonight

23 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I think after last night 3rd is out of reach for Warrington, but we also need to keep the team sheet consistent.   However, that also means we risk injuries to key players.

The other thing I’m worried about is our ability to beat either saints or Wigan TWICE over the next few weeks ? ...  so I’d rather they throw this game and save their occasionally great performances for the semi final and inshallah, the Grand Final.

A win tonight would have meant 2 pts behind Cas with the game in hand and better points diff.

Archived