The Nine who Voted with SL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of those two.

He explained why they'd voted that way and it sounds bleak after 2021 season.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Because the alternative made it bleak from end of this season !

All to do with money and who gets what from TV deal and date of change of allocations.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Scotchy, Nobody said that Newcastle had voted in favour,what I said was that had been advised if they did not vote in favour they would not get any big games nor would the R.F.L back any application for a W.C. game.I also stated that I had no idea which way they voted as the R.F.L. had no power over Newcastle Council who would be the people making the application.So please read any post carefully before you post silly comments.

34 minutes ago, BJW said:

Because the alternative made it bleak from end of this season !

All to do with money and who gets what from TV deal and date of change of allocations.

Just out of interest, did the individual say what was the alternative if the plan was rejected, either funding or structure wise?

This wasn't really mentioned in the build up to last week's meeting, but I assume that the 8's would have stayed in place until 2021?

For years I have been posting on here that it is all about the money.

You want to expand the game, you need money.  You wan to help the game below SL, you need money. You want to retain your best talent, money.

It is not about solving the mysteries of life the universe and everything, its about generating cash, and lots of it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

It is not about solving the mysteries of life the universe and everything, its about generating cash, and lots of it.

...which then begs the question of whether what happened last Friday had any real impact on the ability to generate some?

7 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

...which then begs the question of whether what happened last Friday had any real impact on the ability to generate some?

Well the system we had in place was generating less.

Its all about aggregates and not individual clubs. If the aggregate income goes down but a few skint clubs benefit bad. If the aggregate goes up everyone can benefit.

It is all about the total amount of cash coming into the game and not about what individual clubs generate.

Its really bloody simple.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'll stick my neck out and stay this new structure won't end up making any more money than the previous one and the aggregate will continue to fall.

We're replacing dead rubber games in the 8s with dead rubber games in a new system........we're just giving the big boys more money to cope with the fall income a little better.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

4 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I'll stick my neck out and stay this new structure won't end up making any more money than the previous one and the aggregate will continue to fall.

We're replacing dead rubber games in the 8s with dead rubber games in a new system........we're just giving the big boys more money to cope with the fall income a little better.

I don't see the big issue with dead rubber games, and why everyone has to have something to play for at all stages of the season.

in theory there shouldn't be too many dead rubbers anyway with likely scenario being 6/7/8 teams scrapping over the top 5 spots until the end and at least 2 teams fighting the drop till the end. That only leaves a couple of teams with dead rubbers over the last few games.

Just now, tuutaisrambo said:

You don't think the waning interest in RL in this country is anything to do with lots games that don't really matter?

In part yes, but i think it's mainly to do with the quality at the top end being dredged down to lower end teams standards instead of being driven up by the lower end teams. Your competition is ultimately judged by the top teams and top games between top teams and i don't think it can be even argued the big SL teams are far weaker than they were 5-10-15 years ago. Just my opinion of course.

14 hours ago, Padge said:

Well the system we had in place was generating less.

Its all about aggregates and not individual clubs. If the aggregate income goes down but a few skint clubs benefit bad. If the aggregate goes up everyone can benefit.

It is all about the total amount of cash coming into the game and not about what individual clubs generate.

Its really bloody simple.

Total wrong IMHO. It really is about individual clubs. What is simple is that the top half a dozen clubs owners wish to future proof themselves. If the total of cash coming in goes up they will over time argue that the reason for this is their drawing power and so they are entitled to a larger proportion of that cash, not a pro rata increase. If the amount of cash goes down they will argue that that is the fault of the lower leagues, they contribute nothing to their brand, Super League, and they should therefore get nothing. They have already stated this as regards the 30 million threshold. 

9 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Total wrong IMHO. It really is about individual clubs. What is simple is that the top half a dozen clubs owners wish to future proof themselves. If the total of cash coming in goes up they will over time argue that the reason for this is their drawing power and so they are entitled to a larger proportion of that cash, not a pro rata increase. If the amount of cash goes down they will argue that that is the fault of the lower leagues, they contribute nothing to their brand, Super League, and they should therefore get nothing. They have already stated this as regards the 30 million threshold. 

They'll probably quote the number of times each team is on TV to justify the individual club's increase.

rldfsignature.jpg

19 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They'll probably quote the number of times each team is on TV to justify the individual club's increase.

Exactly, and do you think that each team will get an equal number of appearances, or maybe that the fixtures will be planned for the season, then put into a bag and drawn at random thus making it possible for the potential lowest ability team in super league to be on sky every week and thus get a bigger slice of the pie than Wigan?.No it will be the same half a dozen chairmen along with Sky, so no prizes for guessing whose teams will be shown most often. 

15 hours ago, Padge said:

For years I have been posting on here that it is all about the money.

You want to expand the game, you need money.  You wan to help the game below SL, you need money. You want to retain your best talent, money.

Think your wasting your time mate, People are obsessed with formats and their own clubs survival, They don't get yet, that the collapse or failure of SL to deliver  improvements will mean the end of their clubs faster than anything else.

Just now it's all conspiracy theories, A week ago it was all about how the lower league clubs were going to stick together and put SL in their place and the likes of Scotchy were going to go into meltdown, Wev'e seen how that went.

There's plenty who can't wait for it to go wrong but if it goes right it will be because SL has done it by robbing the championship, This is the Championship that has nothing and survives on SL's earnings. They need to find ways to earn some money themselves but they won't because it's easier to blame SL.

Some people will never get into the real world

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

On 9/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, deluded pom? said:

Yes I know. They had a meeting of 'lower league' clubs a couple of months ago at the Keepmoat but I'm struggling to find any links to it. It was about all the Championship and League 1 clubs sticking together. Carl Hall was one of the most vociferous opponents to the SL proposal yet Doncaster still voted with SL. I'm intrigued to know what changed in the meantime. 

Pressure from Hull? Threatening to take players away from them with them supposedly running a reserves next year?

8 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Think your wasting your time mate, People are obsessed with formats and their own clubs survival, They don't get yet, that the collapse or failure of SL to deliver  improvements will mean the end of their clubs faster than anything else.

Just now it's all conspiracy theories, A week ago it was all about how the lower league clubs were going to stick together and put SL in their place and the likes of Scotchy were going to go into meltdown, Wev'e seen how that went.

There's plenty who can't wait for it to go wrong but if it goes right it will be because SL has done it by robbing the championship, This is the Championship that has nothing and survives on SL's earnings. They need to find ways to earn some money themselves but they won't because it's easier to blame SL.

I have no doubt that there are those on here who would take pleasure out of things going wrong for super league. However, posting comments likening Championship clubs to parasites leaching super league's money doesn't spread peace and harmony amongst the rugby league family! We all have a stake in the game's future and need to ensure it thrives. And just as in society where we all chip in for the well being of all then so we should as a game, because those in the top flight now may not be there in 5 years time.

1 hour ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Nail hit squarely on the head

13 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

and you wonder why some super league clubs are resented when rubbish like this is spouted

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

13 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

GS,

This post has made my day coming from I assume a Huddersfield fan who's team owe how much money?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Archived