30 Sept: Betfred League 1 Play-off Semi-Finals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Anonymouse said:

Bulls v Town final . well done Workington , didn't expect that result but they have shown before they have it in them in big games.

Leon Pryce's homecoming, eh? Looking forward to it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Derwent said:

No it’s a 3pm kick off, the MPG will be an evening game (UK time) with it being played in Canada.

Yeah, I think it was agreed the MPG would be a 7.00 pm kick off even before it was known that it would be in Toronto. It's actually usually been on the Saturday

So it will...

3.00 Bulls vs Workington

7.00 Toronto vs London

Looking at today's results, does the loser of the Bradford-Workington game play Swinton (venue determined by coin toss) for the final place in the Championship? Just pondering the blip Workington had after giving so much in league games with Bradford and York. Be a shame if Town were pipped in an Odsal humdinger then had nothing in the tank for a showdown with Swinton.

Just now, Hopping Mad said:

Looking at today's results, does the loser of the Bradford-Workington game play Swinton (venue determined by coin toss) for the final place in the Championship? Just pondering the blip Workington had after giving so much in league games with Bradford and York. Be a shame if Town were pipped in an Odsal humdinger then had nothing in the tank for a showdown with Swinton.

Yes that's correct. Be an even bigger shame if neither team was at full strength due to holidays etc.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

20 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Yes a coin toss , and players on holiday ... but not a very important game anyway ?

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Anonymouse said:

If rugby was followed by only players who have laced boots then the crowds would be a lot thinner than they already are today , maybe people are put off supporting because of such attitudes as that you know nothing about the game unless you've played it ?

You'll never see or hear me criticise any player of any standard simply because they have the balls to pull a shirt on.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Just now, Anonymouse said:

no one has criticised a single player , the issue was a post criticising non players .

You've probably not been on any of the Donny social media sites then, I actually stopped going on RL Fans because of it.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Can't see the attendance reaching more than 4000, though it would be nice if it did.

The attendance yesterday was poor and Oldham sent a fair contingent of fans. It's a lot nearer and quicker to travel to Bradford from Oldham than from Workington. The Bulls have a good publicity machine and the local newspaper is its tame mouthpiece but not many fans have been enthused by recent performances.

To be fair, yesterday's performance was excellent but there were only maybe 2500-3000(?) there to witness it.Season-ticket holders have to pay for play-off games  and plenty obviously found something else to do with yesterday's £20.

A big factor for next Sunday's gate will be the weather on the day.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Can't see the attendance reaching more than 4000, though it would be nice if it did.

The attendance yesterday was poor and Oldham sent a fair contingent of fans. It's a lot nearer and quicker to travel to Bradford from Oldham than from Workington. The Bulls have a good publicity machine and the local newspaper is its tame mouthpiece but not many fans have been enthused by recent performances.

To be fair, yesterday's performance was excellent but there were only maybe 2500-3000(?) there to witness it.Season-ticket holders have to pay for play-off games  and plenty obviously found something else to do with yesterday's £20.

A big factor for next Sunday's gate will be the weather on the day.

A poor gate at the Keepmoat too. About a hundred down on the previous week and Worky brought more yesterday. Can't pay, won't pay.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived