Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

2019 kits (Merged Threads)

27 minutes ago, philipw said:

Communication is absolutely fine.....

https://twitter.com/TheRFL/status/1153666079018766337?s=20

I think the whole 'kit reveal' communication and process has been absolutely appalling. I could explain my reasons, but I feel that I'd be spending more time and effort into moaning about it, than has been put into the reveal by the RFL.

It's great calling for people to be positive about rugby league, but rugby league needs to sort itself out.

1 minute ago, Moove said:

Yes. They've told you it's at 5pm. What more do you want?

I haven't even seen them specify it's 5pm. I assume Phil worked that out from the tweet times.

I don't use twitter, so I was a bit confused. I saw the following and thought two hours from when I assumed the tweet had been posted. Since it appears to have been posted at 7am, I assumed 9am. As I say, I don't Twitter, so I don't know if I misunderstood the times. I guess I must have done.

time.png

• Like 2

It hasn't been good communication. But that is sort of the point of these teasers. They keep it vague so you keep going back in to check and become more engaged with them, but afte a bit it just becomes annoying if not done well. 

I think they should be telling you before 3pm on the launch day of the time they will show it. 

I've just stopped bothering and will wait for somebody to post here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moove said:

Yes. They've told you it's at 5pm. What more do you want?

I want them to tell me "The new 2019 Great Britain kit and Team wear collection, produced by Hummel, will be revealed online via the RFL website and across all RFL social media channels at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd July", on the day they initially reveal the launch, not two hours before they actually reveal the kit.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

I want them to tell me "The new 2019 Great Britain kit and Team wear collection, produced by Hummel, will be revealed online via the RFL website and across all RFL social media channels at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd July", on the day they initially reveal the launch, not two hours before they actually reveal the kit.

This is the RFL website you're referring to, yes?: https://www.rugby-league.com/

If so, I can't see anything obvious about a new GB kit launch. You have to go to the GB section and then see the bits in the GB social section linking you to Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I imagine this type of response is what the RFL wanted. Not knowing when the kit will be revealed added to the suspense (and the RFL's Twitter activity).

Well, I'm obviously missing their genius. For me it just feels amateurish and annoying - in particular the lack of clear information on the rugby-league.com website.

The Twitter strategy may be a bit of social media genius - I don't use it, so it's maybe harder for me to judge. It certainly hasn't made me bother to register on Twitter. I'm more in the Dave T mould and thinking I'll just go and do other stuff and see the kit whenever I'm next online.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Which defeats the purpose of it being a social media event to drive more people to the RFL's social media account and (hopefully) follow it. That then gives them more direct access to those people through that channel in future. I imagine it would go out through other channels later

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Well, I'm obviously missing their genius. For me it just feels amateurish and annoying - in particular the lack of clear information on the rugby-league.com website.

The Twitter strategy may be a bit of social media genius - I don't use it, so it's maybe harder for me to judge. It certainly hasn't made me bother to register on Twitter. I'm more in the Dave T mould and thinking I'll just go and do other stuff and see the kit whenever I'm next online.

I know it's very exciting but calm down, fella!

3 minutes ago, Moove said:

Which defeats the purpose of it being a social media event to drive more people to the RFL's social media account and (hopefully) follow it. That then gives them more direct access to those people through that channel in future. I imagine it would go out through other channels later

Thats the purpose of the tweet was it? ok.

You asked what more i wanted. I want specifics, nothing vague, and not a notification 2 hours before reveal.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I know it's very exciting but calm down, fella!

I'm calm, don't worry. Just a bit disappointed because in my opinion (and it' only my opinion), this isn't the best way to introduce a new kit for what is effectively the national team.

I've always taken the view that the best way for rugby league to make an impact in parts of the country that don't traditionally play or watch rugby league, is through the national team -  be that England or Great Britain.

With that in mind, it does concern me that anyone going to the main rugby league website right now, is not going to see anything obvious telling them that a GB shirt is being released today.

Sure, mock me as being too excited or whatever, but just remember when you see all the empty seats at future matches, and tv audiences aren't what you want them to be for the sport, that even small things can make a difference to the sport.

939B2E69-26E7-4D36-994D-2E6E989D1925.jpeg

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Anthem jacket ... training wear is all in this style!

08DC0784-D08B-40F1-B3D9-12AB25F709A1.jpeg

• Like 3

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I like it, sleek, modern design with a classic look to it. Would have liked v to be slightly pointier but I'm splitting hairs. Ronseal is sponsor on the back with a union jack above it, nothing else which is good. Must say I like how the badge is just the lions head and nothing else. No need to put words there to explain what it is cos it's iconic enough to not need to! 

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Nice clean design with no clutter (or controversial crest)

Agreed. I'm happy they didn't go with the four nations badge.

I like the new shirt, and also the anthem jacket and other items. Was it 92 we had that sort of look with the triangles. World cup final 1992 shirt, I think. Good stuff.

• Like 1