4 Nov: England v New Zealand KO 2.30pm (BBC TV)

Who will win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/18 at 14:30

38 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I seem to remember that the explanation given for no try was that the ball was rising from the ground.  First and last time I heard that.

Absolutely disgraceful . Thought so at the time and nothing’s changed . We were totally shafted . Week in week out you see them given , and even Cummings and the Bunker will award tries explaining that exact circumstance ... fingers on the ball . Anything else is totally disingenuous or incompetent

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, SilentAssassin said:

I don't expect any changes really. I would play Clark but Bennett likes Hodgson as he is NRL and one of the best hookers out there. He just doesn't fancy Percival he would have played him at WC or last week if he did and you could toss any halves in there they all have their pros and cons. Not convinced by Lomax at full back but we don't have too many options and with Tomkins in the halves he is probably a better choice for this series than Ratchford due to his defensive awareness and that will be key.

I was just reading the review of the Canberra Raiders 2018 season on NRL.com.  Despite missing the first 14 rounds of the year, Josh Hodgson still finished top of the try assists for hookers in 2018.  That is an incredible stat and just shows that the NRL is at a really low ebb for quality 9's at the moment.

Being one of the best 9's in the NRL has done wonders for Hodgson's reputation.  If he were still in the Super league he would be one of a pack of hookers behind Roby in the pecking order.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I was just reading the review of the Canberra Raiders 2018 season on NRL.com.  Despite missing the first 14 rounds of the year, Josh Hodgson still finished top of the try assists for hookers in 2018.  That is an incredible stat and just shows that the NRL is at a really low ebb for quality 9's at the moment.

Being one of the best 9's in the NRL has done wonders for Hodgson's reputation.  If he were still in the Super league he would be one of a pack of hookers behind Roby in the pecking order.

In no particular order Roby, McShane, Clarke, McIllorum and possibly Lunt and Houghton at the top of their game would be better than Hodgson for me from the SL contingent, so I would have at best in 5th spot and could even be 7th. Leeming won't be far of his shirt-tail either in the very near future, and if we are to throw overseas player's in SL, Leuluai and Lussick, all that considered he should stay in Aus if he still wants employment!

On 11/1/2018 at 2:37 AM, Old Frightful said:

Not quite sure how that happened to you. I bought 5 tickets for Hull through the RFL and, although it says £3 delivery against each ticket on the invoice, I was only charged £3 delivery for all 5.

Where did you buy yours from and were there any extenuating circumstances?

No purchased via our league app got a £5 reduction per ticket then added £8 postage maybe becuase it was a week before the game. Anyway purchased 3 for Anfield got 40% off and £2 to collect them all at the ground which is still a bit rich as a customer but witn the 40% discount I can stand it!

so helpful of leeds utd and wigan to schedule their  match over the 1st half of our game, even better of sky to broadcast it against the bbc coverage of our game,  reading v Bristol city maybe but why leeds wigan?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so helpful of leeds utd and wigan to schedule their  match over the 1st half of our game, even better of sky to broadcast it against the bbc coverage of our game,  reading v Bristol city maybe but why leeds wigan?

Leeds always get scheduled on tv, not their fault, the fans have made their feelings known, it's SKY who call the shots though. And the RL is a BBC show, why should SKY take a rugby event being staged by a different broadcaster into account when fixing their schedule?

1 minute ago, SilentAssassin said:

Leeds always get scheduled on tv, not their fault, the fans have made their feelings known, it's SKY who call the shots though. And the RL is a BBC show, why should SKY take a rugby event being staged by a different broadcaster into account when fixing their schedule?

its just like , if something can work against us you can bet it will

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its just like , if something can work against us you can bet it will

Agree with that.

That said, this game was originally scheduled for the Saturday and would have been up against todays full fixture list and RU internationals. Playing tomorrow should mean more viewers imo even if it probably means a few less through the gate.

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I hate sting

You have to admit, he was pretty cool in Quadrophenia.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Rawschach said:

And in Dune

It takes a real man to wear underpants with wings, after all.3a1151a7315aba1ad17d83107a0f6f2a.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looks like we'll be arriving in 'Pool rather early and will be sampling the delights of the Sandon pub, I will be accompanied by RoyBoy and Lowdesert if anybody fancies saying hello.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Looks like we'll be arriving in 'Pool rather early and will be sampling the delights of the Sandon pub, I will be accompanied by RoyBoy and Lowdesert if anybody fancies saying hello.

Will be leaving about 11.30 from Leigh an hour max, going on a coach don't know where they are planning on visiting, hopefully we can pop in there.

Happy days, should have been away on pre planned holiday but it got concelled, oh well, I will just have to put up with going to watch England v NZ, life's a bhitch☺

I don't quite know how this has happened but there are 6 of us Hull FC fans sat on a coach run by a Hull KR fan with the rest of the seats full of red and whites.

I'm hoping for a Jake Connor hat trick man of the match winning performance so we can all enjoy a good sing song on the way back...

Game day!!

Shall we agree to keep this thread about what happens on the pitch today and the NZ series ticket sales thread is there for people to talk about how many are in the stands (I agree it is an important conversation but there is a dedicated topic for that).

On 11/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, 17 stone giant said:

If we win this 2nd test, and providing he's fit again, I'd imagine Sean O'Loughlin would play some part in the 3rd test, so that he can be given the send-off he deserves. It would be a shame for his international career to fade away through injury, when he's been such a great player and servant to GB and England. I hope he recovers in time.

It's happened to others though, that's just the way it goes. There can be too much homage paid to fading players and not enough attention given to those coming through to take their place.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Judging by the vast number of roller shutter doors I can see I think we've arrived.

Archived