Sign in to follow this  
Moscow01

Keighley

5 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Just supposing Keighley were to be saved by a new ownership group taking over, irrespective of the discussions on bond's on here just what would the future hold for them or any division one club as things stand. I would imagine that it was only the presence of the Bulls and to a lesser extent York that enabled some club's to see out the season, prior to that having TWP & television coverage of that game may have given a lesser spike in income.       As for the coming season it's hard to see other than the Cumbrian derbies, if both are having a good season, and the Skolars Friday night lights game any other games likely to attract a four figure attendance, add in the spread of the participants and associated travel costs and you can see nothing but a very bleak future for all participants further, the planned reduction of central funding and the realization that SL and there by the RFL wants to pull up the drawbridge and cast them adrift makes you wonder why anyone would want to get involved. No doubt a couple of the clubs will go the all or nothing route to try and escape up into the Championship and we know how well that usually turn's out plus there's no guarantee the rules won't change halfway through the season like this year.

They have to work out what will attract people to come to the game.. and its not always about the game itself. 

They need to attract people from the local area and what will do that (each club will be different).. beer festivals.. a festival of rugby etc etc... It has to be something more than the pure love of the game as that just doesnt do it anymore for enough people.

All clubs either need to cut their cloth (so they dont go bust) or get more cloth.. its that simple.. 

They have to look beyond the bubble and the need to spend time and effort on it.. and that is the crux sadly, a lot of the clubs do not spend the time and effort on it (for whatever reason) and just expect the people to turn up, they expect a good season to improve gates but its still a good season at a lower level.. they need to make the occasion more, make people want to actually go to the ground rather than just go to watch the Rugby.

According to the T&A former director Simon Harrison says that Austria Holdings have deposited the money so that outstanding payments to former player's and staff will be received today, all a bit Groundhog day to me, but a further announcement will be made later this week about the new coach and support staff, I think you would want a hell of a big amount up front to take that on (A Bond even!) given recent event's.   Let's see how the first part pans out..........

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

According to the T&A former director Simon Harrison says that Austria Holdings have deposited the money so that outstanding payments to former player's and staff will be received today, all a bit Groundhog day to me, but a further announcement will be made later this week about the new coach and support staff, I think you would want a hell of a big amount up front to take that on (A Bond even!) given recent event's.   Let's see how the first part pans out..........

i know you make this point to be funny/tongue in cheek but actually its another reason "a bond" to the RFL could be problematic and hinder many clubs.. 

As a new "company" or "club" you are unlikely to get credit from your suppliers, as the insurance and risk companies will insist you get at least initial invoices pro forma. Therefore by handing over a large sum to the RFL you are, again, tieing hands behind backs of companies that are trying to build. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

It seems a tad unorthodox to have former club directors communicating information,but at least it is something for the long suffering supporter to cling on to.

The conduct of the current owners,and lack of information of their intentions,does not bode well for the future.

A bigger mess than the usual rugby league tribulations for coaches,players and supporters.

I feel a lot sorry for Benn Hardcastle,whatever may be happening for him.He seems to have stuck loyal to the cause,thus far.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I love Keighley and the fans. it's actually a local derby for us but the time really has come. Never mind the name is Bond, Keighley Bond. No club in the world of sport exists without their fans. Here's what you do. Organise a junior game/whatever ASAP and ask the fans to go down and support it. if you get 1000/2000 fans on the day, you have a future. 200/300, you don't. Potential sponsors would be eyeing that with interest. it really is up to the people of Keighley and surrounding district to prove the point. Debating here doesn't count, money does. If anybody here thinks this a ridiculous suggestion,  I do fear for your future. 

No money is actually deposited in the bond. But believe me the promise to pay in case of default is written in granite. It would be a brave man that tried to renege on the promissory note.

• Thanks 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Play as amateurs and diversify your income channels into a wider scheme of things rather than just looking at crowd income. Less outgoings and more income will improve the cash flow and things will slowly improve. Rather than going backwards and forwards as to whose fault it is a definite plan of action is required.

14 hours ago, Bearman said:

No money is actually deposited in the bond. But believe me the promise to pay in case of default is written in granite. It would be a brave man that tried to renege on the promissory note.

interesting thanks Bearman... 

out of interest It may be written in granite but if you go bust there is nothing to get the money from so how would they then get this "bond" if you were to go into admin?

2 hours ago, RP London said:

interesting thanks Bearman... 

out of interest It may be written in granite but if you go bust there is nothing to get the money from so how would they then get this "bond" if you were to go into admin?

I have sent you a pm.

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I have sent you a pm.

cheers... and yes.. that pretty much works for me..

This should be applied across the board.. 

Edited by RP London

On 11/28/2018 at 4:27 AM, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Go wash your mouth out with soap!!!

I have grown to like the taste of soap. If only I could find soap-flavoured toothpaste. ?

On 11/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, Bearman said:

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. And in the case of default would that make the bond holder, which in this case would be the RFL itself, acting on behalf of its member clubs, be first in the line of creditors?

On 11/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, Clogiron said:

No money has been paid. Another broken promise.

45 minutes ago, guess who said:

No money has been paid. Another broken promise.

Surprise, suprise, you would think the likes of Gill and Harrison would have more gumption than to associate with this lot and end up with egg on their face every time.

1 hour ago, FearNothing said:

So is this curtains for the Cougars???

Is there anyone left at the club? Coach? Players? Staff? 

I heard the supporters were trying to take over, is there any truth in that? 

22nd July 2018. Gary Fawcett:- "I met with a representative of Austria Holdings to finalise the deal and I'm very happy about the plans they have for developing the club. "They see this as a long-term investment and I am pleased that my stepping down in May has created such an opportunity for the club. "I will be leaving knowing that the club's in good hands."

No doubt the people of Keighley are rejoicing if it's true Mick O'Neill is currently on a flight back from Oz as the saviour.

The month end has now passed. Any updates at all?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well, no news is good news, but in this case it might be no news means there's no one there.

Well, some guy on the Keighley forum on RLFans posted this in response to the same question

we have about 6 players, no coach, no training planned, no backroom staff, no manager, no ground staff. What we do have is an owner who never speaks, doesn't pay anyone and runs an 'asset stripping company'. 

Through some miracle we do get a squad together I would expect to finish bottom 3 at best. At worst we are being liquidated, I fear the latter is only a matter of time. 

Phoenix from the flames, absolutely. But i think we need 12 months of planning, not 2.

42 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Well, some guy on the Keighley forum on RLFans posted this in response to the same question

Aah but the RFL included them in the full fixture list so everything must be ok, or is one of the parties, Austria Holdings & RFL, telling lies or are they both just delusional?

3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Aah but the RFL included them in the full fixture list so everything must be ok, or is one of the parties, Austria Holdings & RFL, telling lies or are they both just delusional?

Well, I would imagine that the RFL are including them in the fixtlist as a contingency against their actual survival. No doubt if Keighley do manage to scrape through but hadn't been included then you would be on here slating them for their lack of vision.

Maybe you can tell us all what is going to happen, with 100% certainty, of course.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

26 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, I would imagine that the RFL are including them in the fixtlist as a contingency against their actual survival. No doubt if Keighley do manage to scrape through but hadn't been included then you would be on here slating them for their lack of vision.

Maybe you can tell us all what is going to happen, with 100% certainty, of course.

The RFL have changed tactics from recent times.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/14818876.CONFIRMED__York_City_Knights_NOT_in_2017_fixture_list___yet/

Maybe you can tell us all,why?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

12 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Dont the RFL own the lease to Cougar Park? so they could, theoretically, make sure they completed the season at a relatively low cost.

They couldn’t, though. They could charge a peppercorn rent but the club would still need to pay all the other costs.