Petition to Wind up for Toronto

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Damien said:

This is the important point:

This relates to our small UK subsidiary company and not to Toronto Wolfpack in Canada

No, the important point is that they seem to have not paid for the services that they contracted for, and were delivered. 

Thanks for the link, TLOT.  To be honest, though, the two bits that most caught my eye were Drinkwater allegedly heading for Hull KR for much less money than he wanted at Perpignan (silly, greedy lad, some might say) and, more particularly, that Ganson has seven new grade 1 panel referees, which I presume means they are officially at Super League level - now that is news!

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for the link, TLOT.  To be honest, though, the two bits that most caught my eye were Drinkwater allegedly heading for Hull KR for much less money than he wanted at Perpignan (silly, greedy lad, some might say) and, more particularly, that Ganson has seven new grade 1 panel referees, which I presume means they are officially at Super League level - now that is news!

Would love to live in the south of france.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Apparently if you put your debts through a subsidiary company you don’t need to pay them ?

Those companies were set up to avoid the player visa issues but needed to be 3 years old before that would work. Looks like they won’t get to 3 years now!! And the Bradford loan loophole has been shut down by the RFL. Just what will they do with these Aussies when they need to play in England? ?

My wife does something similar with my credit cards.

And what happens if Brandsmiths wins the court order?

53 minutes ago, SteelersWheeler said:

Really? How small a company to run up this level of UNPAID debt?

The lawyers have clearly overcharged...the bill should be no more than a few thousand pounds. not hundreds of thousands of pounds....we all know how these law firms operate when it comes to billing.,,,nice to see someone finally standing up to them.  

Its in the hands of the court now.

The company accounts for both of Toronto’s UK registered businesses at Companies House are both overdue (they’ve also never filed any accounts for either), with one being served a proposal to be struck off on 27th November 2018. 

I don’t know how important these two businesses are for Toronto or why there’s two, in all honesty. 

Why have toronto wolfpack got 2 companies ? the one in the uk was set up by perez before giving it over to argyle... seen some dodgy business going on 

also brian noble is a director of both Toronto UK businesses, maybe this is how they are attracting players and maybe buying them stuff from different accounts 

Most football clubs seem to run 2 businesses, one a holding company, the other the actual club. It’s to cover if one goes skint the other can continue! Not sure of the legal details, but as always lawyers make millions whatever happens. IMO more corrupt than those behind bars!

1 hour ago, SamRLYC said:

Why have toronto wolfpack got 2 companies ? the one in the uk was set up by perez before giving it over to argyle... seen some dodgy business going on 

also brian noble is a director of both Toronto UK businesses, maybe this is how they are attracting players and maybe buying them stuff from different accounts 

Not quite sure what you are implying here. Please be  more specific in your allegations.

How do you feel about, for example,  Eamonn McManus bring director of four companies?

Archived