Sign in to follow this  
Chamey

Toronto and Toulouse kicked out of Challenge Cup 2019

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

I AIN'T CUDDLING NO RUGBY PLAYERS!!!

(cheerleaders are something else however)

awww. have an open mind...

my sister has no problem getting close to them...

FEV WEN BW.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobertAM said:

my sister has no problem getting close to them...

FEV WEN BW.JPG

My sister would too probably. But me? Nope.

Maybe if they played a game at Jarvis C.I., just a block from Church & Wellesley. Lots of cuddling possibilities there, but I doubt the Wolfpack players would be much into it.

If there’s a silver lining to all this it’s that the thick inbred backward xenophobic flatcaps who cry about RFL favouritism for the likes of TWP really don’t have a leg to stand on anymore. Not that they ever did but this just shoots them down completely. 

Although I have a feeling it won’t stop them. 

I just read some mouh breather on twitter asking why they aren’t playing every second week away from home and asking for a level playing field. Without a hint of irony.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

According to this interview published today Argyle is turning down sponsors and yet the RFL can't seem to find sponsors.

Just a different level of professionalism. One organisation on the way up, the other on the way down and reduced to desperate measures that are an embarrassment to the sport .

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2018/12/07/People-and-Pop-Culture/Hangin-With

Edited by Yosser
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Nope, it’s people like you that are killing the game. 

If everyone had the mindset of giving up, where would we be?

I don’t agree with The RFL, I don’t agree with what Super League have done but I won’t let that stop me from enjoying the game I love. I don’t go to Rugby League because of the administration of the game, I go because I want to watch the product on the field and the players. 

What are the RFL doing to replace fans that walk away? Or 86 year old Frank from Featherstone who has supported the game his whole life but passed away last week? I can't see they're doing much more than relying on Franks' grand kids to keep following the game out of some blind family loyalty.

It is 2018 and if you live in a developed country you can follow any decent profile sport in the world pretty easily from the comfort of your own home. You also have plenty of other sports on offer to attend within striking distance of any pro or semi-pro club in Rugby League. How does the RFL plan to compete going forward? Certainly not with movies like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yosser said:

According to this interview published today Argyle is turning down sponsors and yet the RFL can't seem to find sponsors.

Just a different level of professionalism. One organisation on the way up, the other on the way down and reduced to desperate measures that are an embarrassment to the sport .

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2018/12/07/People-and-Pop-Culture/Hangin-With

I can already sense people on the verge of exploding at that last paragraph.

THIS ARTICLE IS A MUST READ FOR ALL HERE!!!

Edited by TIWIT

19 hours ago, ojx said:

This seams really petty by the RFL, especially since there is almost no chance of either team getting to the final. They are creating bad feelings for nothing.

Both clubs create a lot of publicity for the competition.

Toronto have put some interest back into the early rounds.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, Man of Kent said:

Hmmm. Even if by some miracle the likes of Leigh, Halifax, Fev, Bradford et al made the final, they would likely bring a decent following. Much more than TO and TWP.

OK, so Halifax and Fev would bring masses more to a challenge cup final than the wolfpack? Right............. perhaps that's cos they get such huge gates at their own grounds.........What was the average home attendance at Halifax last season out of interest?

Edited by Jampot

1 hour ago, Yosser said:

If Argyle was just put in charge for just a couple of years things would dramatically change for the better...he knows how to get things done in a proper, professional manner.   I know he would be up for it too.  Just remember he took an old run down factory plant that was broke in Australia and turned it around to make a billion....THATS THE MAN RL NEEDS AT THE HELM!

Time to change the course...time to grow and change the horrible tone of defeatism...time to bring the people back into the stadiums again.  Argyle is the man to do this.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If Argyle was just put in charge for just a couple of years things would dramatically change for the better...he knows how to get things done in a proper, professional manner.   I know he would be up for it too.  Just remember he took an old run down factory plant that was broke in Australia and turned it around to make a billion....THATS THE MAN RL NEEDS AT THE HELM!

Time to change the course...time to grow and change the horrible tone of defeatism...time to bring the people back into the stadiums again.  Argyle is the man to do this.

Why bother with little old England and its backward ways? You've got your Messiah, so why don't you just make your own league in Canada and show the world how amazing you all are at organisation and promotion.

Stand on your own four paws Pack.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yosser said:

For me the interesting bit about the article above is about the link with Ontario Rugby.

Let me be clear. I do NOT trust rugby union. You only have to look at current threads on this forum ie the " Greek RL forced to play matches after midnight" thread.

That said, I have always been confident that given a level playing field that anyone exposed to rugby league would prefer it to union.

Mr Argyle seems to be saying just give the kids a rugby ball and they will enjoy the game and as they have no baggage they too will see that RL is a better game than union. 

If the Wolfpack can make a big enough splash with this initiative there is every chance that the kids will view RL as "proper" rugby.

I firmly believe that if Mr Argle and the Wolfpack can get RL established in Ontario, RL will be srong enough to stand against the dark side and open up a new market in a new continent the whole game can prosper.

If that means some small towns in England lose a place at the top few tables, but the game finally gets into the mainstream of world sport for me that would be nirvana.

• Like 5

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

26 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Why bother with little old England and its backward ways? You've got your Messiah, so why don't you just make your own league in Canada and show the world how amazing you all are at organisation and promotion.

Stand on your own four paws Pack.

They might have to when the game in England finally disappears up its own ######.

It’ll be entirely down to attitudes like yours but you won’t admit it.

All the little Englanders will be in miserable old ****’s heaven as the last of the pit town clubs fold or switch codes or are left to play out a tinpot competition against a handful of other smalltime rivals in front of two old blokes and a whippet. And both of them will be whinging about it being the RFL’s fault without even a moment of self-awareness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

They might have to when the game in England finally disappears up its own ######.

Then there is nothing to fear. Rugby league will survive, one way or another. Either in its traditional home of England, or in the free world across the pond.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

It’ll be entirely down to attitudes like yours but you won’t admit it.

All the little Englanders will be in miserable old ****’s heaven as the last of the pit town clubs fold or switch codes or are left to play out a tinpot competition against a handful of other smalltime rivals in front of two old blokes and a whippet. And both of them will be whinging about it being the RFL’s fault without even a moment of self-awareness.

140 years and the game still remains. Good luck in your quest to change that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SL17 said:

140 years and the game still remains. Good luck in your quest to change that.

Show me any evidence that I want the game dead.

We all know you and your kind fully support any move to prevent any growth in the sport so it’s clear who wants it dead.

And anyone who thinks RL has been around for 140 years clearly has no interest in facts or is too stupid to subtract 2018 from 1895.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Show me any evidence that I want the game dead.

We all know you and your kind fully support any move to prevent any growth in the sport so it’s clear who wants it dead.

And anyone who thinks RL has been around for 140 years clearly has no interest in facts or is too stupid to subtract 2018 from 1895.

With respect,my ideas of growing the game have never changed. Its called YOUTH.. Something that has been left behind for three decades. Now it comes back to haunt the greedy.

• Like 2

Just now, SL17 said:

With respect,my ideas of growing the game have never changed. Its called YOUTH.. Something that has been left behind for three decades. Now it comes back to haunt the greedy.

Youth...as long as they’re not from outside a handful of northern towns no doubt. They can f*** off if they are.

I simply can’t imagine why no one has listened to you.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

For me the interesting bit about the article above is about the link with Ontario Rugby.

Let me be clear. I do NOT trust rugby union. You only have to look at current threads on this forum ie the " Greek RL forced to play matches after midnight" thread.

That said, I have always been confident that given a level playing field that anyone exposed to rugby league would prefer it to union.

Mr Argyle seems to be saying just give the kids a rugby ball and they will enjoy the game and as they have no baggage they too will see that RL is a better game than union. 

If the Wolfpack can make a big enough splash with this initiative there is every chance that the kids will view RL as "proper" rugby.

I firmly believe that if Mr Argle and the Wolfpack can get RL established in Ontario, RL will be srong enough to stand against the dark side and open up a new market in a new continent the whole game can prosper

It's worth stating that the Greek situation is nothing to do with RU, there's literally zero involvement from them.

As for the rest, rugby in the Americas isn't big enough to waste resources fighting each other, it's best for both that they get along.

Edited by Chamey

10 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Youth...as long as they’re not from outside a handful of northern towns no doubt. They can f*** off if they are.

I simply can’t imagine why no one has listened to you.

I couldn't care less where the youth comes from. The point is growth is it not?

16 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I couldn't care less where the youth comes from. The point is growth is it not?

And you think this is consistent with your anti-Toronto nonsense do you? I bet TWP have attracted more people to RL, youth or otherwise, in the past two years than all the clubs in the north combined, but nah we don’t want that. You claim to want growth, but rail against a new club in a new country with thousands of new fans. I guess only certain growth in certain places is allowed under flatcap law.

• Sad 1