Obituary Thread

9 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Never watched union, but he was clearly a respected and legendary figure from the WRU's Golden Age. 

Him and J.P.R.Williams within a month is a huge loss for Welsh RU heritage. Both would have been fine Rugby League players at the highest level.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't tell him Pike.

RIP Ian Lavender.

• Sad 4

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

56 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Don't tell him Pike.

RIP Ian Lavender.

The last of the gang to go. 

Also today, the news of the passing of Michael Jayston, a character actor who has been in a lot of things. People might recognise his face before his name.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

56 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Also today, the news of the passing of Michael Jayston, a character actor who has been in a lot of things. People might recognise his face before his name.

He was great in Quiller

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I hadn’t heard that , that’s sad . Tinker Tailor comes to mind . 

Edited by DavidM

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Peter Guillam in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy.

Toby Keith, aka "The Star" in this anecdote.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Toby Keith, aka "The Star" in this anecdote.

Kris Kristofferson was right both about the man and the direction he took country music in.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 05/02/2024 at 13:35, Futtocks said:

Such a distinctive, enjoyable voice (Jayston) - heard in numerous TV ads of the 70s and 80s. Did loads of audio books, too, apparently.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Mojo Nixon, aged 66.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Sad 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Kenyan long-distance runner Henry Rono, who broke four world records in the span of 81 days in 1978, died on Thursday at the age of 72.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

RIP Alexei Navalny.  

• Sad 3