Semi v York

Batley Bob

It will be interesting to see how both clubs approach this game. Will we go all out with our best team to win it, or continue to give everyone game time?

On top of the prestige of getting to a final, home advantage awaits the winners and the lucrative food and drinks sales that will go with it. 

Does anyone know if there is any prize money for winning?

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

It will be interesting to see how both clubs approach this game. Will we go all out with our best team to win it, or continue to give everyone game time?

On top of the prestige of getting to a final, home advantage awaits the winners and the lucrative food and drinks sales that will go with it. 

Does anyone know if there is any prize money for winning?

Just the trophy I think , we’ve already won one this pre season , will need a bigger cabinet

A0631207-A2BC-4C86-8283-D41C9F4550AF.jpeg

A5FEBE4E-CF86-428A-8BF7-75B8886E8C9E.jpeg

IMG_0583.JPG

I'm looking forward to the game. I'm sure both teams will want to win. I guess the Knights will field a mixture of experience and younger players. We have a few injuries, and with only a squad of 24 to pick from, the team may well pick itself. I have worked out that each partaking club should make in excess of £12k from receipts if the crowds hold up, possibly more if week 3 friendlies are brought into the equation. It's been a good competition.

6 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

No not really, I think we should treat it for what it is, a competitive run out that makes each club a few quid. In the bigger scheme of things, the match is relatively unimportant. My post wasn't an early excuse, more a concern for the size of our squad.

I agree... as long as we win!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

19 minutes ago, RogerT said:

It's strangely quiet on here to say it's a SEMI-FINAL, even the main website is quiet twitter not much better. 

It would seem so. I am looking forward to seeing Yates getting a game. The trialists have impressed so far and Brierley and Wood look a couple of stars in the making.

C ant wait York will be no pushovers this year. I'm not buying this pre season stuff were some coaches value cup and others don't. Final place will be earnt through 160 minutes of footie.

Dogs v rams would be a great final but I can see the bulls coasting through in the other semi

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Roger thought we were snowed under in Toronto. View from my window few moments ago. we could be playing rugby here!!!

we have got a similar tower...in downtown Emley

emley moor.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

York v Rams that would be good. No in all honesty it should be a Batley and Bulls final up at the mount,good luck.

No disrespect to York but a Dog's v Bulls final would be a cracker and good for the coffers

But sentimentally id prefer Dogs v Rams but absolutely not taking York lightly.

Archived