new stadium - todays press

miaow

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

I don't think asking the question is out of order the question needed to be asked myself and other members of my family are still waiting to have 14 seats named after us at £40 a pop. I've stopped asking about them. I hate to see people continuously having a go at the club because I know how much hard work is put in running it. I offered to attach the names myself but heard nothing back, last time I was told they had been put on but had been taken off by vandals. No they weren't !!!!  If the names had been fiitd then there is no way i would expect them to be transfered to the new stadium its the same with Shauns bar, its the end of an era and we move on.Sorry for the gripe and UTT .

I asked the question and was told that the original badges weren’t fit for purpose and were easily removed so the plan B was to use stickers.

Looking at them those badges were never going to work.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/23/2019 at 3:08 PM, GeordieTownie said:

I asked the question and was told that the original badges weren’t fit for purpose and were easily removed so the plan B was to use stickers.

Looking at them those badges were never going to work.

The samples the company sent looked pretty robust if they had been attached properly they wouldn't have come off unless someone made a concerted effort to remove. I just feel IMO no effort was made to deliver what was paid for. 

1 hour ago, GentlemanJim said:

i also paid for one I'm memory of my dad and you know what? The club has come on massively so for the small outlay so I'm not that bothered. I'm not so sure it was even this board that kicked it off

Totally agree.

I saw those badges and they were ######. It should’ve been stickers all along.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:53 PM, GeordieTownie said:

Totally agree.

I saw those badges and they were ######. It should’ve been stickers all along.

They can't have been the ones I was shown then, stickers Would have lasted 10 minutes. No attempt was made to deliver these whatsoever IMO, we are hopefully moving to a new ground and they would have disappeared along with the old stadium anyhow but it would have been nice to see those names on the seats for a couple of years but hey ho.

I don’t know which ones you were shown but the ones I saw were a hard plastic rectangle with rounded corners. It was on the floor in the grandstand with the face scratched as someone had stood on it when it fell off rather than pick it up. Unfortunately the seat backs are curved so unless you pop riveted them they’d never work. Why do you think stadium seat numbers have stickers on rather than hard plastic?? Errr cos they’re fit for purpose.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, GentlemanJim said:

i also paid for one I'm memory of my dad and you know what? The club has come on massively so for the small outlay so I'm not that bothered. I'm not so sure it was even this board that kicked it off

Yes this board has come on leaps and bounds and I wouldn't be bothered about a £40 outlay. Unfortunately an outlay of over £500 Is different, I'm not bothered about the half of that sum that I paid for because I'm a die hard who would do anything for the club but the other half were bought in good faith by other members of my family who aren't all ardent fans. It's quite embarrassing seen as it was me who persuaded them to purchase them in memory of loved ones. Some bought shares as well but they knew that was just a donation to help the club through hard times. I could have done without your sneering reply implying that I shouldn't be complaining due to the fact our new BOD are doing a good job. I know they are.

1 minute ago, GeordieTownie said:

I don’t know which ones you were shown but the ones I saw were a hard plastic rectangle with rounded corners. It was on the floor in the grandstand with the face scratched as someone had stood on it when it fell off rather than pick it up. Unfortunately the seat backs are curved so unless you pop riveted them they’d never work. Why do you think stadium seat numbers have stickers on rather than black plastic?? Errr cos they’re fit for purpose.

Err I offered to pop rivet them on smart a##e

5 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Yes this board has come on leaps and bounds and I wouldn't be bothered about a £40 outlay. Unfortunately an outlay of over £500 Is different, I'm not bothered about the half of that sum that I paid for because I'm a die hard who would do anything for the club but the other half were bought in good faith by other members of my family who aren't all ardent fans. It's quite embarrassing seen as it was me who persuaded them to purchase them in memory of loved ones. Some bought shares as well but they knew that was just a donation to help the club through hard times. I could have done without your sneering reply implying that I shouldn't be complaining due to the fact our new BOD are doing a good job. I know they are.

I’m sure if you contacted the club regarding your obvious disgust they’d offer you a refund.

Just now, GeordieTownie said:

Who did you offer it to any why didn’t they take you up on your offer?

The guy who ordered them I won't mention his name. God knows why he didn't take up my offer that's why I am doubting they were ever bought. Anyhow I'm resigned to the fact they won't be fitted so we move on.

3 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Well some were on the chairs so they obviously were. So we move on.

Smart a##e and a know it all. Some on here have been saying that for a while and now I can see why. 

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Well some were on the chairs so they obviously were. So we move on.

I have one on my seat alongside my best friend who is now sadly no longer with us,One of our names are on a plastic sticker,werehas mine is a little brass nameplate which can only be removed if it is forced,both were kindly bought by   his family when Skipper passed away,It is a bit disheartening when you order and pay, but haven't had any news since, but it is nice to call a seat "your's"when in your favourite club..

8 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

wasn't sneering

On 1/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, yanto said:

The host cities and towns for the World Cup are to be announced on Tuesday 29th January. 

After the last fiasco when West Cumbria was awarded some games on the "promise" of a new stadium, I would think the organisers would be reluctant to go down that route again. 

I would be very very surprised if Workington were awarded any games when the new stadium is still a long way of getting passed, funded and built. 

But hey this is rugby league we are talking about so you never know ??

VERY PLEASED TO BE WRONG ?

4 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Have a read on the Times & Star website Thomo, some of the other councillors are challenging the decision to build the stadium.

Hopefully the Labour council have done their homework and properly costed the construction cost or there could be trouble ahead!

Are you against the staduim mate?? You always seem pessemistic over the stadium subject. 

Archived