new stadium - todays press

miaow

4 minutes ago, bobg said:

Me too onreport, I have stood next to you most of that time as well . 

Or even sat on the wall way back before speedway.

But yeah we have been there even through the good and bad times mate and long may it continue

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, lakeland said:

who did town play , the very first game at dp 

First match at Derwent Park  ....11th Feb 1956 versus Salford ...RL Cup Rd1.

Town 16 v Salford 0.

Town scorers:  Tries;_ Southward, Edgar, Archer, Herbert.   Goals- Southward 2.

Town line up......Vickers, Southward, Wookey, Gibson, McCarten, Archer, Roper, Armstrong, Richardson, Watchorne, Edgar, Herbert, Key. 

well onwards and upwards - looks like all systems go for the stadium front, so nothing left for us all to do except get behind the project and hope that they don't find anything untoward once the start the groundworks, as its a very very tight timescale to plan and build a stadium from scratch !!

I suppose there's nothing to stop them clearing the site immediately and they could start on the grandstand furtherst away from Borough Park and knock the old stadium down as soon as the season finishes

4 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

well onwards and upwards - looks like all systems go for the stadium front, so nothing left for us all to do except get behind the project and hope that they don't find anything untoward once the start the groundworks, as its a very very tight timescale to plan and build a stadium from scratch !!

I suppose there's nothing to stop them clearing the site immediately and they could start on the grandstand furtherst away from Borough Park and knock the old stadium down as soon as the season finishes

If they don’t get cracking as soon as planning is passed they’re asking for trouble.

4 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

York’s new stadium is on target to be completed to timescale, 16 months altogether. It can be done.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

There is RL funding towards the stadium - maybe its from the £15m pot that the Govt gave to the 2021 RLWC

A utility company wants to buy DP

A hotel is to be built on the green space near to the Tesco roundabout

All of the above help the stadium project 

4 hours ago, shaun mc said:

There is RL funding towards the stadium - maybe its from the £15m pot that the Govt gave to the 2021 RLWC

As the rfl have now awarded the WC games to Workington they will have looked at the build time scale, they wouldn't have awarded them otherwise, they will also have looked at the difrent agency's that are putting the finacel packidge together for the build, 

6 hours ago, shaun mc said:

I have no doubt that a lot of work on the funding for the stadium will have been going on in the background, remember it will also be a football stadium so would bring in fa grants from the likes of the football foundation. I am positive that the new ground can be a catalyst for investment in the area. Hopefully all companies operating in the area will be invited into corporate sponsorship offers as early as possible 

4 hours ago, Route66 said:

I have no doubt that a lot of work on the funding for the stadium will have been going on in the background, remember it will also be a football stadium so would bring in fa grants from the likes of the football foundation. I am positive that the new ground can be a catalyst for investment in the area. Hopefully all companies operating in the area will be invited into corporate sponsorship offers as early as possible 

I believe someone at the reds has been working on grants for a while for the stadium project. having the reds in the community and juniors on board for the new stadium will defiantly help the cause for grants. 

On 2/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, Derwent said:

York’s new stadium is on target to be completed to timescale, 16 months altogether. It can be done.

I'm guessing the stadium will be completed in phases

ie: phase 1 - having the stadium open with hospitality within the 16 month timescale
phase 2: Fitting out the NHS office areas
phase 3: Fitting out the Sellafield office areas

It doesn't seem to take long to get steel work in place for the seating and standing areas of the stadium, seems to be the fitting out that takes up all the time and expense ....just ask Spurs about it !! 

I see there's a new attempt to delay the new stadium plans until after may elections. I will be beleive theres gonna be a new stadium  when the building work physically starts.  people still in the dark ages seem  determined on stopping it from going ahead ☹

14 minutes ago, town4me said:

I see there's a new attempt to delay the new stadium plans until after may elections. I will be beleive theres gonna be a new stadium  when the building work physically starts.  people still in the dark ages seem  determined on stopping it from going ahead ☹

These Dinosaurs need voted out at the next local elections they are trying to stop the area progressing in any way they can. they are just a bunch of narcissists who like the attention. Usual suspects.

Good interview from the reds chairman but obviously a few stumbling blocks still ahead,interesting that he rightly speaks of confidentiality in regard to the negotiations while a prominent local councillor is allowed to scaremonger all over social media.What irritates me most is the amount of local people who agree with his rants then when you click on their profile they are  the biggest man utd/Liverpool /st Helens etc fans.No wonder crowds aren't what they should be.

Archived