new stadium - todays press

miaow

52 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Good interview from the reds chairman but obviously a few stumbling blocks still ahead,interesting that he rightly speaks of confidentiality in regard to the negotiations while a prominent local councillor is allowed to scaremonger all over social media.What irritates me most is the amount of local people who agree with his rants then when you click on their profile they are  the biggest man utd/Liverpool /st Helens etc fans.No wonder crowds aren't what they should be.

I agree R66 its a good interview from the reds chairman , interesting when he says that at the last  AGM  the new ground was fully discussed by all that attended and that the best interest of WAFC and long term future of the club and that it is a fantastic opportunity for the whole of west cumbria to enjoy. Well said Mr Chairman 

I wonder if these people that are complaining actually attended the AGM in the first place. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hate the rec said:

I agree R66 its a good interview from the reds chairman , interesting when he says that at the last  AGM  the new ground was fully discussed by all that attended and that the best interest of WAFC and long term future of the club and that it is a fantastic opportunity for the whole of west cumbria to enjoy. Well said Mr Chairman 

I wonder if these people that are complaining actually attended the AGM in the first place. 

Just thought maybe there hearing aids were not switch on !!

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Dinosaurs

all they are asking for is what was promised at the AGM. that before the club agrees to any move the shareholders will get to see the deal and vote on it. the chairman confirmed st the AGM this would happen and again on the radio on Tuesday evening. as soon as they have an agreement in principle an EGM will be called and the shareholders will be consulted. there is nothing wrong with that IMO and it seems the right way to do things. 

Also the league need to approve our move to derwent park (I'm guessing making sure it reaches standard, a paper exercise) but at the moment there been no approval from the league.

6 hours ago, rockerlad said:

all they are asking for is what was promised at the AGM. that before the club agrees to any move the shareholders will get to see the deal and vote on it. the chairman confirmed st the AGM this would happen and again on the radio on Tuesday evening. as soon as they have an agreement in principle an EGM will be called and the shareholders will be consulted. there is nothing wrong with that IMO and it seems the right way to do things. 

Also the league need to approve our move to derwent park (I'm guessing making sure it reaches standard, a paper exercise) but at the moment there been no approval from the league.

I'm a shareholder at the Town but if the people who run the club want to lead us in a certain direction then who am I to argue with them. The Reds board should tell them to do one or tell them to take control and see how they get on....dinosaurs and S### stirrers. 

23 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I'm a shareholder at the Town but if the people who run the club want to lead us in a certain direction then who am I to argue with them. The Reds board should tell them to do one or tell them to take control and see how they get on....dinosaurs and S### stirrers. 

it was the reds board who promised the shareholders the vote/egm. ultimately they don't own the club the shareholders do. and I can't see any shareholders voting against the move tbh after the state/oncost of BP was discussed back in December.

36 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

it was the reds board who promised the shareholders the vote/egm. ultimately they don't own the club the shareholders do. and I can't see any shareholders voting against the move tbh after the state/oncost of BP was discussed back in December.

Let's hope so

• 2 weeks later...

Anything positive to give us ? I'm sure these are just enquiries from various bodies that will be addressed in due course. I can't see how the new stadium will affect the river and the Ramsey brow one is ludicrous, we had 2 crowds of 9k at DP for the WC which is more than the capacity of the new stadium !!!!

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Anything positive to give us ? I'm sure these are just enquiries from various bodies that will be addressed in due course. I can't see how the new stadium will affect the river and the Ramsey brow one is ludicrous, we had 2 crowds of 9k at DP for the WC which is more than the capacity of the new stadium !!!!

that's the most recent press release. you would expect some new before the local elections in may surely ?‍♂️

Love the bit about the impact the new ground will have on Bass lake and the river Derwent .At the moment we have 2 grounds in the future we will have one shared ground and that will have a bigger impact .........sorry that is nonsense . Just get on and build the thing and stop holding the town of Workington back  , at this rate Brexit seems easier !

34 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Love the bit about the impact the new ground will have on Bass lake and the river Derwent .At the moment we have 2 grounds in the future we will have one shared ground and that will have a bigger impact .........sorry that is nonsense . Just get on and build the thing and stop holding the town of Workington back  , at this rate Brexit seems easier !

Thought that myself,unless they're actually building the stadium in the derwent ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Here's me thinking the Derwent flowed westwards from Bass Lake to the sea. The stadium will have some impact if it can reverse the river flow back to Bass Lake

1 hour ago, shaun mc said:

Here's me thinking the Derwent flowed westwards from Bass Lake to the sea. The stadium will have some impact if it can reverse the river flow back to Bass Lake

No doubt the next thing will be the new ground having a major effect on the Atlantic ocean.... 

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

Or the breeding grounds of the Canadian chinook salmon,obviously.

Well that's a given, and it will obviously confuse migrating birds as they will now get lost, looking for 2 stadiums not 1.

3 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Or the breeding grounds of the Canadian chinook salmon,obviously.

I wouldn't mind if they breeding in the Derwent,Was fishing for chinucks on the Simon frazer river when i was last in Vancouver BC..???

League Express tweeting they are running a story where there are doubts about the new stadium being ready for the RLWC 2021.....but there is a contingency plan

Any news?

28 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

realistically it should be under construction now surely.

I would be amazed if they couldn't knock the stadium together in 2yrs.

28 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

realistically it should be under construction now surely.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, unicorn106 said:

Radio Cumbria need their ass kicked letting that joker have air time spouting his negativity. It was the Mark Jenkinson let's hold Workington and Allerdale back show. Surely they should have had someone on there giving a positive view. What a bell end he is.

Not sure what you have done to upset the seaton councillor but he's using a screenshot of this post from January on his Facebook to have another bash at the new stadium 

2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Not sure what you have done to upset the seaton councillor but he's using a screenshot of this post from January on his Facebook to have another bash at the new stadium 

Yeh I've seen it, the guy is deluded saying he represents the many not the few. Pinching quotes from Corbyn but I can see they are very much alike....both Bell ***s. He's very vocal about it on his keyboard but didn't have the balls to turn up at the sports centre to have his say.

Archived