Fitness Thread

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Holy mackrel.

That is pretty dramatic. Bedford Roughyed mentioned he can see the difference in his body, is it the same with you?

Can't say I have so far. They don't feel massively easier really, I just seem to be able to go on for a fair bit longer! Each time I've done the daily one, I've struggled with the last set and only been able to do 1 or 2 more than the recommended. 

• Like 1

Whilst I was self-isolating I was thinking of a way that I could keep up my running; I've been running steady for a year now and don't want to lose anything over what was going to be potentially 2 weeks.

I decided to give the bleep test a go in the garden as it is just over 20m from my driveway to the garage. I started off and went flying, my leg just kind of gave out. So after brushing myself off and stopping the bleeding, I managed to get up to 8.3.

I wasn't particularly pleased with it, the temptation to quit was too high as soon as it got remotely tough. I gave it another two goes once I'd caught my breath and did similar.

Well worth a go though. 

31 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Can't say I have so far. They don't feel massively easier really, I just seem to be able to go on for a fair bit longer! Each time I've done the daily one, I've struggled with the last set and only been able to do 1 or 2 more than the recommended. 

Similar to my experience. Each time I manage the day, I am surprised. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

100 snatches with the 24 in 10:33.

A lot tougher than i thought / remember. 

Will do 5left, 5right on the minute for 10 mins. Add 1 more each arm till 10left, 10right in 10 mins is 200 in 10 mins which is the mega goal ill likely not complete

I miss the ergs at the gym. 

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Pushups.  So got to the end of week 6 last week and went for the 100 yesterday.  Knew it was going to be a real stretch and so it was.  63.  More than half way and better than my best up to that point so pretty happy considering I was at 42 when I started.

Backing the truck up to week 5 and having another run at the hill!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

When I inevitably miss out this week I think that’s how I’ll do it by dropping back to week 5 rather than doing 6 again. 

I knew I was taking longer between sets so will be working on pulling that time down.  This is taking my mind of other difficulties at the moment so I'm not too bothered, kind of glad in a way! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

When I inevitably miss out this week I think that’s how I’ll do it by dropping back to week 5 rather than doing 6 again. 

A good idea. I might well try and stick with 6, we shall see.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Week 6, day 3. After rest on Monday and other exercise on Sunday (i.e. no excuses).

26-26-33-33-26-26-22-22(those with short breaks, then a couple of minutes)-60+(60)

A poor last set, when I had been feeling pretty good.

I am now on a final set of 100+ on Friday. I was feeling pretty good until I did the last set and struggled from 42. We will see, I might go back to the start of week 6 and no further back to take the lead from @bobbruce ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 4, day 2 - 20, 25, 20,  20, 30

The gaps are definitely longer than a minute now.  Hurty.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It does state "REST 90 SECONDS BETWEEN EACH SET
(LONGER IF REQUIRED)"

Seems pretty clear to me!

37 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It does state "REST 90 SECONDS BETWEEN EACH SET
(LONGER IF REQUIRED)"

Seems pretty clear to me!

They were longer than 90 seconds too!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

15 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They were longer than 90 seconds too!

Yes, mine were much longer. Keep going! 

I had a rest day today from exercise as I felt very tired and sore after the last couple of days, when in addition to my exercise I've done a lot of jobs around the house. It didn't turn out to be much of a rest though as I still went for a 1 hour walk though, cut the grass and did loads of jobs and managed to rack up 25,000 steps whilst I was at it.

8 hours ago, Damien said:

I had a rest day today from exercise as I felt very tired and sore after the last couple of days, when in addition to my exercise I've done a lot of jobs around the house. It didn't turn out to be much of a rest though as I still went for a 1 hour walk though, cut the grass and did loads of jobs and managed to rack up 25,000 steps whilst I was at it.

That counts as a stamina day

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I'm did Week 3 Day 1 on Tuesday and decided to do it straight after a 7k run. 

Big mistake, I naively thought because it was different muscles it wouldn't make a difference. I really really struggled to get through the expected number. 

• Like 1

I am impressed at how many are pushing up and the overall progress.

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Push ups week 6 day 2 ( a day late as couldn’t fit them in yesterday)

22,22,30,30,24,24,18,18 and 84

Eight-f'ing-4!

I think you are going to do the 100 in five days time. An extra day of rest does help, doesn't it.

6 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Eight-f'ing-4!

I think you are going to do the 100 in five days time. An extra day of rest does help, doesn't it.

Massively I really struggled with every set on Monday. Didn’t expect that last set though pleased with that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Massively I really struggled with every set on Monday. Didn’t expect that last set though pleased with that. 

I am on that final set tomorrow.

Once I get towards fifty, it will be really tough. I will be disppointed not to make seventy, and pleased with eighty. Anything over would be a huge bonus.

It sounds like Week 6 is definately the one you should be on.

On 13/01/2019 at 17:11, Bob8 said:

A spin-off of the Losing and Gaining Weight threads, I was a little inspired and thought it could be good to start a fitness thread. I am trying to get back in shape after putting on weight over Christmas. I intend to go to teh gym tomorrow and work hard, but know I am more likely to do that if I write it on here.

TRL Fitness Club

Griff9of13 to come up with something

Bedford Roughyed is going for 10K steps

Wiltshire Rhino will be doing three miles (the occasional in the walking, until a few months later is is occasional walks in the running).

Saint1, up at 4:45 for the gym tomorrow, doing some acceleration work and a lower body session, followed by some intervals on the rower.

GingerJon will be averaging 3K a day

Damian will make us pround

I will go on a boxing bag and finish when I am knackered

Johnoco is joining us on Tuesday!

Niels is off to the gym on Tuesday

Tim2 doing about 3k per day

Right, report time...

@Griff9of13 has come up with stuff. Nice

@Bedford Roughyed was going great guns, and is now using arms instead of legs. Good stuff.

@Wiltshire Rhino has just done Day 4, like the fine man he is.

@Saint 1 is doing great.

@gingerjon has been doing well on the weight, but we need a report....

@Damian has made us proud.

I will be next on the bag on Saturday evening.

@Johnoco owes us a report

@Niels has been doing very well

@tim2 has been exercising well (particularly in the circumstances)

• Like 1