Jump to content

Who will you vote for?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will you vote for?

    • Conservatives
      2
    • Labour
      10
    • Lib Dems
      13
    • UKIP
      3
    • Brexit Party
      26
    • SNP
      2
    • Plaid Cymru
      1
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
      14
    • Greens
      12
    • Other
      1
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

    • Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
      48
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared
      36


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Stop misrepresenting what I said about Claire Fox.  I did NOT say that and you know it.

I said I would remain open minded about Claire Fox until I had concluded my research about her.

For your information, I have indeed concluded that research.  I don't know how the system works for EU votes because I've never voted in an EU election before (never wanted to give credence to a club I didn't want to be part of) but if I can do so then I will vote for Dr Bull.  I am too uncomfortable voting for Claire Fox.  Had she specifically stated that she had changed her stance on the IRA then I would have voted for her.

You will be explicitly voting for Fox if you put a tick in the box for The Bexit Party as she is their #1 choice for the North West seat. I hope you're suitably proud in the knowledge that you will be voting for a Jimmy Savile apologist. Well done.

 


"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume that the poll above is an accurate reflection of the country so it's going to be hard for Theresa to keep her job after masterminding a 1.52% poll return.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I assume that the poll above is an accurate reflection of the country so it's going to be hard for Theresa to keep her job after masterminding a 1.52% poll return.

A good reason for me in voting the way I am going to vote. If my protest vote hastens her demise then all the better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

A good reason for me in voting the way I am going to vote. If my protest vote hastens her demise then all the better.

And then what? Whoever follows her faces the same problems of the fantasy brexit promised by all the charlatan BS'ers like führarge running head-long into reality. Rinse and repeat. :kolobok_fie:


"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

And then what? Whoever follows her faces the same problems of the fantasy brexit promised by all the charlatan BS'ers like führarge running head-long into reality. Rinse and repeat. :kolobok_fie:

We will just have to see, your opinion differs to mine, no big deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The candidates in the North-West include for the Brexit Party a certain Henrik Overgaard Nielsen, sounds Danish to me. Biting nose of to spite face springs to mind.


RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The candidates in the North-West include for the Brexit Party a certain Henrik Overgaard Nielsen, sounds Danish to me. Biting nose of to spite face springs to mind.

He's a danish socialist who works in London (I believe) and is number 2 on the list.  

Who would have thought tories in the north west would be voting for a marxist and a socialist.  😂

  • Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

He's a danish socialist who works in London (I believe) and is number 2 on the list.  

Who would have thought tories in the north west would be voting for a marxist and a socialist.  😂

They haven't yet


RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big shocking news!!!

 

  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Big shocking news!!!

 

Yet more wasted time and money, given that we're supposed to still be leaving at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Yet more wasted time and money, given that we're supposed to still be leaving at some point.

Ok surely if we are voting in a new set of MEP's and we as far from an agreed solution as we were the day after the referendum (in may respects further away as opinions have hardened and entrenched) what is wrong with putting a hold on EVERYTHING re Brexit (as in revoke A50) and accepting we will stay for the length of this EU parliament and do some proper planning on whether and if so how to Brexit at the time of the next Euro Election.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Ok surely if we are voting in a new set of MEP's and we as far from an agreed solution as we were the day after the referendum (in may respects further away as opinions have hardened and entrenched) what is wrong with putting a hold on EVERYTHING re Brexit (as in revoke A50) and accepting we will stay for the length of this EU parliament and do some proper planning on whether and if so how to Brexit at the time of the next Euro Election.

What's the purpose of such a delay? We surely know by now what the issues are surrounding Brexit. We know what our choices are. It's a case of people (mainly MP's) compromising so that something can get through parliament. Are the options available going to be any different in four years time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

What's the purpose of such a delay? We surely know by now what the issues are surrounding Brexit. We know what our choices are. It's a case of people (mainly MP's) compromising so that something can get through parliament. Are the options available going to be any different in four years time?

This is a thread about the EU elections, which are happening because the UK, as of now, hasn't left the EU and therefore has to elect a new bunch of MEPs.

The reasons why the UK hasn't left the EU as yet are being discussed in t'other lengthy Brexit thread.

Please try to keep this thread about who you're voting for and why (or why not) in the EU elections, or we'll end up with two threads covering exactly the same ground.

Thanks all.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, today is the last day to register to vote if you want to vote in the EU elections.

Handy guide of how to go about registering here.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-07/how-to-make-sure-youre-registered-to-vote-in-the-uks-european-elections-and-the-deadline-is-midnight-tonight/

  • Thanks 1

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it will be absolute carnage for the Tories, slightly better for Labour, polling a joint total of 25%

The Brexit party and UKIP will poll around 40% jointly.

The 'we are totally against and want to stop Brexit but daren't say it out loud because we are too scared to do so, so will abdicate our responsibility by putting it back to the people as it's the easier thing to do' parties will poll around 35% jointly.

Nothing sorted and the circus will go on, each side claiming the high ground and the victory.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I reckon it will be absolute carnage for the Tories, slightly better for Labour, polling a joint total of 25%

The Brexit party and UKIP will poll around 40% jointly.

The 'we are totally against and want to stop Brexit but daren't say it out loud because we are too scared to do so, so will abdicate our responsibility by putting it back to the people as it's the easier thing to do' parties will poll around 35% jointly.

Nothing sorted and the circus will go on, each side claiming the high ground and the victory.

And that is my point - if we are having these elections lets make them about the EU parliament and not about EU Yes/No - whichever way you look at it there is a possibility these people voted in are about to get paid 8750 Euro a month in salary plus 4300 euro in office expenses so £133000 per year for up to 4 years , let's put some people there who will do something useful and not just be annoying 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Nothing sorted and the circus will go on, each side claiming the high ground and the victory.

No different to any other election, then.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't even manage a twitter account let alone an election campain!  If you click through you'll find the @TheIndGroup name has been leapt on by a brexit supporter!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shrek said:

Can't even manage a twitter account let alone an election campain!  If you click through you'll find the @TheIndGroup name has been leapt on by a brexit supporter!

 

They should just give up and let established parties with a manifesto campaign - same as The Brexit party should cede to UKIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

And that is my point - if we are having these elections lets make them about the EU parliament and not about EU Yes/No - whichever way you look at it there is a possibility these people voted in are about to get paid 8750 Euro a month in salary plus 4300 euro in office expenses so £133000 per year for up to 4 years , let's put some people there who will do something useful and not just be annoying 

But to be fair, what else do you expect these EU elections to be about? It's obvious they are going to turn into a de facto referendum. It's all fine and dandy saying they should be about the issues but we all know they wont be. Indeed, 50% of the people who have voted on this threads poll have stated they are voting differently to how they would normally vote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shrek said:

Can't even manage a twitter account let alone an election campain!  If you click through you'll find the @TheIndGroup name has been leapt on by a brexit supporter!

 

www.changeuk.com is still available for sale.

I can only imagine Go Daddy want some prohibitive figure for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

They should just give up and let established parties with a manifesto campaign - same as The Brexit party should cede to UKIP

To be fair the Tories seem just as bad!  Farage is going to clean up knowing full well he'll never have to deliver any of the promised unicorns!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this were another country where voters likely to vote against the government's plans were mysteriously left off electoral registers then we'd be right in calling them a banana republic.  As it's the UK though, the only reply from the media will be "oh dear, what a pity, never mind".

 

  • Sad 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

They should just give up and let established parties with a manifesto campaign - same as The Brexit party should cede to UKIP

No, they should just find someone who has better skills at managing their social media accounts.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John Drake said:

No, they should just find someone who has better skills at managing their social media accounts.

No point promoting vagueries and half promises - I want to have a choice of parties who actually tell me what they are planning to do in Europe

"Change things" or "spoil things" are not actual  policies

If we are going to have a "de facto referendum" why not just have a referendum - I said months ago why didnt we just tie it into the EU elections and do the whole lot in one visit to the polling booths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...