Batley at home.

spanishknight

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any kind of win will do me. It's that silly time of the year when you get surprising results eg Dewsbury winning at Widnes, Halifax winning at Sheffield. A crucial 2 points and push back up the table before we wind our way to Rochdale.

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Any kind of win will do me. It's that silly time of the year when you get surprising results eg Dewsbury winning at Widnes, Halifax winning at Sheffield. A crucial 2 points and push back up the table before we wind our way to Rochdale.

Was that  whynd or wind

Agree BK.

The football season may be over but the rugby season is in full swing. And there’s a cracker taking place on Sunday at BC between the Knights and the Bulldogs. Let’s get the flyer out to as many people as possible between now and Sunday and spread the word about York City Knights.

Oh, and under 16’s go free, so folks can bring the whole family!

26D8FDD2-E82A-4EAD-86DD-66E6A1F9BC93.jpeg

142320C9-095D-4A4D-A536-46AB412124FE.jpeg

Does anyone know if we got through Saturday unscathed? Matty March didn’t look too good. Would be good to get some of the injured lads back. No news on Tim. Looked like he did his hamstring against Widnes. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

With so many players now getting game time and not looking out of place ,Fordy must be in a position where he now knows he can bring these players in and not make the team any weaker.Will be a tough game against Batley who have been a bit up and down this season,but I think the Knights will win by 8 to 10 points.Crowd 1600 to 1700.

On 01/05/2019 at 09:38, georgeb1 said:

Should be a cracker , the dogs will be smarting after their hammering at home to Leigh last Sunday , knights by 10 , attendance 1700 .

Up the fantastic kneets???

Not a hammering on Sunday, Brierly the difference between the teams, Went home happy with our performance, possibly picked up a couple of injuries + a couple of players suspended but I am looking forward to a very competitive match.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Batch not in 19 for saints this sun , fingers crossed that he features for us again .

I'm a strong believer in players playing in their 'proper' positions. but if Batch is available I'd play him alongside Salter in the centre to stiffen the defence up a bit in that area.

Not sure where we are injury wise, but no Ash Robson, Ben Cockayne and Harry Carter (long term), Tim Spears and Matt Chilton are probably a few weeks away, but Graeme Horne, JJR and Joe Porter are hopefully ready to return. Hopeful that Batch and Jordan Baldwinson will be available too. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

I think we will see a fair bit of rotation over the next two weeks, and nobody will be risked unless 100% fit. League positions suggest we should have too much firepower for the next 2 games, and with 3 very tough fixtures following these, I'm sure Fordy won't be risking anybody.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I'm a strong believer in players playing in their 'proper' positions. but if Batch is available I'd play him alongside Salter in the centre to stiffen the defence up a bit in that area.

Do you mean instead of Bass? He's been our standout performer so far (IMO) this season especially if you consider where he came from. Would be harsh to leave him out and I personally don't think batch has looked any better.

4 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Do you mean instead of Bass? He's been our standout performer so far (IMO) this season especially if you consider where he came from. Would be harsh to leave him out and I personally don't think batch has looked any better.

I agree Bass has had a very good season, but since his injury I think he has looked a little off the pace, and a rest wouldn't do any harm. Anybody who gets left out at the Knights is unlucky, but you can only play 17. Last season nobody would have thought Brad Hey wouldn't be a regular, but he has struggled to make the side this season.

13 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Had a good game last week, im glad Fordys picking the team instead of the so called experts.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I think we will see a fair bit of rotation over the next two weeks, and nobody will be risked unless 100% fit. League positions suggest we should have too much firepower for the next 2 games, and with 3 very tough fixtures following these, I'm sure Fordy won't be risking anybody.

Theres no easy games in this division, this is not league one.

Archived