DR with Leigh

thecrab

We have a small squad and have already lost a couple to injury and recall.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I can half swallow DR with a SL team (very very reluctantly) because we haven't got an earthly of gettin into SL while we haven't got a pot to ###### in.

But DR with a team who are hardly smashin pots in the league above us, were close to goin bump 6 month ago and havent even got a big squad themselves, I give up! 

8 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

So Gareth hock has signed for leigh again and will be out for a month or so but will then need game time, wonder if that means he may appear for us? 

Was just gonna post the same....odds on he'll be gettin game time with us and have absolutely no interest in whether we win or lose or how our important promotion run goes, its bull $##$ 

No point complaining about DR really, part of the modern game I'm afraid. As discussed previously it has never worked for us so far,but look at York's DR with HKR, made a huge difference to them escaping League 1, it might not sit right with a lot of people and I understand that, but if we do get players from Leigh and Nobby accepts them,as long as they give 100% for us and help us try and escape League 1 then I'm ok with that.

Realistically with our budget and squad size we need an option to bolster the ranks at crucial stages,we can't afford a squad of 27-28 of our "own" players and certainly couldn't afford a "Gareth Hock" unless it's on DR. We have lost 4 players out of an already small squad, Nelmes,Grimmer,Kershaw and Jones-Bishop, if DR is the only way we can get players in then so be it.

Will people be complaining if we achieve promotion with a couple of Leigh players in the team? I doubt it.

Will people be complaining if we achieve promotion with a couple of Leigh players in the team? I doubt it.

Hmmmm, if it's a case of we get the same lads week in week out then I would be OK as it's a bit like granddad and Wakefield. 

If it's like Gene Ormsby then no it's a waste of time

I was at the first club 'fans forum' , when our coach was very clear how he felt about dual reg - he was completely against it. And I cannot believe he has changed his mind. So why have we not gone down the loan path again, to bolster the squad while we have unavoidable absences?

2 hours ago, iwilson said:

I was at the first club 'fans forum' , when our coach was very clear how he felt about dual reg - he was completely against it. And I cannot believe he has changed his mind. So why have we not gone down the loan path again, to bolster the squad while we have unavoidable absences?

We have players on loan.  I'm going to guess if we could get a couple more we would do so.  If they are not available, then DR is the last resort.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Now we have lost Johnno for few weeks, Bridgey, Langer's and Maders doubtful for Sunday's game,is this week's fixture a game we should be getting DR in for? Loans I guess probably take a bit longer to organise than DR and are for a min of a month. We are very thin on the ground if all these players are hurt. Use DR to our advantage for once and throw a few Leigh lads in for the 1895 and save our lads for the assault on the league.

Archived