Thurs 30th May : Coral Challenge Cup QF : Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 7:35pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalans Dragons

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Hull FC 51-8 Catalans 8 FT.

Challenge Cup masterclass from Hull FC. 

110% effort for the full 80, high completion, smart use of the ball, ruthless when their chances came. Catalans simply had no answer.

by definition it can only be 100%, are you an US citizen, or summat, does that result make FC a SL team or Catalans a CH team??

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leonard said:

Looking forward to seeing Saints put 80 on Hull at Wembley.

Should be funny.

I suspect Hull will draw the winner of the championship Q/F so Wembley is a distinct possibility.

Cannot see anyone having an easy game against Hull though, in the cup that is.

Hull and Catalans

Both rugby league drag queens. From a distance either can pass as a team, but neither has it where it matters. 

9 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

It must be really frustrating being a Hull F.C. supporter, abslolute utter garbage one week,brilliant the next. Seems to me they do not give a toss about the paying spectators or the coach does not.

We just seem to be of the mindset that the week to week stuff doesn't matter. We know how good we can be, and we back ourselves to perform when we have to. It's very frustrating and as you say borderline disrespectful to the loyal fans who turn up regardless. But ateotd if we finish 4th or 5th and win the double, no one will care about the times when we couldn't be bothered.

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Radford out! ? 

if we steal a CC win it'll be a miracle, the problem is he's clueless to how to get the team motivated/head in the right place and as Carney says that's not the way to a successful team.

I'm still in the Radford out camp because frankly we'd perform like this without him

Just now, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

if we steal a CC win it'll be a miracle, the problem is he's clueless to how to get the team motivated/head in the right place and as Carney says that's not the way to a successful team.

I'm still in the Radford out camp because frankly we'd perform like this without him

School on Monday.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Great performance.  

Micket Paea is really on form and imo MoM.

Paea was great, as was Minichiello. Can't agree about MoM though, Sneyd was everywhere. Even in defence he was very good.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Great performance.  

Micket Paea is really on form and imo MoM.

After some truly shocking early season performances he really has upped his game, but then as we've seen, players playing for contracts can turn it on when they want to. Green had another good game, Bowden is starting to get properly match fit again and Fash had his dander up. I like Fash, I think he's got a great work ethic but too many fans just don't want him in the team.

So what now, get paggered in the next league game and just turn it on for the semi final?

Also, good to see Bowden get more minutes under his belt and look strong. Same with Savelio. Clearly both are still not quite match sharp, but there were good signs from both.

Oh, and what a find Naulago has been. Incredible athlete.

4 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

School on Monday.

Is that all you have boy, children like you can't drum up even a small amount of a reasoned argument can you, you just have to resort to primary school level retorts, I pity you. 

1 hour ago, MZH said:

We just seem to be of the mindset that the week to week stuff doesn't matter. We know how good we can be, and we back ourselves to perform when we have to. It's very frustrating and as you say borderline disrespectful to the loyal fans who turn up regardless. But ateotd if we finish 4th or 5th and win the double, no one will care about the times when we couldn't be bothered.

And ditto Catalan.  They have one speed home and an other one away.   

Clubs seem to be determined to make a laughing stock of the game in every way they can.

9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Hull, a team of Pogbas??

Mind you so are Catalan.

Tbf I aren't sure how much of it is the players and how much it is just the current philosophy of the club.

Radford might say that he doesn't know what to do about consistency and players attitude etc. But if that was really true I can't imagine he would be so honest and relaxed about it. I wonder if that is just a little bit of mind games (get people talking about our lack of consistency and saying who knows which Hull will turn up?) and in reality we know exactly which games we are targeting and which ones we are happy to keep our powder dry.

1 hour ago, Celt said:

They certainly looked incredibly flat.

I basically logged on to post this and ask if perhaps they have been overloaded recently.

They really looked "dans le rouge" running on fumes. If you look at the last 3 (I think) tries, they were coughing up ball, unable to react to dropped balls etc... Basically looked exhausted.

As a club though, they need to look at their off field structures IMO. They are always going to have a massive travel disadvantage, so throw resources at getting recovery, travel and recruitment of players etc etc absolutely on point.

Fair play to Hull, but Catalans hardly fired a shot tonight unfortunately.

I don’t buy the traveling argument. NRL teams do this every week when they play interstate and don’t seem to have a problem. France to England is, what, an hour’s flight? That should really not pose a problem. 

It also said in the commentary that Catalans stayed in England after Magic weekend, so they should have had all week to train together and get plenty of rest. 

There has to be more to it than that

Archived