5 Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The much maligned Mr Agar seems to be the most important difference.Even the Australians,signed by/for Mr Furner,seem delighted to play for him.

Does Mr Elstone NOT attend games involving the club he follows? I thought Super League was going to be much improved and attendances would increase.Struggling on both counts,it seems.

Nah, it's the Carr influence... 

36 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

You don't honestly believe if they had finished bottom they would have gone down do you? If that's affirmative can I intrest you in a nice get rich scheme that just can't fail, you only need to invest £10,000 and I almost guarantee you will probably double your money somtime possibly in the future☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Give me more details ?????

1 hour ago, hullste said:

I know leeds have offloaded Watkins and moved Parcell on but with the signings they have made I wouldn't be surprised if they have deliberately breached the salary cap to avoid relegation just like Wigan did several years ago. 

Not sure why I'm bothering but anyway... since it's now a live cap compared to when Wigan did it (or didn't do it) it's not possible to have a significant and wholesale breach. The worst you'll get are technical breaches like Wigan's most recent which was about interpretation of minutia.

Moreover only someone financially illiterate would look at the ins and outs and go, "yup the ins must be being paid more".

3 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Leeds miles offside at that last ptb, no wonder Cas fans are furious!

Question, why are you commenting Leeds shouldn't you be watching the shambolic Hull FC ?

3 hours ago, Ant said:

I'd absolutely love to see the Giants reffed the same way Leeds are. 

Joker. Last time commentary team mentioned it it was 12 -3 to Cas. The giants had enough help from Hicks last night the first try was a ###### take of the highest order.

3 hours ago, snapski said:

Garbage. Aston could break a paper bag. Peanut and Rankin been awful. Decent side would have put 30 on Leeds with that amount of territory and possession.

You fail to mention the clown that is Greg Eden.

3 hours ago, snapski said:

Oh and being pedantic the lack of forward pass calls have been astounding. Plus a late hit on Watts. Leeds will have to shoot a Cas player to get a sin binning.

Yeah millington got away with loads.

3 hours ago, meast said:

Apart from the fact they're Iosing, why are cas fans booing and abusing the referee again?

Have I missed something or are they just whining for the sake of it?

That's what they do can't help themselves. Don't know why they booing ref he's doing his damdest for them.

we were absolutely awful - had enough pressure to win 4 games last night yet were clueless in attack.

Leeds defended very well in fairness and looked hungrier from the off

Eden? Well what can I say

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

we were absolutely awful - had enough pressure to win 4 games last night yet were clueless in attack.

Leeds defended very well in fairness and looked hungrier from the off

Eden? Well what can I say

Eden, watch "that pass" again Kenny, Blair is definatley backing off to a ball that is losing momentum in its flight path, most ball playing competent sports people have a hand, eye and feet co-ordination and can read where a ball will land without even thinking about it - observe some of the fantastic catches in the Cricket W.C. - If Blair attacked the ball instead of moving away from it he would have taken the pass at pace and been in open ground. After watching it multiple times my conclusion is Blair did think about it and considered self preservation was the better option, or if you wish "chickened out" in observing the approching defender's, he made what could have been a wonder ball look like a disaster pass.

Other than that, agree with the rest of your post. 

PS in commentary Barrie McDermott stopped short of saying "Chickened Out" but he observed it as I did, I think!

8 hours ago, M j M said:

Not sure why I'm bothering but anyway... since it's now a live cap compared to when Wigan did it (or didn't do it) it's not possible to have a significant and wholesale breach. The worst you'll get are technical breaches like Wigan's most recent which was about interpretation of minutia.

Moreover only someone financially illiterate would look at the ins and outs and go, "yup the ins must be being paid more".

Yeah, even with none of us knowing exact contract details, anyone with a clear mind and a braincell can see the ins and outs are evenly matched. Certainly close enough that you'd think a club with a previous impeccable record with the cap would get a bit more credit before being accused of cheating.......

44 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

With this result and the Robins losing and the Broncos will lose today to the Wolves it looks like the relegation battle is now a 2 horse race between the Robins and the Broncos.

too early to say.... KR can beat Leeds next week. Bronocs could do another unexpected Saints type win against Warrington.

You may be right but until Leeds and Huddersfield put a few more wins on the bounce I wouldn't rule them out... nor Wakey or Salford, although I think they are safe but few more poor results and they will be anxious and we know what the mental pressure side can do to players/teams performance.

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Question, why are you commenting Leeds shouldn't you be watching the shambolic Hull FC ?

Because I'm 185 miles away(or 155 if going over the bridge) and couldn't get to this game.

Question, do you know what a forum is? somewhere to discuss the topics at hand, this one was on the box so I watched some of it and passed comment, wake up silly boy.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Eden, watch "that pass" again Kenny, Blair is definatley backing off to a ball that is losing momentum in its flight path, most ball playing competent sports people have a hand, eye and feet co-ordination and can read where a ball will land without even thinking about it - observe some of the fantastic catches in the Cricket W.C. - If Blair attacked the ball instead of moving away from it he would have taken the pass at pace and been in open ground. After watching it multiple times my conclusion is Blair did think about it and considered self preservation was the better option, or if you wish "chickened out" in observing the approching defender's, he made what could have been a wonder ball look like a disaster pass.

Other than that, agree with the rest of your post. 

PS in commentary Barrie McDermott stopped short of saying "Chickened Out" but he observed it as I did, I think!

Yeah fair point BUT you dont do that in your own 20 

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Terrific win for Leeds that. The goal line defence was unrecognisable to what we saw earlier in the year and that is all down to attitude. Looks like the call to change the coach was the right one.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived