Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marklaspalmas

Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Sunday 7th July 2019

Recommended Posts

The matches just get bigger and bigger. I felt a win last week was crucial and we got it after a scare.

Huge game this week that would really solidify our Top 5 credentials. Leigh will be Top 5 too and I fancy them for the 1895 Cup so they are going well.

Scruffy & Ridders back to Post Office road.

And the Fev squad? Holmes is now gone. McLelland this week on DR again would suggest that's our short term solution.

Harrison injured and no sign of Bussey's return. Last week was a vote of no confidence in Teteh and Maskill.

With Carr now officially working at Headingley, will we see more DR options? Is Sutcliffe fit again? He'd be a boost. Golding? I've heard no news.....

Dagger to continue on the wing or switch to FB and Turner at centre?

Lots os questions this week. After having a really settled squad for about 5-6 games, it's broken up slightly again, and we'll have to be on top form to do Leigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

With Carr now officially working at Headingley, will we see more DR options? Is Sutcliffe fit again? He'd be a boost. Golding? I've heard no news.....

Dagger to continue on the wing or switch to FB and Turner at centre?

Lots os questions this week. After having a really settled squad for about 5-6 games, it's broken up slightly again, and we'll have to be on top form to do Leigh.

Golding is in the Leeds squad for Friday's game and looking at that squad it seems likely he'll play.

So Dagger or Turner at FB...presumably we will stick with what happened last week.

Interesting to see if Alex Sutcliffe is fit this week and if so who misses out in the back line if he is selected.

Luke Briscoe isn't in the Leeds squad and he looked back to his best for me last week, I thought he had a really good game.

James Harrison was on commentary duties for the Halifax game and from memory I think he said the issue was his eye and he was seeing a specialist on Wednesday and hoped to be available for this weekend.

We will need to play very well to have a chance here, a month ago I would have fancied us strongly but Leigh have been going very well whereas although we have only lost once recently we have definitely gone off the boil and the loss of Holmes is a significant blow. win and the rewards will be big though...definitely 4th place and maybe 3rd or even 2nd depending on other results.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leigh team possibly not how we suspect it will lineup

Mcnally injured, i dont think ridyard and brierley have played 6 and 7 with each other much this season that woods plays 7 so you would say ridyard to 1

If mcnally plays cant see how you can get all those 4 in the starting 13 in posistions theyve played naturally before 

Edited by elppaxr2i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ny up to date report on the injuries to Wheeldon & King???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Leigh team possibly not how we suspect it will lineup

Mcnally injured, i dont think ridyard and brierley have played 6 and 7 with each other much this season that woods plays 7 so you would say ridyard to 1

If mcnally plays cant see how you can get all those 4 in the starting 13 in posistions theyve played naturally before 

WOW apost that's not talking about Loans and DR  that's not available. That makes a nice change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Leigh team possibly not how we suspect it will lineup

Mcnally injured, i dont think ridyard and brierley have played 6 and 7 with each other much this season that woods plays 7 so you would say ridyard to 1

If mcnally plays cant see how you can get all those 4 in the starting 13 in posistions theyve played naturally before 

McNally reported to have a chance of playing, but Brierley covered there last week - although he too went off injured! Previously, when we've had the three half backs in the team, Ridyard has been full back when defending, and half back when attacking - the poor lad has been very active in those games! For me, Brierley is the best option to cover for McNally, at least in attack.

On Sunday, we should have Douglas and Brooks back, and probably Emmitt - we have been very light in the prop department without those three. We have also been using Simm and Costello, from Saints, in the threequarters and they have been cracking acquisitions.

All in all, it should be a good game, and I am expecting us to be much more lively than during last week's three game spell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brierley is rumoured out after getting injured at Sheffield and forced off. If McNally isn't back we will fall short in that crucial spot. You cant move Riddy and Woods as they are now settled. We need Douglas back to lead the line and hopefully Laithwaite too, not sure if Brooks is still suspended or not but was having a great season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what our line up will be. No Holmes or Golding things are going to be hard un less we find some good replacements. Lots of faces missing through in jury. How do you see the line up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Brierley is rumoured out after getting injured at Sheffield and forced off. If McNally isn't back we will fall short in that crucial spot. You cant move Riddy and Woods as they are now settled. We need Douglas back to lead the line and hopefully Laithwaite too, not sure if Brooks is still suspended or not but was having a great season.

Brierley's injury was a bang on the side of the shin, and not the knee, as originally feared, craiq. Brooks definitely available again, providing the Barrow game counted towards his suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlanE said:

Brierley's injury was a bang on the side of the shin, and not the knee, as originally feared, craiq. Brooks definitely available again, providing the Barrow game counted towards his suspension.

How’s Brooks been doing ? He’s was dire for us and I was surprised Duffy took him to Leigh .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jamescolin said:

It will be interesting to see what our line up will be. No Holmes or Golding things are going to be hard un less we find some good replacements. Lots of faces missing through in jury. How do you see the line up?

No injuries from last week so same 17 this Sunday unless Harrison is ready......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Really? King didn't look too mobile with his ankle strapped up.

  Agree there he was struggling getting to the play the ball area in the second half at Fax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  Agree there he was struggling getting to the play the ball area in the second half at Fax.

Yes, the injury happened in the first half and he played for the full 80 when we had a recognised hooker on the bench, go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we are really going to step it up this weekend or we could be in for a heavy defeat. Leeds seem to be getting a few players back from injury, so hopefully a decent dual reg compliment for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Right ho, don't read the Yorkshire Post so didn't see that. Let's hope he is 100% because we need to be at our best for Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

How’s Brooks been doing ? He’s was dire for us and I was surprised Duffy took him to Leigh .

Really well. Just coming of age in prop years, does good minutes and gets involved. Great mentor in Douglas and now Hock

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

How’s Brooks been doing ? He’s was dire for us and I was surprised Duffy took him to Leigh .

Been performing steadily, doing long spells. Always makes ground. Had a knack of upsetting the Disciplinary recently though - so please don't wind him up!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Really well. Just coming of age in prop years, does good minutes and gets involved. Great mentor in Douglas and now Hock

 

He barely broke wind never mind a tackle for us last season. Still, good to see him progressing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More about Leigh side than ours. Any up to date news on injuries and who is available on DR and loan? It will be interesting to see who is in what position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

More about Leigh side than ours. Any up to date news on injuries and who is available on DR and loan? It will be interesting to see who is in what position.

The squad will be announced tomorrow. Until then it is all rumour and conjecture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...