Jump to content
Davecord

Swinton Away

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RSN said:

Totally agree for next season about building from local players it has to be the decision. The way I read it people are saying that if we had a team of local players the results would have been much different but I disagree I think the difference between league 1 and championship is the biggest gap its been in years. 

I use the half backs as the example in looking at the quality. 

Dewsbury - Paul Sykes and Liam Finn

Sheffield - Anthony Thackery 

Batley - Dominic Brambani 

Leigh - Martin Ridyard 

Fev - Dave Chisolm 

York - Ben Cockayne 

Toulouse - Jonathan Ford 

Toronto - Josh McCrone 

Frightening mix of experience and quality. 

I would include Ryan Brierley at Leigh/Toronto and Stan Robin at Toulouse in that list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RSN said:

Totally agree for next season about building from local players it has to be the decision. The way I read it people are saying that if we had a team of local players the results would have been much different but I disagree I think the difference between league 1 and championship is the biggest gap its been in years. 

I use the half backs as the example in looking at the quality. 

Dewsbury - Paul Sykes and Liam Finn

Sheffield - Anthony Thackery 

Batley - Dominic Brambani 

Leigh - Martin Ridyard 

Fev - Dave Chisolm 

York - Ben Cockayne 

Toulouse - Jonathan Ford 

Toronto - Josh McCrone 

Frightening mix of experience and quality. 

Ben Cockayne only played a few games at start of season and has retired, Connor Robinson is our halfback, league one player of the season last year and doing great this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fair comments yet some pathetic ones, once again

It's clear to see that one thing the club lacks is Unity

Must be the only club , then when in a relegation battle, have "fans" that manage to pin blame on a director on commentary

Off the field, the club is in one of the best positions it's been in for a long long time, yet certain people still find away of pinning blame on the board, or certain members of it. 

I'd love to see these "fans" put their name forward to our chairman and help the club in moving forward, see if they could do a better job than Pete Murphy, or any director, staff and even commentator for that matter

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OSBaller said:

Some fair comments yet some pathetic ones, once again

It's clear to see that one thing the club lacks is Unity

Must be the only club , then when in a relegation battle, have "fans" that manage to pin blame on a director on commentary

Off the field, the club is in one of the best positions it's been in for a long long time, yet certain people still find away of pinning blame on the board, or certain members of it. 

I'd love to see these "fans" put their name forward to our chairman and help the club in moving forward, see if they could do a better job than Pete Murphy, or any director, staff and even commentator for that matter

 

We're trying to attract sponsors and murph laughing and having a joke about going down doesn't really entice people

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think next year (conceding relegation) has got to be the year where Johnson and Carter get a permanent 6 and 7 spot. That along with the likes of Adam ford and co we can build a competitive side again. Just a shame as we are going to lose so many players. Walker/stack are apparently off to haven and tee is going back to town. PNG lads won’t be staying and your likes of Aspinwall/hulme/smith may retire with their injury issues. So there’s many places to fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2019 at 20:24, Sportacus! said:

 

Wholeheartedly agree to get rid of Murph, especially following his comments on the radio - appalling behaviour from a club director! Where is the professionalism?! 

Oh dear Sir Murph, won't be happy about that, and you cant blame me this time. Bet he is dying to bite to all these! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the upside with Haven going up , your only Derby will be against the Town . Always enjoy our games against Barrow and neither of us will have to play at the Rec , so some small comfort .......heard Paul Crarey on the radio going home in the car Sunday , and he was complaining of a few dodgy calls for Barrow , a couple of crucial tries chalked off in 2 big games lately , any truth ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

On the upside with Haven going up , your only Derby will be against the Town . Always enjoy our games against Barrow and neither of us will have to play at the Rec , so some small comfort .......heard Paul Crarey on the radio going home in the car Sunday , and he was complaining of a few dodgy calls for Barrow , a couple of crucial tries chalked off in 2 big games lately , any truth ? 

One on Sunday was a try disallowed for an offside given by a touch judge 70 metres away when neither the referee or near side touch judge deemed anything wrong with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OSBaller said:

Some fair comments yet some pathetic ones, once again

It's clear to see that one thing the club lacks is Unity

Must be the only club , then when in a relegation battle, have "fans" that manage to pin blame on a director on commentary

Off the field, the club is in one of the best positions it's been in for a long long time, yet certain people still find away of pinning blame on the board, or certain members of it. 

I'd love to see these "fans" put their name forward to our chairman and help the club in moving forward, see if they could do a better job than Pete Murphy, or any director, staff and even commentator for that matter

 

Dan, you don't have to defend me, but thanks for your support.

Ive been back through the audio and I can't find any 'appalling' or 'unprofessional' jokes I make about about relegation. Being honest Im devastated we're in this position, we fight on tho. But that lack of evidence wont stop the forum clowns from having another pop at me. I think Rooster missed a trick this time, disappoints me he wasn't listening to me. He was stalking me for a bit im sure.

Not been on the forum for months, shame I had to come back on to defend myself against something that didn't happen. This forum is a dinosaur and toxic, because of the anonymity of the posters, imbeciles can say whatever they want, without having to back it up.

Anyway the positive stuff.....For the record, our commercial department is thriving with the relentless graft of Adele Neale. We're having no problems attracting sponsors. Take a look at the gigantic roof boards, grandstand sponsor, Barrow Eats outside the ground, stadium sponsors etc etc etc Again evidence is all there.

Sponsorship and commercial is UP this year. Repeat business and importantly NEW BUSINESS is UP. Events are UP. Community is over achieving both in money in and reach, schools are clambering to get Siona and the PNG guys at their school. This is allllllllll very very good news.

We're struggling to find form and wins, relegation is real prospect. This is bad news. But we fight on.

AGM is coming round again, hope to see you all there, come and say Hi and put forward your ideas for improving the club. At the AGM you will get to ask questions and have your say about things pertaining to the club. 

Guess i'll be back on here in another few months, till then KEEP IT CLASSY BARROW.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pete Murphy

 

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit, Pete, I haven't seen any joking about the relegation problem and I read all messages on here. Sorry I guess it must have been on the radio and I didn't hear anything.

On another subject Josh Jphnson seems to have played very well in his first game for Salford and he scored a try. Apparently he has a number of other SL clubs interested in him. Joe Bullock and Chris Hankinson are regular choices for Wigan so the coaches must be doing something right. Mind you it's a shame that Joe is sidelined due to injury.

Edited by Michael Ashton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steve75 said:

One on Sunday was a try disallowed for an offside given by a touch judge 70 metres away when neither the referee or near side touch judge deemed anything wrong with it!

He was at the other end of the pitch? Why?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Ben Cockayne only played a few games at start of season and has retired, Connor Robinson is our halfback, league one player of the season last year and doing great this year.

Apoogies just going off the thumping you gave us at your spot in which he had a good game. Unsure if Robinson was the other half back but both halve backs cut us open many times that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RSN said:

Apoogies just going off the thumping you gave us at your spot in which he had a good game. Unsure if Robinson was the other half back but both halve backs cut us open many times that game. 

Ben got injured and he needs an op, so he called it a day, Liam Harris joined us on loan till end of season from Hull F.C, he played for us 2 years ago, good young talent both Connor and Liam.

Edited by spanishknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steve75 said:

No the other side!

That's a big pitch - I assume that the player in question was running along the touchline.

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, scrumhalf said:

onside

Definitely, trouble is Ritson too fast, but once the ball bounced there were three raiders players who could have scored. vital decision against us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...