Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sweaty craiq

Leigh sign Higson, Clarke and Sau for SL assault

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

How you spend your weekends is no business of mine. 

Are you sure about that little Bobby..lol....

49 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Deflection much?

What is your opinion on the way he treated the players at the end of last season?

Not good, it was okay for Ben Crooks, Craig Hall, Peter Maututia, Boden & Jordan Thompson who all found a new club within days, for the rest it was terrible. It was definitely a very embarrassing time to be a Leigh fan. Hope nothing like it EVER happens again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

New money and fantastic fans/sponsors. Sexy Dexy will be all in next season when we are in SL

All in always works out well

58 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

All in always works out well

Amazing how they are all willing to return, don't you think!

I was waiting for this thread to pop up and the usual responses have already been thrown out. Nothing wrong with leigh signing players,it's a sport after all,but my personal opinion is that this is a waste of the money we allegedly don't have. Our aim should be top 5,granted,let twp get promoted, they deserve it God only knows,once they are out of the way, then reassess our sl ambitions and see what capital is available for a sustainable promotion bid

• Like 3

Nobody has said Leigh shouldnt sign players or even quality players. But the way the Leigh club treated players like Kevin Larroyer and a couple of others was nothing short of a disgrace last year. The Leigh Centurions were under a signing ban as well for a while under the current people until they sorted the dispute with Larroyer and another then player out.

A person like Derek Beaumont has no morals and is not somebody many people would be proud of to have involved in their club. Maybe he should have been banned from the game for a period after last year. Its angers people Leigh/Beaumont cried wolf and forced people in to a stressful time to try and find other clubs and that Leigh risked going under etc and now 12 Months down the line are throwing money around like Confetti to try and get into SL.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Nobody has said Leigh shouldnt sign players or even quality players. But the way the Leigh club treated players like Kevin Larroyer and a couple of others was nothing short of a disgrace last year. The Leigh Centurions were under a signing ban as well for a while under the current people until they sorted the dispute with Larroyer and another then player out.

A person like Derek Beaumont has no morals and is not somebody many people would be proud of to have involved in their club. Maybe he should have been banned from the game for a period after last year. Its angers people Leigh/Beaumont cried wolf and forced people in to a stressful time to try and find other clubs and that Leigh risked going under etc and now 12 Months down the line are throwing money around like Confetti to try and get into SL.

If DB hadn't 'forced' players to find other clubs, they (the players) would be alot worse off than they are now and there would be no club.  Can't comment on Larroyer, would love to comment on Evans but won't.  No administration, no 12 point penalty ..... anyone like to comment on Widnes instead.  The lack of fact based posts on here is laughable,.... still it has done wonders for the makers of blood pressure medication. 😁

Here we go again .....

49 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I was waiting for this thread to pop up and the usual responses have already been thrown out. Nothing wrong with leigh signing players,it's a sport after all,but my personal opinion is that this is a waste of the money we allegedly don't have. Our aim should be top 5,granted,let twp get promoted, they deserve it God only knows,once they are out of the way, then reassess our sl ambitions and see what capital is available for a sustainable promotion bid

Agree with this. Building a stronger foundation will, IMO, serve them better.  Last minute buys for an assault on SL and then what?  If it’s successful then it will need to be another buying spree as the Leigh squad depth is thin.

It seems like a plan on hope.

Apparently the cash in bank as a result of fan and sponsor support is such that despite the recent run of away fixtures the war chest is full and to expect a marquee signing or two still to come, after all we have huge quota space

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Agree with this. Building a stronger foundation will, IMO, serve them better.  Last minute buys for an assault on SL and then what?  If it’s successful then it will need to be another buying spree as the Leigh squad depth is thin.

It seems like a plan on hope.

I imagine you have been involved in RL long enough to know the rules LD, apart from the number of clubs you could comfortably count on one hand, that being those who have enough of the Spondulicks to formulate any form of cohesive financial stratergy for success, if you want proof look at 21 years of SL Grand finals and observe just 4 winners, even Warrington with all their resources have not acheived the Holy Grail, all the rest employ " A plan on hope".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I imagine you have been involved in RL long enough to know the rules LD, apart from the number of clubs you could comfortably count on one hand, that being those who have enough of the Spondulicks to formulate any form of cohesive financial stratergy for success, if you want proof look at 21 years of SL Grand finals and observe just 4 winners, even Warrington with all their resources have not acheived the Holy Grail, all the rest employ " A plan on hope".

I think that’s fair enough Harry, maybe harsh on my part but given how it seemed to fall apart for a short period last year end, they would do well to plan for next year and forget this one.  The conundrum will be if they’re successful in the attempt, then what next?

The only difference I see inTWP is that they have patience.  IMO it ain’t done yet.

Lets see how the patience fares if they don't get up to SL this time. Granted it was a five year plan but two successive failures in the playoffs would not go down well.

The goings on at the end of last season have been done to death. Fact is DB found himself in a position where he couldn't personally afford to plug the shortfall in funding after failing to make the top 4, and dealt with it in the way he felt best. Some disagreed with it, some understood it, nobody particularly liked it. 

But the club continues, and still need to make signings. I'd suggest the 2020 playing budget will be roughly half of what the ultimately unsustainable 2018 budget was. We've signed two players on 1 and a bit year deals, plus one till the end of the season, which is to replace a retired player. DB will be putting some money in, but nothing like the levels of previous years.

As for SL push, not a chance this year. Toronto will be playing Toulouse or Featherstone in the final imo.

I'm not sure some of the criticism is warranted. Maybe DB has learned his lesson and is only spending money that the club can afford. 

If he ever ends up in the same place again, doing the same things, then he should absolutely be railroaded. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ojx said:

Where did this money come from? Beaumont was begging players to give up their contracts this time last year.

Worse than that he was publicly calling them out, in an attempt to bully them into walking away from contracts they held, those players had mortgages to pay and families to feed, they were going to send Leigh bust according to Beaumont if they didn’t rip up their contracts.

Now it’s the business end of the season Leigh have the money for new signings, disgraceful behaviour.

There should be no new signings allowed after June IMO.

Edited by Sir Kevin Sinfield
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Worse than that he was publicly calling them out, in an attempt to bully them into walking away from contracts they held, those players had mortgages to pay and families to feed, they were going to send Leigh bust according to Beaumont if they didn’t rip up their contracts.

Now it’s the business end of the season Leigh have the money for new signings, disgraceful behaviour.

I look forward to your posts, always make me smile as I mull over the question of great wind up or pure stupidity - keep up the good work

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure some of the criticism is warranted. Maybe DB has learned his lesson and is only spending money that the club can afford. 

If he ever ends up in the same place again, doing the same things, then he should absolutely be railroaded. 

Railroaded? In Leigh?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

The goings on at the end of last season have been done to death. Fact is DB found himself in a position where he couldn't personally afford to plug the shortfall in funding after failing to make the top 4, and dealt with it in the way he felt best. Some disagreed with it, some understood it, nobody particularly liked it. 

But the club continues, and still need to make signings. I'd suggest the 2020 playing budget will be roughly half of what the ultimately unsustainable 2018 budget was. We've signed two players on 1 and a bit year deals, plus one till the end of the season, which is to replace a retired player. DB will be putting some money in, but nothing like the levels of previous years.

As for SL push, not a chance this year. Toronto will be playing Toulouse or Featherstone in the final imo.

We are recruiting now for 2020, instead of end of season panic, its just that TW look old in the pack and very beatable now they are doing some travelling - Dexy sniffs opportunity I feel

Imagine if this strategy works and Leigh get promoted, with TWP losing out, and London are relegated. 

🙄 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

To be fair sir kevin,derek could solve 3rd world problems and you would still find reason for outrage

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Imagine if this strategy works and Leigh get promoted, with TWP losing out, and London are relegated. 

🙄 

Toronto Wolfpack will play someone in the Grand Final, that team will have a chance of winning as London showed last year. It would be an absolute injustice If that was Leigh with their last minute signings or Featherstone with half a team of Leeds players. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Toronto Wolfpack will play someone in the Grand Final, that team will have a chance of winning as London showed last year. It would be an absolute injustice If that was Leigh with their last minute signings or Featherstone with half a team of Leeds players. 

so half of a seventeen man squad means FEV have  at least 8 whinos playing  for them interesting

so leigh or fev shouldn't play in the final against twp? well neither should York based on the fact you could get a decent scrabble score off their name,that leaves tolouse,so there was no point in any other teams playing this season,arise sir kev!

29 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

imagine if its leigh v fev in the final and leeds get relegated