1895 sheffield

Just been on Eagles website . Eagles tickets allocation is in block 118 all priced at £50 no cheaper option . Yet Widnes have several ticket prices . I know Eagles are much smaller club but surely they should have been given two sections a cheaper one as well as the one they have . People who might want to go as a one off who really don't follow RL are going to be put off by that price .   

Chief Crazy Eagle

How many fans do you reckon Sheffield will take to Wembley? I had a look on the Star website earlier and was surprised to see a couple of Eagles articles within the main sports headlines (after loads of banal stuff about Utd and Wednesday obviously) - good to see. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

How many fans do you reckon Sheffield will take to Wembley? I had a look on the Star website earlier and was surprised to see a couple of Eagles articles within the main sports headlines (after loads of banal stuff about Utd and Wednesday obviously) - good to see. 

We wont take many granted but the club should have been given small sections in each cat so fans have option . I am looking at going in £30 option buying direct but that means the Eagles don't get the 25% of the ticket price .   

Chief Crazy Eagle

25 minutes ago, superten said:

yes blocks 117 and 116 both at 50 pound as well . Eagles selling block 118 first

There is also 3 blocks above those , in the club wembley seats.

its a bit daft.. I bought my tickets a while back from me and my lad.. as we wanted to go no matter who is there (Warrington and Eagles on the same day at Wembley.. Doesn't get much better than that for us!).. cost us £35 for both of us as he was free (our league offer i think) and I get a student price (until november).. I know you should get it cheaper buying earlier and we bought before we knew who was in the final but equally £50 does seem expensive to get people there at this stage and to not have a cheaper option.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

£50 for one finals is not expensive.  RL fans need to get out of this cheap mentality or we'll never prosper

There's a perception thing. £50 is not expensive for the Challenge Cup final (IMO) and certainly not for a finals double header. However, if I only wanted to see just the 1895 Cup Final then £50 suddenly seems very steep indeed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

There's a perception thing. £50 is not expensive for the Challenge Cup final (IMO) and certainly not for a finals double header. However, if I only wanted to see just the 1895 Cup Final then £50 suddenly seems very steep indeed.

Whatever the occasion, to see your own team play at Wembley must surely be worth £50.   If it was £50 to watch a final at say Headingly, Blackpool or Wigan I'd probably agree with you.

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

£50 for one final (Let alone two) is not expensive.  RL fans need to get out of this cheap mentality or we'll never prosper

I'm not sure that is true.

£50 is not an insignificant amount of money. A quick scan at both the English RU equivalent and the Pro14 equivalent shows that they both have tickets starting at £30 and £35 for adults, with cheap junior tickets, so our pricing isn't cheap (although there are some £20 tickets). And it can't be ignored that the four clubs in the finals are some distance from Wembley.

But the real challenge here is that the Eagles haven't been given the range of pricing options that the three other clubs have.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure that is true.

£50 is not an insignificant amount of money. A quick scan at both the English RU equivalent and the Pro14 equivalent shows that they both have tickets starting at £30 and £35 for adults, with cheap junior tickets, so our pricing isn't cheap (although there are some £20 tickets). And it can't be ignored that the four clubs in the finals are some distance from Wembley.

But the real challenge here is that the Eagles haven't been given the range of pricing options that the three other clubs have.

agree.. I was prepared to pay £70 ish to for me and my 11 year old to go to the challenge cup final.. its an experience and one I want him to be able to experience and he is very excited.. I didnt know there was a "kids go free" offer on when i booked but that is great.. and i will no doubt spend the remaining £40 on flags and beer and dirty burgers now that we have 2 matches to watch and have a team to support in.. 

No issue with £50 but I do if its the only option to people who now have a reason to be there especially if they are trying to rebuild the "must see event no matter your team" that it used to be, to encourage that they need to get people in who enjoy it and think "i'll book for next year no matter what" as we did.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

£50 for one final (Let alone two) is not expensive.  RL fans need to get out of this cheap mentality or we'll never prosper

That is fair comment.  If clubs had charged more earlier, then you never know clubs might have invested more in facilities.  Hmmmm...

One issue is that by hosting it in London it artificially raises the price, but not to the benefit of the wider game.

A stadium along the M62 for a £50 ticket + £15 travel is far more attractive than a £40 ticket + £40 travel. And in the first case the game actually gets more money, rather than the train companies.

12 hours ago, Chamey said:

One issue is that by hosting it in London it artificially raises the price, but not to the benefit of the wider game.

A stadium along the M62 for a £50 ticket + £15 travel is far more attractive than a £40 ticket + £40 travel. And in the first case the game actually gets more money, rather than the train companies.

If this year doesn’t get 75,000+ it is very hard to justify keeping the final at Wembley 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If this year doesn’t get 75,000+ it is very hard to justify keeping the final at Wembley 

Beyond the signed agreement to keep the final at Wembley.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Rubbish. 

Its hard to justify the RFL if they can’t advertise and market the backside out of a game between the two best sides in the northern hemisphere to a point where the crowd is 70k+. A spoiler for you, they won’t  do so. 

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Beyond the signed agreement to keep the final at Wembley.

When does the current agreement to use Wembley run to?

St James Park Newcastle would be a fraction of the price of hiring Wembley. I’m sure the local authority would be keen to back taking the Cup Final to the North East, now they have lost Magic Weekend. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Nothing wrong with planning well in advance. Get Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester and others bidding for a 5 or 10 year agreement to host the final from then. 

Well advance? Yer not kidding ? 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

St James Park Newcastle would be a fraction of the price of hiring Wembley. I’m sure the local authority would be keen to back taking the Cup Final to the North East, now they have lost Magic Weekend. 

What are the cost differences for hiring Wembley and St James’s Park.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Archived