Fri 6th Sept : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v London Broncos KO 7:45pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • London Broncos

2 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Another game that Rovers fans will look back on as one that was lost when it should have been won. Drinkwater should have been hauled off in the first half as he was useless and then in the second half Tomkins became more interested in his personal battles. 

Have to agree. There have been plenty of games this year where I have seen Hull KR and wondered how on earth they were in relegation danger. Good attacking play, good experience, decent togetherness.

Last night they got into a winning position and then, for some reason, seemed to favour settling a few personal scores over finishing the job.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

No, it's wasted on people like you calling rugby players cheats/chuckers without actually using those words, you've got a big mouth and yet when called out for it you're just like the rest, slink back into the shadows saying you've done nothing wrong.

get lost loser.

He did all he could at the end not to try and score, it was evident to see if I was his team mates, he'd be getting a hiding

Apparently all games going to Friday!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

26 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

He did all he could at the end not to try and score, it was evident to see if I was his team mates, he'd be getting a hiding

Not read all the thread so I assume you are talking about Abdull? I must say for a player of his undoubted influence he can have on a game he took a couple of strange decisions late on, it was also very noticable that the very first words from Danny Ward in his post match interview was along the lines of "what a player Jordan Abdull is" it seemed to me that Ward was deflecting any questions with that statement before they were asked, but I must say untill those latter stages and the 'unusual' decisions he took Abdull had a great game, if KR do go down he is the man who will bring them straight back up.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not read all the thread so I assume you are talking about Abdull? I must say for a player of his undoubted influence he can have on a game he took a couple of strange decisions late on, it was also very noticable that the very first words from Danny Ward in his post match interview was along the lines of "what a player Jordan Abdull is" it seemed to me that Ward was deflecting any questions with that statement before they were asked, but I must say untill those latter stages and the 'unusual' decisions he took Abdull had a great game, if KR do go down he is the man who will bring them straight back up.

Didn't have the chance to hear Ward's words but I have to agree with you G, for such a talented ball player, Abdull certainly loooked like he was clueless in how to construct an attack in the last few minutes.

Anybody would think he was playing for my lot.

Am I correct in thinking he played no part in ex Hull FC favourite Jay Pitts' try that won the game?

Edit : On your point about Abdull being the man to bring Rovers back up if they go down, I wouldn't be so sure he'll join them if they're relegated. Is it official yet?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I couldn't agree more pal, and that's what I was eluding too. It can't be a nice position for him to be in!! 

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Didn't have the chance to hear Ward's words but I have to agree with you G, for such a talented ball player, Abdull certainly loooked like he was clueless in how to construct an attack in the last few minutes.

Anybody would think he was playing for my lot.

Am I correct in thinking he played no part in ex Hull FC favourite Jay Pitts' try that won the game?

A couple of play before he was running towards the sidelines just bumping players off instead of passing or straightening up him self and going forward 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

No. That was a brilliant end-to-end set and Abdull certainly played his part

Thanks but I meant the last tackle play leading up to London scoring.

10 wins in a season.

Wow.

The rest of the teams at the bottom should take a long hard look - given the money they have spent, the constant buying and selling and loaning of players.

London might be a new model rather than wasting thousands every season.

For example, what have Giants two big NRL signings contributed and what have they cost the game?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Yes he did, but he chose to come back inside assisted by poor KR defence instead of utilising what seemed to be a left wing overlap which looked to be the better option.

I’d have to look again but I suspect Abdull would have sensed that KR’s right-edge defence would have squeezed out the space on the left that far from tryline so he went inside and kept the ball alive with an offload.

It was all a bit unorthodox but that’s the Broncos for you.

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not sure why there’s such a downer on Jordan Abdull. He’s London’s MVP.  As important to the Broncos as, say, Jackson Hastings is to Salford 

Of course he is and deservedly so, I think he is one of the better influencial English No 6's we have, he could in my opinion quite easily replace the incumbant 6's at some of the top clubs and have a better influence on their teams. 

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

10 wins in a season.

Wow.

The rest of the teams at the bottom should take a long hard look - given the money they have spent, the constant buying and selling and loaning of players.

London might be a new model rather than wasting thousands every season.

For example, what have Giants two big NRL signings contributed and what have they cost the game?

They have cost the Giants a lot of money I should think, and may cost them more yet if they are relegated, as I have stated many times we do get a lot of dross coming over from the Southern Hemisphere, I would say for every good un we have 3 bad un's.

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not sure why there’s such a downer on Jordan Abdull. He’s London’s MVP.  As important to the Broncos as, say, Jackson Hastings is to Salford 

I'm not trying to have a "downer" on Abdull, I absolutely agree with you, he's been great for the Broncos this season.

But it's widely thought that he's given his word on a contract playing for Hull KR next year, a contract that will surely be in doubt if Rovers are relegated and have to cut their cloth accordingly. Abdull's a Hull lad and it would be perfect for him if he had a SL contract and was also able to be back full time in Hull where I presume his family are.

Last night, that must have played at least a little on his mind, he's only human and the situation was far from ideal as far as him personally was concerned.

Whether or not he has indicated to the Broncos he may not be there next year I have no idea, I feel for him tbh, it must be difficult.

14 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

Gonna do a Likely lads and avoid the score until tommorow and then watch it when I get home from work with a couple of drinks! Come on London!!!!!

How apt you're attempting to do this on the day England play Bulgaria.

I wonder what the odds are on that game being postponed!

* This post contains Likely Lads spoilers.

3 minutes ago, Auntie Linzi Morris said:

How apt you're attempting to do this on the day England play Bulgaria.

I wonder what the odds are on that game being postponed!

* This post contains Likely Lads spoilers.

"England F..." ?

One of my favourite ever bits of classic British comedy, especially when they drive down the one way street where the one legged newspaper seller is.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I've just read the rest of his post. Some of it is just nonsense. Teams do not go out to win by as many points as they can. That's just false. They only do that if they need to. If you have to defend a lead, you don't always press for more points.

In fact, it's a double edged sword, because they might know that don't need to win by so many points so can just play conservatively to not concede further points, which is unfair because the other side wouldn't have had that knowledge of strategy.

It's wrong on so many levels.

The psychology part is the most laughable though. It assumes every professional sportsman has the ability to manage anxiety levels perfectly. Zero effect requires perfection. That just isn't true. Anxiety causes tonnes of stupid sporting decisions and affects tonnes of skills through unforced errors.

I got halfway through his post and had to stop, it was just complete nonsense and pretty much the exact opposite of what every pro sportsman will tell you. It's always amusing when someone dramatically fails trying desperately to show how incredibly intelligent they are..... 

12 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I have spent a painful journey from north Devon to Mansfield.  Parts of m5 and m42 agonising.  Travelling any distance on Friday pm is abysmal. Journey continuing tomorrow. 

Of course by then 4 teams may be on 20 points. 

And they are!!

Archived