Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Townster1

2020 Signings

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I don’t no because I’m not a scout and don’t go round the games but personally think it’s something to be looking at 

Surely your having a wind up pal. 

Elliott Miller is the best all round player we have. 

He deserves the opportunity to regain his place as first on the sheet, he's come back from major injury before when he hurt his back. 

He'll do it again. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I don’t think we’re getting everything that’s there . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Miller is a candidate for captain for me next year 

Great player but you probably need someone with a cooler head as skipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I don’t think we’re getting everything that’s there . 

By a long way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Yea I’m not disputing that Elliot is a great player and possibly the best centre in the league but if he was to get injured again next season we are back to square 1 so my opinion would be to get a fresh pair off legs in 

Hmmm strange view for a  "Workington Town" fan to have. eh "marra" 🙈

Edited by town4me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, town2018 said:

I understand that but I personally think we could get someone off similar player who isn’t coming back from a season out 

Like who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gillmeister said:

He shouldn’t have played yesterday but held his hand up if indeed it is Hopkins you’re referring too 

No sorry it was Walsh I was referring to. Really hoped he might improve as the season went on but some of his attempts to tackle are just laughable and it seems hopeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I don’t think we’re getting everything that’s there . 

Let's not forget, Doran was at Wigan where they would of instilled this into him! He should know by now what it takes especially being Captain! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, town2018 said:

Why would you want to keep a player who has been injured for that past season it’s showed that with fieldhouse and Litherland this year 

So you can guarantee this new player to replace miller will stay fit for the season, I would get yourself a lottery ticket as well while your at it marra

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

So you can guarantee this new player to replace miller will stay fit for the season, I would get yourself a lottery ticket as well while your at it marra

No but all I’m saying let’s try something new there’s young locals out there who could make the step up yous are all wanting out this league but happy to keep best part off the team that have been in this league for how long now that’s my point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But cutting Elliot isn’t gonna improve you , only give you even less strike than we have . A fit Elliot , let’s be honest , is a big majority of it . Of all the players you could argue about losing to move forward I’d have him right at  the back of the queue . We’re at the basement level , you’ll simply get no one better than him . He’s one of the few who’s better than this and losing guys like him kicked away the ladder up which we trying to progress . Give him a chance to bounce back (again ) , there is literally zero logic in losing your few prize assets . Adding to them is the key 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

But cutting Elliot isn’t gonna improve you , only give you even less strike than we have . A fit Elliot , let’s be honest , is a big majority of it . Of all the players you could argue about losing to move forward I’d have him right at  the back of the queue . We’re at the basement level , you’ll simply get no one better than him . He’s one of the few who’s better than this and losing guys like him kicked away the ladder up which we trying to progress . Give him a chance to bounce back (again ) , there is literally zero logic in losing your few prize assets . Adding to them is the key 

Hopefully someone has been keeping a eye out over the local teams throughout the season, not sure if the club actually has any scouts, and only a few carl games left for the season and WBH final NCL game in the play offs is this Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a joke at first but he must be being serious. Elliot is one of the handful we have who are already championship level. To say youd let him go is laughable. 

Just because you have a season ending injury doesnt mean you cant come back even better. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

But cutting Elliot isn’t gonna improve you , only give you even less strike than we have . A fit Elliot , let’s be honest , is a big majority of it . Of all the players you could argue about losing to move forward I’d have him right at  the back of the queue . We’re at the basement level , you’ll simply get no one better than him . He’s one of the few who’s better than this and losing guys like him kicked away the ladder up which we trying to progress . Give him a chance to bounce back (again ) , there is literally zero logic in losing your few prize assets . Adding to them is the key 

A fit Elliot I would keep everyday off the week but just think it’s bigger risk keeping knowing his past injuries than signing some1 young n fresh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , we’ll have to agree to disagree . Personally I can’t even  believe we’re having this discussion . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Thurston had two shoulder reconstructions in 2007 . I bet the Cowboys were glad they resisted the urge to get shot of him , and seen if he could actually miraculously get better and play again 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ok , we’ll have to agree to disagree . Personally I can’t even  believe we’re having this discussion . 

I hope he stays and proves me wrong because a fit Elliot is a great asset to any league 1 or championship club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JMB said:

Hopefully someone has been keeping a eye out over the local teams throughout the season, not sure if the club actually has any scouts, and only a few carl games left for the season and WBH final NCL game in the play offs is this Saturday.

Was a good game on Saturday Distington v elbra there's a few Distington lads town have missed out on over the years would walk in that team this year but most are wrong side of 30 now and not interested there's a few young elbra lads look like handfuls is anyone watching them. Think they only watch Barrow teams

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Drop the dead Donkey
10 hours ago, Brookie said:

Just been on the Barrow forum, and according to hate the rec Perry Singleton could be going to them. No mention on here

Signed for Town  two years 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Elliot will be a breath of fresh air when he returns, and hungry to get back on the pitch,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Town5 said:

Was a good game on Saturday Distington v elbra there's a few Distington lads town have missed out on over the years would walk in that team this year but most are wrong side of 30 now and not interested there's a few young elbra lads look like handfuls is anyone watching them. Think they only watch Barrow teams

Missed out on, or won't have a go? 

Big difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Missed out on, or won't have a go? 

Big difference 

Yeah missed out on a few year back why would they bother now. they maybe have one or two seasons left playing so why try it now when they are winning leagues and enjoying there rugby with there mates. Would you change that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...