Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wonder if the Barrow relegation/haven promotion will have a bearing on recruitment? 

I would like to see us attract and keep some top amateurs, WBH, Kells and Egremont are all playing at the highest levels - all must have some excellent players, suppose its the usual argument of whether they want to step up and make the commitment - however every other week they are travelling away to Lancs/Yorks and by all accounts all 3 clubs are ran like pro clubs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t actually believe some of the comments on here. We have got, potentially, the best coach we have had since Walshy. However that was arrived at I’m not really bothered, he has committed to a full

He should have hung around for a year then 

MODERATOR: I have listened to members of their distrust of brad hepi's heed, and,Their has been plenty of you that have not liked him pretending to be a Town supporter, for that reason i have decided

Posted Images

Barrow resigning the 2 png fellas and dallimore are gonna be favourites for league 1 already imo.

One of the west cumbrians has given barrow word he is going to haven. One or 2 others will be seeing what deals best for them for all 3 clubs, money means more then promotion to some guys but you cant blame them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, havenhater said:

Barrow resigning the 2 png fellas and dallimore are gonna be favourites for league 1 already imo.

One of the west cumbrians has given barrow word he is going to haven. One or 2 others will be seeing what deals best for them for all 3 clubs, money means more then promotion to some guys but you cant blame them.

Think the west Cumbrian player in question is asking silly money to move to Haven, not sure if that deal will go through or not now.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JMB said:

Think the west Cumbrian player in question is asking silly money to move to Haven, not sure if that deal will go through or not now.

Was interesting hearing during a post match interview on the radio on sunday about agents etc and championship players in genral  over pricing themselves. 

Edited by town4me
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, town4me said:

Was interesting to hearing during a post match interview on the radio on sunday about agents etc and championship players in genral  over pricing themselves. 

Cresta always tells it like it is. Just wish he wasn't so focused on Barrow ,I think he could do a great job at Town. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately we come back to the same old problem , players who work at Sellafield are on good money , they can play for their Amateur side at the week end when it suits them , and have a night out at the end of it .Gone are the days when playing semi pro Rugby was a big addition to the weekly wage .These players will want decent money to turn pro to reflect their commitment . It is far easier just to take BNFLs pay packet and play Amateur RL .In other words " make it worth it for me ".That same phrase is probably heard when we try to sign a player who needs to travel , i think that is what Cresta was referring to . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Unfortunately we come back to the same old problem , players who work at Sellafield are on good money , they can play for their Amateur side at the week end when it suits them , and have a night out at the end of it .Gone are the days when playing semi pro Rugby was a big addition to the weekly wage .These players will want decent money to turn pro to reflect their commitment . It is far easier just to take BNFLs pay packet and play Amateur RL .In other words " make it worth it for me ".That same phrase is probably heard when we try to sign a player who needs to travel , i think that is what Cresta was referring to . 

I think Paul Crarey was being far more straightforward. Travellers or not he was of the opinion that players in the basement divisions have an inflated idea of their worth.     Maybe we should target some recruits who don't earn big bucks at Sellafield- it might start to address the problem of players opting out of training due to shift patterns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see all the local clubs come to some sort of agreement re signing each others players(I know this is impossible)but Im sick of locals working one club against the other,its hard to stomach the  different badge kissing every season ,depending who is paying most money!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bigapple said:

Would love to see all the local clubs come to some sort of agreement re signing each others players(I know this is impossible)but Im sick of locals working one club against the other,its hard to stomach the  different badge kissing every season ,depending who is paying most money!

Wont happen this off season if town and haven are in different leagues next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:23, townie88 said:

Who is already under contract?

2019 signings 

Jamie Doran 3 years

Stevie Scholey 3 years 

Scott Rooke 2 year 

Tom Curwan 2 years 

Perry Singleton 2 years 

Andrew Dawson 2 years 

Ryan Fieldhouse 2 years

Jonathan Walsh 2 years 

Add to those Declan and Caine that have just been announced plus Elliot signed an extension for 3 years and we have a good starting point for next season.

I would like to see Buffer,Gordon,Blaine,Penky ,Bolton,Fui Fui and Tickle added to those and Tee at Full back/wing from Barrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm hearing that Forster doesnt fancy playing in the Championship so if Rooney has gave backward, he could maybe be on his way as a player/coach for town!

All these rumours are causing all sorts of problems with both the fans and the players, I'm sure some of the rumours didn't help with the players performance on Sunday,  the B O D must be more professional and work as one, and cut loose some individuals who cant work together for the good of the club.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JMB said:

All these rumours are causing all sorts of problems with both the fans and the players, I'm sure some of the rumours didn't help with the players performance on Sunday,  the B O D must be more professional and work as one, and cut loose some individuals who cant work together for the good of the club.

Simple solution , don't listen to rumours ?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully as soon as this season is completed the new coach will be announced and let him choose the players he wants. The last few seasons should tell us that we need a larger squad but also one that can rotate to keep players fresh,also only sign players who can commit to training and release any wont. Another sport maybe but look at Danny Graingers impact at the reds ,took on a relegated unfit squad who had ceased training and played when they wanted and has turned them completely around, largely same players trimmed down and hungry for success with competition for every place

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JMB said:

All these rumours are causing all sorts of problems with both the fans and the players, I'm sure some of the rumours didn't help with the players performance on Sunday,  the B O D must be more professional and work as one, and cut loose some individuals who cant work together for the good of the club.

What ways are the BOD not being professional? 

Are you saying you heard the rumours come from individuals on the board? 

Hope not. That be bad crack... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

2019 signings 

Jamie Doran 3 years

Stevie Scholey 3 years 

Scott Rooke 2 year 

Tom Curwan 2 years 

Perry Singleton 2 years 

Andrew Dawson 2 years 

Ryan Fieldhouse 2 years

Jonathan Walsh 2 years 

Add to those Declan and Caine that have just been announced plus Elliot signed an extension for 3 years and we have a good starting point for next season.

I would like to see Buffer,Gordon,Blaine,Penky ,Bolton,Fui Fui and Tickle added to those and Tee at Full back/wing from Barrow.

What happens if you win the playoffs are all these players up to Championship level rugby. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

What happens if you win the playoffs are all these players up to Championship level rugby. 

Win the play offs!? Country mile away from doing so. I just hope that the coach and signings are announced before pre season starts. We always seem to leave it late to get our squad together

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...