Jump to content
John Drake

Sat 14 Sept: Championship Qualifying Play-off: Toulouse Olympique v York City Knights KO 2pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Toulouse Olympique
      36
    • York City Knights
      15

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/19 at 13:30

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

I hope not!  I want to see the Josh McCrone/Stanislas Robin show next week!  With guest appearances from Gareth O'Brien/Mark Khierallah

You might not as Stan has been caught spitting.

TO in full flight did what they do best on the front foot.  Ford allowed to play and York without the punch to pressure them.  Just not good enough today to stay in the fight.  TO, though, very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

A scoreboard would be handy on this broadcast.

I think it's 40-6.

Toulouse look good. I'm glad they're moving ground though because that one looks awful.

It is awful. It's a long tram ride away from town.  They charged us (Fev fans) to enter but appeared to be letting French fans in for nowt, no ticket no cash, just walk in.


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a few twitter clips here from the live feed if you go to their main Twitter page

https://twitter.com/TheRFL/status/1172882583216168962?s=20

It made York look ordinary.  Not sure if the 31C heat and trip got to them on their fitness levels? 

Edited by Snowman123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Today's game?

Last week I think.  With the delay in the Champs disciplinary any decision could affect next week.  I'll see if I can find it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowman123 said:

Hmmm, discipline!

How many games does the incident look like banning him for? 

Not sure mate but Grade E will be in the RFL charging structure on their website - I cant get it.

Quite common in France.  And biting.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trojan said:

It is awful. It's a long tram ride away from town.  They charged us (Fev fans) to enter but appeared to be letting French fans in for nowt, no ticket no cash, just walk in.

Yes, that's right Fev fans get charged, everyone else is free.

As for the ground, well they did think about knocking down Capitol in the centre to make it easier for everyone and building a ground there but the city elders said no...the bastards. Next year, you can take a long tram ride out to Stade Toulouse instead. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not sure mate but Grade E will be in the RFL charging structure on their website - I cant get it.

Quite common in France.  And biting.

I've never seen it before...  and biting... wasn't TWP Bussey banned for 8 matches for biting a TO guy? 

The spitting was accidental as i've mentioned on another forum. But if Fev win tomorrow expect Robin to be band. The tribunal will sort it out, best not to second guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Yes, that's right Fev fans get charged, everyone else is free.

As for the ground, well they did think about knocking down Capitol in the centre to make it easier for everyone and building a ground there but the city elders said no...the bastards. Next year, you can take a long tram ride out to Stade Toulouse instead. 

 

Don't suppose it was just Fev fans who got charged. And the ground is not exactly convenient.  For that matter the metro system is a load of ######.  ON the way home the train broke down 50 yards from the station.  Apparently it's always doing it. We nearly missed out flight.


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Don't suppose it was just Fev fans who got charged. And the ground is not exactly convenient.  For that matter the metro system is a load of ######.  ON the way home the train broke down 50 yards from the station.  Apparently it's always doing it. We nearly missed out flight.

Never had a problem with the Metro in Toulouse, other than when the  Gillet Jaune are active as then the metro is full of CS gas. I'll try  the Fev metro next time i'm there, just as a comparison

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Don't suppose it was just Fev fans who got charged. And the ground is not exactly convenient.  For that matter the metro system is a load of ######.  ON the way home the train broke down 50 yards from the station.  Apparently it's always doing it. We nearly missed out flight.

Could you move the Fev ground closer to Manchester Airport ? I have to take a bus to Lux airport, then a flight, bus to the car rental and then traverse the M62 and try and find the Fev ground. It's not convenient. In fact could you ask the management to move the Fev ground to Luxembourg? Far more convenient for me

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Never had a problem with the Metro in Toulouse, other than when the  Gillet Jaune are active as then the metro is full of CS gas. I'll try  the Fev metro next time i'm there, just as a comparison

This is the Fev metro

 

B00675C7-B54C-4814-8F10-67C463B51F65.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

This is the Fev metro

 

B00675C7-B54C-4814-8F10-67C463B51F65.jpeg

"You going out?"

"Yes love, I'm just going to ride the Beaver"

(Sound of frying pan hitting your head)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kiggy said:

Could you move the Fev ground closer to Manchester Airport ? I have to take a bus to Lux airport, then a flight, bus to the car rental and then traverse the M62 and try and find the Fev ground. It's not convenient. In fact could you ask the management to move the Fev ground to Luxembourg? Far more convenient for me

Can you fly to Leeds from either Lux or Carca?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kiggy said:

Could you move the Fev ground closer to Manchester Airport ? I have to take a bus to Lux airport, then a flight, bus to the car rental and then traverse the M62 and try and find the Fev ground. It's not convenient. In fact could you ask the management to move the Fev ground to Luxembourg? Far more convenient for me

Fev are in Featherstone, get it Featherstone Rovers, in Featherstone, not Manchester Rovers in Manchester. 

  • Like 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kiggy said:

Never had a problem with the Metro in Toulouse, other than when the  Gillet Jaune are active as then the metro is full of CS gas. I'll try  the Fev metro next time i'm there, just as a comparison

Just because you live in a big city that's no reason to take the ###### out of those of us who don't.  Featherstone is a small former mining village, population 12,000.  Despite this disadvantage they have won the RLCC three times and been runners up twice.  They have also won the championship when it was a top flight comp. Perhaps when Toulouse have done the same you'll be entitled to sneer. After all you only won on the 7th because the ref didn't allow two perfectly good tries.  Were you there BTW or did you stay away like the majority of Toulouse supporters?  Unlike the Fev fans who paid entry to your ###### ground.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kiggy said:

The spitting was accidental as i've mentioned on another forum. But if Fev win tomorrow expect Robin to be band. The tribunal will sort it out, best not to second guess. 

That’s what I’ve heard. He was giving some verbal aggression ( happens ) and spit came out of his mouth uncontrollably.

i imagine a video analysis of his facial muscles by the tribunal will see if that’s a truth or a lie.  Funny how people seem to spit when they get angry.  We’ll see, or we won’t see. 

It’ll be sad if he’s banned as he’s a key attack player. 

Edited by Snowman123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Just because you live in a big city that's no reason to take the ###### out of those of us who don't.  Featherstone is a small former mining village, population 12,000.  Despite this disadvantage they have won the RLCC three times and been runners up twice.  They have also won the championship when it was a top flight comp. Perhaps when Toulouse have done the same you'll be entitled to sneer. After all you only won on the 7th because the ref didn't allow two perfectly good tries.  Were you there BTW or did you stay away like the majority of Toulouse supporters?  Unlike the Fev fans who paid entry to your ###### ground.

It's a good response.

In cities of course league is never going to be the primary sport it is in places such as Featherstone or Batley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

How many ex Hull FC and Hull KR players do York have? 

It seems like they’re Hull reserves 

Marsh , Salter , Oakes is a loan as is Harris , Horne out injured .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I thought the forum concerning Fev. fans blaming the Ref. every time they lost had been locked.Seems like Trojan has managed a way round it.

Perhaps if Kiggy had kept his sneering to himself I wouldn't have had the chance.  He didn't so I did.


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...