Average Gate

Batley Bob

4 hours ago, silverback said:

must be down to the free day or in for  a tenner, the long term batley fans seem to have been missing for a while were we sit, looking better for 2020 so should get everyone back on board:kolobok_mail1:

Nothing to do with that, just think York Widnes bulls all visited in numbers fev and fax came in the warmer months 

19 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Nothing to do with that, just think York Widnes bulls all visited in numbers fev and fax came in the warmer months 

well place looked packed when it were free and they all counted so it must a helped a bit, cant figure how dewsbury had more than us to be fair as when there on telly it looks like spot the fan,

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

well place looked packed when it were free and they all counted so it must a helped a bit, cant figure how dewsbury had more than us to be fair as when there on telly it looks like spot the fan,

Some of em are that big they get counted twice SB

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Well, guess where they site the cameras. I presume that you won't need a diagram.

At least next year when all of your stay-away fans come flooding back you should be up above 2000.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, guess where they site the cameras. I presume that you won't need a diagram.

At least next year when all of your stay-away fans come flooding back you should be up above 2000.

always looks better when we come to see yers boxing day,wouldent miss it for owt,all the best fella.

1 minute ago, silverback said:

always looks better when we come to see yers boxing day,wouldent miss it for owt,all the best fella.

Aye, it's a long wait isn't it?

Merry Christmas.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Some of em are that big they get counted twice SB

It's not fat, it's ballast. :kolobok_mad:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It is worth noting that these attendance figures are taken from one of the rugby papers. 

It is not uncommon to find a big discrepancy between different reports of the same game.

I'm also not convinced that these are the figures sent/used by the RFL.

Are you convinced that any of the figures, including those submitted to the RFL, are accurate?

I hear that, with attendance figures now being a factor in determining central distributions, there have been questions asked about the veracity of figures quoted by a number of clubs. Those with hi-tec computerised turnstiles should be OK though.

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you convinced that any of the figures, including those submitted to the RFL, are accurate?

I hear that, with attendance figures now being a factor in determining central distributions, there have been questions asked about the veracity of figures quoted by a number of clubs. Those with hi-tec computerised turnstiles should be OK though.

Haha ?

Not in the slightest, but then again I am very cynical about such things.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Elstone has done, is in a round about way get most clubs to unilaterally inflate attendance figures, to make himself look like he has been a success. Or, maybe less cynically, help his negotiating position ahead of the next TV deal. I'm on the fence as to which is more likely though.

Maybe, because we have hi-tec turnstiles, we can't fiddle our attendances, unlike other clubs?

However, I we may just be far too honest to play the game that Elstone wants us to play and are far too ethical to resort to such shabby tricks to get ahead?

On 12/09/2019 at 17:57, Batley Bob said:

2017 - 1,150

2018 _ 1,082

2019 - 1.171

info taken from here  

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2019/04/uk-championship-attendances-2019.html

I put that blog together and someone from the Batley club contacted me to say one of the home games was incorrect. I accepted his input and amended the average for 2019 to 1,335. I think it was a game where free tickets were made available and my figure may have excluded them. It made a huge difference anyway. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

11 hours ago, RayCee said:

I put that blog together and someone from the Batley club contacted me to say one of the home games was incorrect. I accepted his input and amended the average for 2019 to 1,335. I think it was a game where free tickets were made available and my figure may have excluded them. It made a huge difference anyway. 

Thanks mate 

so it’s 

2017   -   1,150

2018.  -   1,082

2019.  -   1,335

IMG_0583.JPG

15 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Haha ?

Not in the slightest, but then again I am very cynical about such things.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Elstone has done, is in a round about way get most clubs to unilaterally inflate attendance figures, to make himself look like he has been a success. Or, maybe less cynically, help his negotiating position ahead of the next TV deal. I'm on the fence as to which is more likely though.

Maybe, because we have hi-tec turnstiles, we can't fiddle our attendances, unlike other clubs?

However, I we may just be far too honest to play the game that Elstone wants us to play and are far too ethical to resort to such shabby tricks to get ahead?

Just so that you don't get any more confused Elstone runs SL, of which the Championship clubs aren't a part.

HTH

?

13 hours ago, Chris_T said:

Surely if you inflate attendances you would have to show increased gate receipts in your accounts and pay tax on thoae gate recipts this negating the increase in funding? 

There isn't necessarily any correlation - concessions, free kids season tickets, free tickets: all add to the declared attendance figures but wouldn't necessarily increase gate income.

What an absolute load of rubbish.  Whoever came up with the idea that likes on face book and the suchlike would be part of the assessment for the award of central funding needs their head examining.  And as for the people who went along with it and agreed to it - presumably the club chairmen - well they need a period in the asylum.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

There isn't necessarily any correlation - concessions, free kids season tickets, free tickets: all add to the declared attendance figures but wouldn't necessarily increase gate income.

Surely concessions count towards figure. I'm classed as a concession, pay to go in and clicked in??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Surely concessions count towards figure. I'm classed as a concession, pay to go in and clicked in??

Yes, but not a linear correlation Colin. Each season in the Championship the proportion of concession attendees increases, hence the actual income per capita falls.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just so that you don't get any more confused Elstone runs SL, of which the Championship clubs aren't a part.

HTH

?

hehe I was aware, but did he not make the decision to move to automatic promotion, from the 8s format we had (via a rather contrived vote)? 

Which in turn made the old funding allocations redundant. 

I'm not convinced Rimmer is anything other than Elstone's puppet. Elstone holds the purse strings, he says jump, Rimmer says how high.

Archived