Thur 26 Sept: SL Semi Final: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I did not reply ,I am surprised you bothered. 

but you could be bothered to reply to this - wow!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Well you have certainly cracked calendars.

Absolutely no idea what this means to be fair 

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Then you need to listen again to the end of his interview. If you fail to tell the truth then there's no help for you I'm afraid. Try listening

I listened to it all, he's a sore loser and will not win anything as a coach (which he hasn't as yet) until he stops blaming others for his team losing.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I listened to it all, he's a sore loser and will not win anything as a coach (which he hasn't as yet) until he stops blaming others for his team losing.

then you need to get your ears tested - have a good evening xx 

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

probably the best post you've ever made in fairness

wow some game. Really had no idea how that game would pan out. Glad Salford got the early points.

Watson has to be coach of the year, every player has improved or resurrected their game under him.

Jackson Hastings has been a joy on and off the pitch.

That tackle ?

28 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Coaches are human. When something goes against them, they have every right to feel aggrieved.

I agree he could cover it up better, but he recovered and said the right things.

Give him a break.

Of course he is human and I've got absolutely nothing against Powell but I think he has a fundamental issue as a coach in that he constantly blames other people and until he gets rid of that attitude he will not win anything as a coach.

5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Didn't he win the League Leaders Shield a couple of years ago?

Not the ultimate prize, but still pretty good for a coach who won't win anything with his bad attitude.

I meant something that matters. Powells teams have fallen short pretty much every time when it actually matters and he’s always had an excuse.

I missed this game but judging by the score, i know i would of enjoyed it.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Bit of a fizzler that one. Started all guns blazing, but after Salford's first try, Cas just faded away. With the exception of Rankin's break (and Evalds always had the legs on him), Cas didn't look like scoring at all. The second half was pretty tortuous.

On that showing, it's hard to see how Salford would trouble either Saints or Wigan under normal circumstances. However, the play-offs aren't normal, and with Saints' record of choking in the big games, if I was a Salford fan, I'd be hoping for Wigan to win tomorrow.

Could have been a better game but all credit to Salford, didn't look like Cas would score had it carried on until midnight.

Have to agree about Powell, he nearly always gets a dig in at the officials early doors in the after match interview when he perceives summat didn't go his team's way.

Question for Salford fans, if Ian Watson is such a good coach, how does Kris Welham get in the team each week?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm late to the party but well done to Salford for a belting performance.  80 odd percent completion is a really high standard and nilling the opposition in a play off match has to be encouraging.  I thought Salford played really well and that cover tackle by Evalds was just amazing.  If the Devils can maintain that level of performance then they have a real chance, especially if they meet my team who do have a tendency to run around like headless chickens in knock out games.

Salford fans must be pinching themselves at the moment given where they were this time last season!  They may be a small bunch but they are really loyal and they deserve to see their team achieve something IMO.

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Question for Salford fans, if Ian Watson is such a good coach, how does Kris Welham get in the team each week?

Quite simple really.  He’s the best we currently have in that position. 

Archived