Caine Barnes

Calvin Wellington

Elliot Hall

Gabriel Fell

Declan O'Donnel

Blaine Marwood

Russell Bolton              + at least 3 more to announce

11 minutes ago, town4me said:

I'd love to see fui back but due to his age he is mainly used in spells. Ideally We will also need a prop or two who can put bigger minutes in I.M.O

He put in a few long stints back end of last season and looked fit enough during them so I`m not sure fitness is too much of a problem for him.

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

He put in a few long stints back end of last season and looked fit enough during them so I`m not sure fitness is too much of a problem for him.

Yes you are right he did. But there was also talk of the older forwards getting caught out a bit on the wider pitches away from home. Still I would love to see him back this season coming 

36 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yes you are right he did. But there was also talk of the older forwards getting caught out a bit on the wider pitches away from home. Still I would love to see him back this season coming 

More a problem with our outside backs i would have said, middles defend the middle not out wide

The only team I can remember exploiting our middles was Newcastle away. We had a long season and that took its toll on the older members. However, Think Fui done 2 or 3 70 minute stints last season. Fitness is not an issue. Having a big enough squad to use him correctly was the issue.

If there can be a deal done that suits all parties, id love him back.

Fui is class and having him in the squad will give his team mates a boast, age is just a number just cause he's 40 doesn't mean hes lesser player than when he was 39! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

19 hours ago, townie88 said:

The only team I can remember exploiting our middles was Newcastle away. We had a long season and that took its toll on the older members. However, Think Fui done 2 or 3 70 minute stints last season. Fitness is not an issue. Having a big enough squad to use him correctly was the issue.

If there can be a deal done that suits all parties, id love him back.

Fui did 2 80 min games at Hunslet & Newcastle, because there was no one left on the bench. After the Newcastle match he said he loved it, he's a great impact player, but doesn't mind the longer stints, he's a fit as a biddy. He's a massive asset in he dressing room as well. I'd love to see him in our team next season!

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Fui did 2 80 min games at Hunslet & Newcastle, because there was no one left on the bench. After the Newcastle match he said he loved it, he's a great impact player, but doesn't mind the longer stints, he's a fit as a biddy. He's a massive asset in he dressing room as well. I'd love to see him in our team next season!

The Guy is a machine and I would love to see him carry on next season.

When Chris arrived Fui Fui started doing longer stints and his impact was visible for all to see with the opposition defence quaking every time he gets the ball and he always seems to lift his team mates.I could never understand why Leon gave him so little game time when the Guy was probably one of the fittest players on the books.His experience along with Danny Tickles will be valuable in this league next season as yet again I think the top 4 or 5 will be capable of beating each other and looks like Newcastle are going to be throwing everything at winning the league.

I just hope we are a bit luckier this coming season with Injuries than we have been over the last few seasons.

3 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Fui might be 40 but don`t forget Jamie Peacock was still one of the best props in Super League when he retired at 38/39 , age is just a number , also depends on how many injuries you pick up on the way .

If memory serves me right I am sure I watched Geoff Grayshon play for Batley against Town at Mount Unpleasant and he was a handful that day down the hill at the age of 46.

1 hour ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

If memory serves me right I am sure I watched Geoff Grayshon play for Batley against Town at Mount Unpleasant and he was a handful that day down the hill at the age of 46.

Big difference between both Fui and JP, JP played in a full time environment  with all the support required both on and off the field, that makes a massive difference. 

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Rumour Im hearing is Ryan Fieldhouse is packing in due to injurys, really hope not as I think hes class,  could understand tho as the lad has had some really bad injurys this last 12 months.

Massive shame for ryan and he had some good games in a town top, but if he is it might be a blessing for town to get him off the books, paying for an injured player isn’t ideal when we will have a relatively small squad again 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived