Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Keith Senior used to do about 6o mins when at Eagles.

HW

I remember that, he was on the pitch that long I wouldn’t have been surprised if he’d had to be substituted 

Best defensive performances I’ve seen at Derwent park for years well done lads, sorry to go off topic maybe beer talking, but was on haven forum last week and read the most cockeyed thread by mk1 running down town saying towns highlight was the donny win and we wouldn’t have anything else all season to celebrate, well sometimes you think just worry about yourselves and we will worry about how s&£t we are .rant over, summer can’t come soon enough coz somebody is gonna get absolutely mullered, thanks Chris and the lads for giving me a season to look forward to nite nite utt

4 hours ago, dkw said:

It was ridiculous how much time he spent on the pitch coaching, I was narked at first but then realised he was having no effect so just found it funny. 

It was blatant coaching so why did the Referee,Touch judge or Fourth Official do nothing about it.

It really pisses me off when it happens and London Skolars are one of the worst for it but has DKW says he had no effect so was wasting his time.

Early on I thought Keighley looked much sharper than us but our defence like last week was awesome.

When we started to create we looked really good and thought Doran made some excellent runs breaking tackles and with the right option we could have had 2 or 3 more trys.

Defence and discipline looks to be much better than last season and listening to Chris afterwards on the Radio he basically said that everyone has their job to do and they are doing it hence we are reaping the rewards and one player I think deserves a big mention is Gabe Fell.I liked him first time round but he looks even better now under Chris,Newcastle will be a big test next week but if we keep that defence up not many teams will find it easy to break us down.

10 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Best defensive performances I’ve seen at Derwent park for years well done lads, sorry to go off topic maybe beer talking, but was on haven forum last week and read the most cockeyed thread by mk1 running down town saying towns highlight was the donny win and we wouldn’t have anything else all season to celebrate, well sometimes you think just worry about yourselves and we will worry about how s&£t we are .rant over, summer can’t come soon enough coz somebody is gonna get absolutely mullered, thanks Chris and the lads for giving me a season to look forward to nite nite utt

Just don't visit the dark side, it's not good for your health. ?

14 minutes ago, Hatethejam14 said:

First 20 when they were banging on the door sure it was like 6 sets our goal line defence was fantastic  credit  to the back room staff too I just carnt believe  how fit we look ?⚪?⚪

Unbelievable what happens when they all go training eh... Class display yesterday. 

Was listening to Chris summing up the game in the car on the way back from the match , and he did mention we blew a few tries , which i think we perhaps did , but i guess the player in possession didn`t think the pass was on , so took the tackle .I would rather that than throw a wild pass in the hope someone gets it , and if not lose the ball .They threw a hopeful pass on our line and Elliott intercepted and went full length  , same thing could have happened to us if you force passes that aren`t on .......on the match , thought we were superb throughout , take that into next week and the Thunder might just go under .

14 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Was listening to Chris summing up the game in the car on the way back from the match , and he did mention we blew a few tries , which i think we perhaps did , but i guess the player in possession didn`t think the pass was on , so took the tackle .I would rather that than throw a wild pass in the hope someone gets it , and if not lose the ball .They threw a hopeful pass on our line and Elliott intercepted and went full length  , same thing could have happened to us if you force passes that aren`t on .......on the match , thought we were superb throughout , take that into next week and the Thunder might just go under .

The amount of time we've thrown a stupid pass over the last couple of seasons and had a player like Hall do to us what he did to Keighley yesterday is ridiculous. I agree with you take the tackle set the line go again. I thought Miller was terribly unlucky not to be awarded that try was a huge hit that dislodged the ball. Then again apparently Alex Young's disallowed try should have stood... All bodes well. 

Great team performance yesterday, took our chances well, even bombed a couple, which shows we are creating the openings, a little work to do on that aspect, however defended fantastically, great signs.

52 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

True point generally pal , but yesterday there was a few  times we’d broke the line and a pass was the option for a score but we dummied , or didn’t give the final pass out wide . I think Chris’s point is , probably thinking ahead , that you have to be clinical . What pleased me was the chances we were creating , and the effort at supporting the man . Also the number of times we created space with a nice shift from the middle . Our forwards were passing it wide and we have the speed and threat off that to be a worry for sides . I thought our style was really easy on the eye, and as pitches firm we’ll be good to watch . Ultimately we made chances and looked like scoring points , and if you’re solid in defence that’s a good mix 

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Apparently they only lost yesterday because the ref was taking them back 14 and only taking Toulouse back 5 according to one fan ?

36 minutes ago, dkw said:

Apparently they only lost yesterday because the ref was taking them back 14 and only taking Toulouse back 5 according to one fan ?

Talking of refs it’s a shame mr crashley was determined to allow Keighley to score, maybe he had the score on his coupon (allegedly)

58 minutes ago, dkw said:

Always annoying when that happens. ?

20 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

Talking of refs it’s a shame mr crashley was determined to allow Keighley to score, maybe he had the score on his coupon (allegedly)

He was determined to get them over the line but I thought he was better than last week. ?

59 minutes ago, dkw said:

Fair point I’d say .... although those 7 tries didn’t help either 

5 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

A call for Charlos job already and a 'I would rather be in this league' comment (true but with a bit of fight marra?).  I wonder how far Into his thirties this weeks saviour signing will be.

17 minutes ago, town4me said:

A call for Charlos job already and a 'I would rather be in this league' comment (true but with a bit of fight marra?).  I wonder how far Into his thirties this weeks saviour signing will be.

Tommy Lee ( not the one who married Pamela Anderson ) 

39 minutes ago, town4me said:

We did put up a fight marra But with 6/7 if you count Olstrum missing from the starting 17. It was always going to be a tough day against a very big & Skillful Toulouse side. 

Archived