NRL 2019 revenue hits $555.91m

Pulga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great now they can make a grant towards grassroots rugby league in NZ. How about 1 percent of that profit $300,000 NZD per year goes towards setting a charitable trust to help attract kids to play the game and training clinics for grassroots referees, coaches and administrators.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Gate receipts only 10% of total income, that’s a league that knows how to market itself. 

I don’t know if you are mocking or congratulating.

I don’t think regular season gate receipts would be included in those figures.

26 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

I know there are different economic conditions, but maybe Elstone could benefit from a tour down here and take a few insights back home with him. 

As long as he doesnt bring back the NRL match day atmosphere with him.... SL head and shoulders above the NRL on that front.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Course they aren’t, as the NRL doesn’t collect regular season gate receipts ?

Where does the $54m come from then? Not SOO and the grand final, unless tickets average $180 each. But yes thinking about it it can’t be regular games at that value. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Where does the $54m come from then? Not SOO and the grand final, unless tickets average $180 each. But yes thinking about it it can’t be regular games at that value. 

It will be the entire finals series, SOO, Pacific tests, internationals.

Just the matches they own.

Dont forget, the NRL GF and SOO alone will command approx 400 pax at approx $700 ea for the official function.

I paid $125 for a seat in the back corner for the NRL GF, so there wouldn’t have been a lot of cheaper seats than that.

5 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Great now they can make a grant towards grassroots rugby league in NZ. How about 1 percent of that profit $300,000 NZD per year goes towards setting a charitable trust to help attract kids to play the game and training clinics for grassroots referees, coaches and administrators.

I think they are putting $10m into grassroots.

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Rugby unions revenue figures in Australia are hilarious..........not even released for 2019 either or have they just dropped off the scale? ?

The ARU is absolutely screwed.

They are in such a bad place that it's not outside the realm of possibility that fail to find a broadcaster for Super Rugby at all.

Even if they do find a deal it'll probably be a worthless one.

3 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

The ARU is absolutely screwed.

They are in such a bad place that it's not outside the realm of possibility that fail to find a broadcaster for Super Rugby at all.

Even if they do find a deal it'll probably be a worthless one.

GD there’s a good thread on the cross code forum about ‘Australian Rugby Union Disaster’ 

3 hours ago, Pulga said:

That's more info on Australian sports.

A great chart that shows how far even NRL are behind AFL.

Profit is great.

Turnover is key. Any accountant can make a business profitable. Your turnover is most circumstances is evidence of your potential profitability.

8 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Is not the Auckland Rugby League reckoned to be financially strong through the Carlaw Park Trust? Why are they not doing more? The League communities in NZ need to be more politically active, demanding a fairer deal in the schools rather than looking across the Tasman for charity.

30 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Is not the Auckland Rugby League reckoned to be financially strong through the Carlaw Park Trust? Why are they not doing more? The League communities in NZ need to be more politically active, demanding a fairer deal in the schools rather than looking across the Tasman for charity.

You obviously know a lot about this, why don’t you get in touch with them and help them get the fairer deal?

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You obviously know a lot about this, why don’t you get in touch with them and help them get the fairer deal?

Fair enough, I know only what I can pick up from the other side of the world. But the Union stranglehold on the schools is a political issue. And the NZ League community seem as passive as we were when Labour governments failed to address both the Union grip on Northern State schools and the ban on League in the armed forces.

Archived