Favourite ever TRL thread?

What Do You Look Like thread. Quite a few years ago there was one when members posted photos of themselves (probably before they were called 'selfies') and I remember the shock of seeing what posters actually looked like compared to the images you have of them in your head.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

9 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

What Do You Look Like thread. Quite a few years ago there was one when members posted photos of themselves (probably before they were called 'selfies') and I remember the shock of seeing what posters actually looked like compared to the images you have of them in your head.

I was visiting the UK a number of years ago and when in Cardiff I recognised a forum user from their photograph on this forum. They got a real surprise when I went up and introduced myself..  ?

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Live Lobster Boiling

or

the Trash the old Forum party night

Top two, with Trash the Old Forum probably edging it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Copa said:

I was visiting the UK a number of years ago and when in Cardiff I recognised a forum user from their photograph on this forum. They got a real surprise when I went up and introduced myself..  ?

20200325_153332

Because you looked like this?

15 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

I've got a mental image of how I think you all look. I would imagine reality is very different.

I don't like anonymity that much. I much prefer referring to people by name as opposed to a username e.g. exiled townie.

I understand why people do it....

Just now, Robin Evans said:

I've got a mental image of how I think you all look. I would imagine reality is very different.

I don't like anonymity that much. I much prefer referring to people by name as opposed to a username e.g. exiled townie.

Start a thread. It's been a while.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

what do I look like then?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

I'd got you as shorter in stature... build of a no9.... dark hair once.... balding a bit now.... 

couldn't be further from the truth lol

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'd got you as shorter in stature... build of a no9.... dark hair once.... balding a bit now.... 

my looks were once compared to that of billy fury - a girl once said compared to billy fury your a right ugly c£*t 

16 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Got to do it again

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

22 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Yes, I remember that! It was such a shock to see people who you had only imagined. 

I'm sure John M posted a photo of himself on a motorbike.  I also remember being surprised by Shadow, who was disappointingly not the "rugger" stereotype I had planted in my head ?

Archived