Euro XIIIs

2 hours ago, Anadolu XIII said:

We are a new club (franchise) brought together by key members of the TRL, including the TRL President to represent us in general. Key management team are from Ankara, İstanbul and Izmir. Players will be recruited from across the TRL. 

Anadolu XIII will only compete in the Euro 13s at this stage. 

Depending on potential growth I could imagine atleast two other sides coming from Turkey in the future.

Franchise ? What is going on ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Anadolu XIII said:

We are a new club (franchise) brought together by key members of the TRL, including the TRL President to represent us in general. Key management team are from Ankara, İstanbul and Izmir. Players will be recruited from across the TRL. 

Anadolu XIII will only compete in the Euro 13s at this stage. 

Depending on potential growth I could imagine atleast two other sides coming from Turkey in the future.

Welcome!! Why did you call yourselves Anadolu and not Istanbul which is what most people outside Turkey are more familiar with.

Best of luck 

13 hours ago, langpark said:

We have asked multiple times, nobody appears to have a solid answer and Eddie seems to hate people asking too! ?

Ask away, but it’s futile because as I’ve repeatedly said you’re asking the wrong people.

On 12/06/2020 at 22:33, The Daddy said:

Welcome!! Why did you call yourselves Anadolu and not Istanbul which is what most people outside Turkey are more familiar with.

Best of luck 

Anadolu is the Turkish form for Anatolia, which makes up the Asian part of Turkey. 

Calling the team Istanbul, part of which is European anyway, wouldn't be representative of Izmir or Ankara. 

On 13/06/2020 at 00:33, The Daddy said:

Best of luck 

Merhaba, as Niels said, Istanbul does not represent Turkey. Whilst it most certainly is Turkey's largest and most well known City externally, we love our sense of 'origin'. Even after generations when asked Turkish people will often tell you they are from Trabzon (for instance) when it was their Grandparents born in Trabzon and their parents were actually born in Istanbul. Other Cities. such as Izmir and Ankara also would not follow a new Istanbul team (but not the case with the big 3 football clubs) 

Anadolu (Anatolia) is probably among the most well know internal identities in Turkey and held as a deep symbol in our history, geography and Culture.

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Why not Norwich?

Read back to one of Eddie's comment.. Maybe on the other European comp thread. Can't be bothered to find it but if I remember it went something like if he won the lottery and set a team up he wouldn't be wasting his money in a euro competition.... Or very similar. 

That answer your question?? 

On 12/06/2020 at 22:57, del capo said:

Franchise ? What is going on ?

We are a new club representing all Turkish players and clubs at this point. This increases our chance at being 'owned' by all Turks. If we were to enter the top ranked team (Ankara for instance) players and supporters from other teams and cities would be reluctant to back it. Additionally, it would likely mean that the best players from other clubs may be attracted to that club in the normal TRL season as it would increase their chance at playing in the EURO 13's (in doing create imbalance for the competition) 

Hope that helps. Remember to follow us on social media ?

1 hour ago, Anadolu XIII said:

We are a new club representing all Turkish players and clubs at this point. This increases our chance at being 'owned' by all Turks. If we were to enter the top ranked team (Ankara for instance) players and supporters from other teams and cities would be reluctant to back it. Additionally, it would likely mean that the best players from other clubs may be attracted to that club in the normal TRL season as it would increase their chance at playing in the EURO 13's (in doing create imbalance for the competition) 

How do you see the competition in relation to the Balkan Super League? Are you planning to enter this too or just leave that for existing clubs? 

2 hours ago, yanto said:

Read back to one of Eddie's comment.. Maybe on the other European comp thread. Can't be bothered to find it but if I remember it went something like if he won the lottery and set a team up he wouldn't be wasting his money in a euro competition.... Or very similar. 

That answer your question?? 

I’ve never said anything of the sort. I did say if I won the lottery I’d set a team up here though. 

Edit - actually it’s possible I did say that, why would the Norwich Carrot Crunchers enter a Euro league when we could play in the Southern Conference or League One. 

3 hours ago, Anadolu XIII said:

Very much thank you

So you are aiming to be effectively the Turkish National team assisted by some Aussie draftees ? And presumably just in it for the knock out cup and not interested in the 2022 league as that might cut across your domestic competition ?

56 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

16 teams isn’t it?

The plan was initially 8, then all of a sudden they announced they were expanding to 16.

Europe, on a good day barely has 16 RL-playing nations.  So I think Yanto's prediction may be right, I won't be shocked if they revert back to the original plan of 8 teams.

10 hours ago, langpark said:

The plan was initially 8, then all of a sudden they announced they were expanding to 16.

Europe, on a good day barely has 16 RL-playing nations.  So I think Yanto's prediction may be right, I won't be shocked if they revert back to the original plan of 8 teams.

Will you be shocked if they stick at 16 though? Come on, pick a horse. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Will you be shocked if they stick at 16 though? Come on, pick a horse. 

As I keep saying Eddie Im not against this and I dont thing langpark is either, its just that being based on the continent and involved in the game ..no matter how little .. its a stuggle to see where the 50 odds clubs that applied come from and off the sixteen  they still have another nine places to fill in the cup competition.

Greece,Germany and Serbia have decided against entering any teams.

The Turkish side has admitted its a "Rep" side so I cant see another Turkish club stepping up.

Plans to form clubs in Portugal,Austria and Moldova is very ambitious but could be done .

Add the Italian club yet to be announced and we now have eight that we know about with the  three new sides mentioned in the pipeline.

Double up in Spain and maybe Italy that will give us thirteen.

Brussels is the only senior team in Belgium so I doubt another will pop up.

Norway has nine clubs...Stavanger could surprise us or even Oslo but  on feedback I think that would be pushing it.

Sweden three clubs ...doubtful unless they combine.

Poland...they seem to have dropped of a little.

Can you see another Irish club stepping up ??

Amsterdam is a remote possability. BUT after Rotterdam anything can happen in crazy Holland .

Ukraine have not be mentioned  yet ..another possability.

Malta ??? 

Bosnia seem to be aligned with Serbia so I would count them out.

Denmark...is anything going on there ? same as Latvia and Bulgaria.

Why would any English,Scottish or Welsh clubs enter...you even agree on that point.

Albania have gone to join the Greek competition.

Combination of a couple of Czech sides to form a Prauge select is a possability.

Trying to get my head around which clubs could step forward to make up the nine still needed.

Take away the countries that openly declined the invitation and anyone would find it hard to name fifty clubs in Europe.

Any help on that marra would be appriciated. Be a nice research project for you ?

You putting your money on Oslo...my bet would be an Italian side named next .

On another note and this could be vital.

The dates ,February and March ,are at the business end of the rugby union season and even though people maybe dont want to admit it a lot of continental clubs and even national sides rely heavily on union players stepping over once their season is complete.

That could also have a massive affect on clubs entering the Euro XIII's.

When is the next team to be named ??

Archived