Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 7 Jun: NRL: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers KO 9.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Gold Coast Titans
    • Wests Tigers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/20 at 08:55

I’ll stick my neck out and back Justin to get a chalk on the board .

• Like 1

West's by plenty

• Haha 1

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Wests

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Titans by 7

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

That first try shows all the Gold Coast problems.

A great defensive effort to hold up the ball in goal but literally no assistance. If that were the Roosters then 3 pr 4 team mates would be piling in to prevent the try and yet with the Gold Coast everyone was just watching. 

Talent combined with effort wins games. 

Titans have done really well in the last 25 minutes to pick up their effort and make this a real contest.

Boring, robotic, etc. :kolobok_wink:

Yowzers!

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Boring, robotic, etc. :kolobok_wink:

Yowzers!

Power game!

A quote from out our fellow posters on the NRL 'style'.

"Watch the number of passes in games some years ago as compared to the present day ..."Off the cuff" rugby and ball-handling skills have become less and less"

I don't know why it annoys me so much that people will not watch great tries like that because of an assumption of how the game is played. But it does.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A quote from out our fellow posters on the NRL 'style'.

"Watch the number of passes in games some years ago as compared to the present day ..."Off the cuff" rugby and ball-handling skills have become less and less"

I don't know why it annoys me so much that people will not watch great tries like that because of an assumption of how the game is played. But it does.

Remember, it is their loss, not yours.

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Remember, it is their loss, not yours.

I just want people to be happy! It's a weakness of mine ?

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I just want people to be happy! It's a weakness of mine ?

This is a Rugby League forum. You'd have better luck volunteering for the Samaritans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After Wests went 12:0 up in 12 minutes, I was expecting another gubbing for the Titans, but they are hanging in there. And that first Tigers try in the second half was something few sides could have stopped.

All level, with a KTC!

The Tigers are showing really poor discipline in the tackle. Two crusher penalties and now a chicken wing. If they lose this they only have themselves to blame.

A Marshall DG gets Wests back in front, with 3 minutes to go.

Ooh! Titans score a try with 2 to go! In a very kickable position, too.

That is a great win for the Titans.

They could have folded being 12-0 down and the second try from an intercept but they showed plenty of guts.  Good on them and pleased for Holbrook.