• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't please everyone 🙄🙄. Building the best squad for many a year and you get this negativity before a ball is passed. Unreal.

I agree. The game, with no scrums and 6 again, is not the same game we've been watching over the last few years. The signings and retentions we've had so far , I feel, reflect that. If we can build an

Anyone critical of Owen, Hewitt and Abram should remember it is really difficult to play those positions behind a pack that isn't going forwards. It looks like Diskin has tried to address that with th

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley

Centre - Leeming, Heaton

Utility Back - 

Half back - Charnock, Hewitt

Prop - Dupree, Nelmes, Reilly, Spencer, Joy

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Fletcher, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 17

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 hours ago, Stevos Barber said:

Will we, or any other team, need forwards or backs next season. Will there be a scrum?

Was reading a thread on the main forum about how the tactics are changing because of 6 again. Defenders are , apparently,  keeping the attackers upright in the tackle, stopping them going to ground. I was thinking,  could this lead to a type of "maul"? If so you will still need bigger blokes.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

Glad Hutchings has signed. He was a very promising young winger from Saints. I think over the off season he might have bulked up a bit too much as Diskin might have seen him more as a utility. Will be very good back on the wing as he is very strong and has a huge workrate carrying the ball.

• Like 3

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley, Hutchings

Centre - Leeming, Heaton

Utility Back - 

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Fletcher, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 18

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley, Hutchings

Centre - Leeming, Heaton

Utility Back - 

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Fletcher, Smith, Pick

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 19

• Thanks 2