Jump to content

England Team if you were picking it now


OMEGA
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Why the confused face ? 🤔

 

Stats don't lie 😎 (not Inc. 15/16/17) 

 

Well probably the Super League fantasy league ones do 😂

 

 

Probably because you've picked the likes of Olpherts, Westerman  & Houghton

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Why the confused face ? 🤔

 

Stats don't lie 😎 (not Inc. 15/16/17) 

 

Well probably the Super League fantasy league ones do 😂

 

 

Stats tell a story in regards to Superleague,I think Wane will select players who he thinks can play to his plans and can compete at a higher level rather than how many metres/tries they can score against Leigh/Salford etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Stats tell a story in regards to Superleague,I think Wane will select players who he thinks can play to his plans and can compete at a higher level rather than how many metres/tries they can score against Leigh/Salford etc.

As you probably guessed, Just wanted to get some reactions off ppl whose favorite players off their own teams ain't on there plus create a bit of a talking point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Probably because you've picked the likes of Olpherts, Westerman  & Houghton

Olpherts is best Englishman in Super League wearing a #2 as it stands if you have to pick a team right now. 

Westerman best Englishman in SL wearing a #13 Jersey. 

The thread title is pick now, It's only 8 matches in, things will change massively by final selection time I'm sure.......

Stats don't lie, especially SL Fantasy League Stats 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still a long way to the world cup let's hope Wane is keeping an open mind and is prepared to a pick a squad running into form at the back end of the season, watching the origin game the other day I really hope Luai and To'o confirm for Samoa because the game at Newcastle promises to be a classic 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We go around this buoy every year prior to the international window. Stats are not the be and end all when selecting the international side. You need a mixture of experience, quality and potential, as well playing to a high standard. Players like Olpherts are not international standard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

I appreciate a lot of SL lovers over NRL will take umbrage with this side, but looks pretty alright to me. But you have to pick William's in the halfs, surely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Farmduck said:

After watching tonight's Origin I think England's biggest challenge might be finding the right centres. If AUS plays T-Turbo and Latrell there's maybe 4 tries per game just between those two + whatever they set up for others.

Going by that game, england would do well to keep within 30 points of NSW let alone Australia. Worrying!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

Manfred you left out Yorkshire’s finest Sam Walker . Surely him and Georgie Williams 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

What current form have Farnworth,Percival,Bateman,Burgess & Hodgson shown ??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

Looks a useful side but I don't think Radley will opt for England 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What current form have Farnworth,Percival,Bateman,Burgess & Hodgson shown ??

Tom Burgess has been very good for Souths this year, not sure why you are saying he doesn't have any form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

On current form, the team will now likely be:

 

Sam Tomkins

Tommy Makinson. Herbie Farnworth, Mark Percival, Tom Davies

 

Johnny Lomax'

Gareth Widdop

 

Victor Radley

Elliot Whitehead, John Bateman,

Tom Burgess, Josh Hodgson, Luke Thompson

 

Interchange: Daryl Clark, Alex Walmsley, Ryan Sutton, Morgan Knowles 

Oh give over with your Radley guff. He isn't English, hasn't expressed any intention of ever wanting to play for England, and more importantly, he isn't anything special anyway. Aside from the odd big hit that has the Aussie press & commentators creaming their pants (and now under the new rules just earns him a lengthy ban) he's no better than some of the real Englishmen we have for that position.

Knowles has already played in a WC and while Wales took a few beatings in that competition Knowles was outstanding for them and was their player of the tournament even at just 20 yrs of age. Has Radley shown he can perform on the international stage ?

On the only occasion the 2 of them have come head to head in the WCC in 2020 again it was Knowles who was the stand out 13 that day, not Radley. The main difference in that match was a couple of pieces of brilliance from Manu and one from Keary.

Then there's club form - Knowles has arguably been the stand out 13 in SL for the last couple of years and despite missing the entire pre-season and the first 1 1/2 months of this he's getting back to that top form, shown by his performance in the CCSF last week.

The only reason you want Radley picked is because he's Australian and he plays for an NRL club.

And don't even get me started on Hodgson. His club form is nothing special at all at the moment and he's been tried at GB level and failed miserably. Roby, Clarke & McShane are all far better hookers than he is.

Edited by Saint Toppy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Tom Burgess has been very good for Souths this year, not sure why you are saying he doesn't have any form.

He’s been average at best and has been found out defensively with the new rules speeding up the game,way behind Walmsley and you couldn’t have both of them on the pitch together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He’s been average at best and has been found out defensively with the new rules speeding up the game,way behind Walmsley and you couldn’t have both of them on the pitch together.

OK, so we disagree on Burgess form this year.

Who would you have as props in the 17?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Oh give over with your Radley guff. He isn't English, hasn't expressed any intention of ever wanting to play for England, and more importantly, he isn't anything special anyway. Aside from the odd big hit that has the Aussie press & commentators creaming their pants (and now under the new rules just earns him a lengthy ban) he's no better than some of the real Englishmen we have for that position.

Knowles has already played in a WC and while Wales took a few beatings in that competition Knowles was outstanding for them and was their player of the tournament even at just 20 yrs of age. Has Radley shown he can perform on the international stage ?

On the only occasion the 2 of them have come head to head in the WCC in 2020 again it was Knowles who was the stand out 13 that day, not Radley. The main difference in that match was a couple of pieces of brilliance from Manu and one from Keary.

Then there's club form - Knowles has arguably been the stand out 13 in SL for the last couple of years and despite missing the entire pre-season and the first 1 1/2 months of this he's getting back to that top form, shown by his performance in the CCSF last week.

The only reason you want Radley picked is because he's Australian and he plays for an NRL club.

And don't even get me started on Hodgson. His club form is nothing special at all at the moment and he's been tried at GB level and failed miserably. Roby, Clarke & McShane are all far better hookers than he is.

Your correct Radley isn’t English and hasn’t expressed an interest in playing for England but calling him nothing is just ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

OK, so we disagree on Burgess form this year.

Who would you have as props in the 17?

Depends on who we were playing and how the games were being officiated but he’d only ever be a bench player to spell Walmsley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Depends on who we were playing and how the games were being officiated but he’d only ever be a bench player to spell Walmsley.

Come on, you are not under oath, it's only a web site to talk about Rugby League, which props would you have in the 17 for an England team today.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where in the rules does it say we have to pick 17? Surely we just pick as many NRL players as we possibly can, make Sutton captain, and sit back and admire genius at work. It’ll be like watching Avengers Assemble. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...