Just now, RigbyLuger said:

Made worse by the sponsor placement!

Because that's the thing you should be focusing on, not the massive constipated shark! 😂

Literally everything is wrong with that shirt, the badge and maker logo too close into the centre, the sponsor too far up, the collar is horrendous, it says Sharks on the back of it like it's trying to be American or something.

In fact the shark is probably the least of that shirts problems! 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

In fact the shark is probably the least of that shirts problems! 

Exactly! 😂

Saw this in a charity shop and had to buy it! Probably sold on eBay as "RARE" for a reason!

s-l400.jpg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

This?? 

rugby_shirt_249_1_431x373x1.jpg

Whatever happened to XXXX?

Apart from appearing in Terry Pratchetts Discworld stories.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Whatever happened to XXXX?

Apart from appearing in Terry Pratchetts Discworld stories.

It was distributed in the UK by Allied Breweries, but when they merged with Carlsberg it was eventually discarded and taken up in the UK by InBev. That didn't work out, so it isn't available in the UK on draught anymore. It is a Queensland Beer which is its heartland, its everywhere there, but not as popular in the rest of Australia.

• Thanks 1

I like traditional shirts you associate with teams . You can tinker but I don’t know why teams change so much and radically at times . That strip is your identity and heritage , why change and lose a bit of that ? The NRL rarely has these big changes . Wigan , Leeds, Saints , Hull etc etc  .  Strips  when I was going up , challenge cup finals and the like were iconic and clear , I never know why you’d deviate from them 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

It was distributed in the UK by Allied Breweries, but when they merged with Carlsberg it was eventually discarded and taken up in the UK by InBev. That didn't work out, so it isn't available in the UK on draught anymore. It is a Queensland Beer which is its heartland, its everywhere there, but not as popular in the rest of Australia.

There is a very good reason for that 🤢

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Way back in 1999, I had my photograph taken outside the XXXX Brewery, over the railway bridge, with the Castlemaine brewery in the background, as on the lable, and I would like to point out, only the tourists drink Fosters, as it is regarded as kangaroo urine

• Haha 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

any nrl shirt from the indigenous rounds - all awful

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Way back in 1999, I had my photograph taken outside the XXXX Brewery, over the railway bridge, with the Castlemaine brewery in the background, as on the lable, and I would like to point out, only the tourists drink Fosters, as it is regarded as kangaroo urine

I visited it in Brisbane in 1992. The Aussie beers are very regional. VB and Tooheys are popular in certain areas.

Blackpool Borough change strip, second half of the 1980s: light grey shirt, white shorts, black socks.

Apparently, Borough got the grey shirts for next to nothing.

Edited by Hopping Mad

39 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I visited it in Brisbane in 1992. The Aussie beers are very regional. VB and Tooheys are popular in certain areas.

First time i went to Australia i asked for a Fosters and they just laughed at me, nowt to do with Australia that muck they said, drank Tooheys new after that. 

• Like 1