Elite 1 Update

audois

There's now a three week break until 9-10 January. Maybe some catching-up for some teams such as Villeneuve. Early in the new year possibly. Limoux had around ten missing up in the Tarn and had one player sent off - I think they will be still in the mix; St Esteve will be up and down I think depending who is available. USV the one to watch; long time since they've challenged seriously. Avignon and Albi a bit off the pace. Outside that TO Elite, St Gaudens and Palau. Still hope they'll be all competitive to the end. Like the look of TO reserves. Seb Raguin doing a good job there.

EpvtliJW8AAaEBN.jpg.461986a506b348913deb96bfda265b25.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching a few games this weekennd and the quality of the tv/stream coverage was good. I got the feeling that youtube worked better than facebook and the viewing figures seem to be reasonable. St. Esteve v Palau 800-900,  Lezignan v St Gaudens 700-800 while Lezignan v Carcasonne a week earlier got >1,500. So I wonder firstly, what the viewing figures on TV (viaoccitanie) have been and secondly, if it'd make sense to create a ffr13 streaming plattform on youtube, ourleague, ffr website or wherever. I am pretty sure you can increase the viewing figures with better marketing and better camera coverage. 

7 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

I've been watching a few games this weekennd and the quality of the tv/stream coverage was good. I got the feeling that youtube worked better than facebook and the viewing figures seem to be reasonable. St. Esteve v Palau 800-900,  Lezignan v St Gaudens 700-800 while Lezignan v Carcasonne a week earlier got >1,500. So I wonder firstly, what the viewing figures on TV (viaoccitanie) have been and secondly, if it'd make sense to create a ffr13 streaming plattform on youtube, ourleague, ffr website or wherever. I am pretty sure you can increase the viewing figures with better marketing and better camera coverage. 

Its an interesting one RL in France certainly has a loyal following (I would estimate around 15000) + us etc.

One for the French posters, I see the new fella in charge has some ambitious plans to make EliteOne more attractive to partners particularly through utilisation of larger cities.

What is the best-case but realistic scenario for Elite One in the next 4-5 years?

From the outside looking in (pardon me if I’m wrong) it has to be:

- FFRXIII having their own streaming/highlights situation maybe alongside some TV.

- 2/3 new clubs in Elite (Toulon? Lyon?)

- Help rebrand a few clubs (Villeneuve, Palau)

Yes, albert the ex xiii catalans coach takes his place, they said the players weren't doing what he asked of them anymore, they've a strong team on paper, but ill disciplined and think everyone in the world is against them when they're on the field. 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Yes, albert the ex xiii catalans coach takes his place, they said the players weren't doing what he asked of them anymore, they've a strong team on paper, but ill disciplined and think everyone in the world is against them when they're on the field. 

It's kind of like they signed players known for exactly not doing what theyre being told and putting the blame on elima 

Round 7

9-10 January

Two cracking games with comp leaders Carcassonne at home to undefeated Villeneuve/Lot and St Esteve receiving Lezignan.

Are the government still re-visting the opening of stadiums for fans from 7th January?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Very good coach from what i saw. Good bloke too, he's got his own vineyards now and makes some decent wine I've heard. 

Hopefully shipping to the UK in 2021 😉

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

On 23/12/2020 at 13:32, barnyia said:

Very good coach from what i saw. Good bloke too, he's got his own vineyards now and makes some decent wine I've heard. 

Thanks for that, Barnyia.

Here's the link to his website: Domaine Olivier ELIMA (domaine-elima.fr)

As with David Ferriol's wines, it would be interesting to know if they can be purchased on this side of La Manche through a UK stockist.

20 hours ago, barnyia said:

Catalans v lezignan this Saturday on viaoccitanie.tv 

Playing it too at Stade Gilbert Brutus I understand. Shame with no fans. With more than half a dozen ex-Dragons in the FCL camp  would have got the supporters out for this one. Be interesting to see how Cozza, Le Cam and Joe Chan go down the middle.

17 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for that, Barnyia.

Here's the link to his website: Domaine Olivier ELIMA (domaine-elima.fr)

As with David Ferriol's wines, it would be interesting to know if they can be purchased on this side of La Manche through a UK stockist.

Olivier said that their wines would be available in the UK soon. 

Whether that's Brexit affected as yet I don't know. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

Archived