And now the news where you are.

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

After an incident where two men were injured with a bladed implement , Carlisle police - on advice from witnesses - are searching for ‘ a man with a big nose and a woman with short hair ‘ . Anyone seeing people matching these descriptions must call the police 

I was going home yesterday, and this guy who lives in the next town to me got on the bus. He is about 70-75, 6 foot 6 inch at least, and has HUGE sticky out ears, one of the kids on the bus squealed "Ah, Dad, it's the BFG!"

• Haha 1

According to Europe's, Germany has already ordered & received, 30 million doses of the omicron vaccine. Even before Omicron had a name..

How can they predict, and test enough vaccines to prevent, or retard this, when the Welsh Premier is suggesting a tsunami?

26 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

According to Europe's, Germany has already ordered & received, 30 million doses of the omicron vaccine. Even before Omicron had a name..

How can they predict, and test enough vaccines to prevent, or retard this, when the Welsh Premier is suggesting a tsunami?

They've put in an order subject to development. They have not been delivered. They are in line with this:

"In comments made following a meeting of the the European Council, von der Leyen said that vaccine contracts already signed with drugmakers included the option for the companies to deliver vaccines modified for variants, if needed, in 100 days."

I'm not sure how this local news for Cornwall.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm not sure how this local news for Cornwall.

Do you not think Cornwall has had its own covid variants 

Devonian,  South-westian, bullshitian, I'm surprised the chicken farmers are not complaining because of a supposed bird flu, circa 1995, is being pushed.

Not too much been going on round here recently. A Thai restaurant got raided the other day and a rather large cannabis factory was found upstairs. What people couldn't understand about this though was how it hadn't been raided sooner. The corner of the street where the restaurant is is actually known as Cannabis Corner by locals due to the fact you basically get high just walking past the place for a couple of seconds so strong was the smell of the stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

No photo description available.

"Alf Spence, 91, of Bedale, North Yorkshire, has been posting his letters in the dog poo box in error for two years.
He Said "A woman walking her dog came up to me, tapped me on the shoulder, and asked what I was doing. I thought she was going to cry when I told her. She held my hand and pointed out that the postbox was on the other side of the road.
“I’ve not got the best eyesight these days but even so, the post box and the dog dirt box are almost identical. They’re both red, the same shape and stuck on a post. I bet I’m not the only pensioner to get confused. The bloody council should never have put them so close together.” Alf ’s daughter Molly, 59, commented. “Every time I asked dad if he’d remembered one of kids’ birthdays, he’d say, ‘Yes, there’s a bloody cheque in the post’. “When they never showed up we thought he was losing his marbles."
“What I’d like to know is why the people who empty the dog poo box have never wondered why Dad’s letters are in there". 

• Haha 5

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On 16/12/2021 at 19:50, DavidM said:

After an incident where two men were injured with a bladed implement , Carlisle police - on advice from witnesses - are searching for ‘ a man with a big nose and a woman with short hair ‘ . Anyone seeing people matching these descriptions must call the police 

Did they ever catch Cyrano de Bergerac and Yazz?

On 03/01/2022 at 14:06, JohnM said:

Flood Alert Issued. Tidal flooding of areas near the Lincs coast. floodline.uk/053WAT601TLCa. To hear more information on this Alert, call Floodline 0345 9881188,8

Bizarrely, the Hull Daily Mail website was reporting earlier that the River Hull tidal barrier was being raised in readiness.

Somebody must have had a word as they're now reporting it's been lowered.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 2 weeks later...

Beverley Town Council haven't paid for gas in 17 years and they only discovered this when their boiler broke last month! How does a situation like this even arise? You'd have thought someone would have noticed at some point, unless they did and just hoped no one would notice. Well my council tax is clearly gonna be going up!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/investigation-launched-after-beverley-town-6485897

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

A bloke who was rescued from his blazing home by firefighters in Wigan has been charged with arson.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What kind of youth do you have round your way? Ones round here dont set fire to wheelie bins, they stopped that long ago, it's bus shelters these days! 

Ones that had already burned down all the bus shelters 

• Haha 2