Inglis arrives. Or does he?

Some positive news, at least for Wire fans. Greg Inglis has arrived despite rumours to the contrary.

However, the photo on Twitter has been subject to debate from QAnon followers as you can’t actually prove it’s Inglis behind the mask:

image.jpeg.77af410bd15a62c5d6775b90e397f118.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Some positive news, at least for Wire fans. Greg Inglis has arrived despite rumours to the contrary.

However, the photo on Twitter has been subject to debate from QAnon followers as you can’t actually prove it’s Inglis behind the mask:

image.jpeg.77af410bd15a62c5d6775b90e397f118.jpeg

That's definitely him... the one in the middle with the long hair, I would recognize him anywhere.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

That's definitely him... the one in the middle with the long hair, I would recognize him anywhere.

He's improved alot if my eyes don't decieve me then.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

image.jpeg.485fcbf71758d0ee9846f1d87b9062b9.jpeg

I don’t think I like that shirt. Even on GI. Not that it really matters.

I hope he does some fancy stuff on the field this year, not just because I’m a Warrington fan, but because there aren’t many x-factor players around these days. 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I hope he does some fancy stuff on the field this year, not just because I’m a Warrington fan, but because there aren’t many x-factor players around these days. 

Maybe the shirt looks different when its worn but it just doesn't look right.

2 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Absolutely love the new or is it old design. 

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Absolutely love the new or is it old design. 

It’s the Hoover logo I think. That logo is very 1950’s and contrasts a bit with the shirt.

Of course, having a large multinational as a sponsor isn’t something to be sniffed at, so the logo is merely a small annoyance when there are much bigger things in RL to be concerned about.

43 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

It’s the Hoover logo I think. That logo is very 1950’s and contrasts a bit with the shirt.

Of course, having a large multinational as a sponsor isn’t something to be sniffed at, so the logo is merely a small annoyance when there are much bigger things in RL to be concerned about.

The Hoover logo was on last years kit and the 1990 final was played in the same design. 

11 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

The Hoover logo was on last years kit and the 1990 final was played in the same design. 

The contrast with the yellow I’m referring to. As I say it’s just me being picky. I’m sure if we win the GF it will suddenly become my favourite kit ever 😊

My personal preference would be a white kit with primrose and blue trim. I’d prefer just the ‘Hoover’ text in large type across the front with no red circle background. Something like the 2005 (I think?) kit but a bit classier.

As I say that’s me being picky.

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The contrast with the yellow I’m referring to. As I say it’s just me being picky. I’m sure if we win the GF it will suddenly become my favourite kit ever 😊

My personal preference would be a white kit with primrose and blue trim. I’d prefer just the ‘Hoover’ text in large type across the front with no red circle background. Something like the 2005 (I think?) kit but a bit classier.

As I say that’s me being picky.

Hoover have been using that symbol back to at least the first Vacuum cleaner I can remember my family having so that's 60 year's at least. I think they might be a bit miffed if you told them the couldn't use it for sponsorship.

2 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Hoover have been using that symbol back to at least the first Vacuum cleaner I can remember my family having so that's 60 year's at least. I think they might be a bit miffed if you told them the couldn't use it for sponsorship.

I’ve no doubt they’d be miffed. They’re sponsoring my club despite a global crisis and I’ve got the cheek to give them advice on branding.

I bought a Dyson too. Not even supporting my own club properly ☹️

8 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’ve no doubt they’d be miffed. They’re sponsoring my club despite a global crisis and I’ve got the cheek to give them advice on branding.

I bought a Dyson too. Not even supporting my own club properly ☹️

That's why Wire never clean up.

Very Rugby League thread this one. One of the beat players of his generation arrives in the UK to play in the Super League and we end up talking about the shirt!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

With Greg Inglis at Warrington , Bevan French at Wigan, Sam Tomkins at Catalans, and possibly the little wife basher in one of the other sides, then we will have a good array of full backs in Super League.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

With Greg Inglis at Warrington , Bevan French at Wigan, Sam Tomkins at Catalans, and possibly the little wife basher in one of the other sides, then we will have a good array of full backs in Super League.

How do you know he’ll play fullback or even be any good ?

19 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I thought round logos are the future not the past! Ask the super league bosses or wigan or salford 😁

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

How do you know he’ll play fullback or even be any good ?

I believe that full back is Greg Inglis’s most dangerous position. I think that Stefan understands this and will graciously move to centre or into the halves. This will be even more likely if Gareth Widdop can secure the NRL contract that his manager has been seeking.

29 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I believe that full back is Greg Inglis’s most dangerous position. I think that Stefan understands this and will graciously move to centre or into the halves. This will be even more likely if Gareth Widdop can secure the NRL contract that his manager has been seeking.

Nah,best centre in the game by a country mile,I'd have him well down the pecking order at fullback.

I'd be surprised if at 33 and with a dodgy knee he will be able to cope with the demands of playing fullback.

Archived