Jump to content

Fev up next cc


Dog forever
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

  •     well played bately shows your going to have a good season  the only thing WE can take out of this game is we were poor during periods of the but still won scoring some good tries but for amusement the cambell try takes some beating takes me back  to when tonky dropped the ball and kicked a drop goal 🤣
     
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, POR said:

 

  •     well played bately shows your going to have a good season  the only thing WE can take out of this game is we were poor during periods of the but still won scoring some good tries but for amusement the cambell try takes some beating takes me back  to when tonky dropped the ball and kicked a drop goal 🤣
     

Bate ly sounds very posh POR, are you sure that you are from Fev?  

Fev are a class act and ruthlessly revealed our weaknesses but I think that we are a work in progress and I was delighted that we ran you so close.  If's and but's but enthusiasm nearly won the day, lack of experience lost it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed it (eventually) and thought we came out of it with lots of positives. Our half backs look like they can control a game and as a consequence our backs looked dangerous. The forwards really put in a shift especially after Ward came on and geed us up.

Kaye looks a great foil for Leak and his enthusiasm really shows.

We need to work on tightening up our defence through the middle (Brown and Manning?) and hopefully we can continue to improve.

I think if Bowman had played, we might have been even closer, making better use of the time we spent in their half in the second half.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Enjoyed it (eventually) and thought we came out of it with lots of positives. Our half backs look like they can control a game and as a consequence our backs looked dangerous. The forwards really put in a shift especially after Ward came on and geed us up.

Kaye looks a great foil for Leak and his enthusiasm really shows.

We need to work on tightening up our defence through the middle (Brown and Manning?) and hopefully we can continue to improve.

I think if Bowman had played, we might have been even closer, making better use of the time we spent in their half in the second half.

That game showed more about Batley than Fev. We know that if teams don't show up against Fev that they will be well beaten. The fact that Batley showed up without some of their better players proves to me and the rest of the league that they will be more than capable of upsetting a lot of the sides. To knock Halifax out and almost repeating it again at Fev is no mean feat for any team. Well played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW; just been reading elsewhere of Super Duper League fans ( after just 1 game) calling refs already.  just to say that nobody noticed Ben Thaler last week or Gareth Hewer this because players weren't up and chipping at every decision. Well done to the 68 players and 2 refs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to have seen Leak's effort again, but I enjoyed most of the game. I see Fev are already practicing their forward passes in preparation for SL lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a try, Leaky was below the tacklers when he hit the line, ref was on the blind side and to be fair touch-judge wouldn't have a great view either but I always understood that unless their was clear evidence to DENY a try then benefit of doubt must go with the attacking team. On this occasion the decision was made on the final positioning. They showed different angle shots of other tries and decisions, can't believe there isn't a video ref in a Challenge Cup match, especially as it was also a 1895 Cup quarter final. Didn't know though that this round was the entire competition!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought we started off well... lack of Concentration is the worrying thing... we have to sort that out we won't be far off penalties and errors killed us with 3 soft tries in the first half 

Ben Kaye leaky and Flynn stood out with JC and the halves I thought we missed Gledhill and Tonks in the defensive line... 

we half broke fev at times and just couldn't get that final break... 

I'm just glad I'm not craig Lingard picking my best fit 17 for Friday because it's gonna be tough job 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'd like to have seen Leak's effort again, but I enjoyed most of the game. I see Fev are already practicing their forward passes in preparation for SL lol

I thought leaky had grounded the ball, and so did half our team. What might have been if ref had give it eh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to resort to back to be a miserable sod, while we perhaps did better than we all expected, it was disappointing not to get the win today. It might be our best chance to beat Fev and to have reached Wembley. 

Perhaps our next step in our development as a team is to close out games like that where we had the chance to.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tell you what did us...22-18 up, JC breaks, looks a scorer and if James Harrison had been half an inch shorter he wouldn't have made the ankle tap, JC would have been under the stick for a 6 pointer, 28-18 and Fev wouldn't have come back, they'd have panicked and argued and given up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Just to resort to back to be a miserable sod, while we perhaps did better than we all expected, it was disappointing not to get the win today. It might be our best chance to beat Fev and to have reached Wembley. 

Perhaps our next step in our development as a team is to close out games like that where we had the chance to.

Did better than some expected maybe but I've said to people this team will get better if we have believe and confidence with the staff and players I seem to be happy with Lingard who knows the club/relationship with players and fans... I haven't heard him  once bag anyone in a interview yet... he'll get the buzz around the camp.. 

He's getting it right finally with a good bunch players... hopefully we start well now & have something to cheer when we can it's been a tough year... 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, distantdog said:

Just to resort to back to be a miserable sod, while we perhaps did better than we all expected, it was disappointing not to get the win today. It might be our best chance to beat Fev and to have reached Wembley. 

Perhaps our next step in our development as a team is to close out games like that where we had the chance to.

Agreed. Once we got in front, it was crying out for 5 drives and a long kick to the corner and wait for them to panic. 

However, with so many players missing, the fact we didn't get steamrollered in the forwards was immensely surprising. If somebody had offered me that result before kickoff, I'd have taken it. We showed that we have far more strength in depth, than I thought we had.

Huge credit to young Flynn, who really stood up and didn't look out of place today. 

With Gledhill, Broughton, Manning, Brown, Bowman and Tonks presumably out injured, and Kaye picking up a knock today. I hope he is available for next week and we can bring some loanees in from somewhere to cover the others, as we seem to be running out of bodies.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I thought leaky had grounded the ball, and so did half our team. What might have been if ref had give it eh.

agreed but  FEV crossed 3 times and computer said NO but that's why we love the game it's all about what if's    what if blackmore doesn't knock on or what if you don't manage to kick through and score and you have to take the tap AND what if cambell drops the ball  misses the kick and FEV get a tap WHAT IF's rugby league don't you just LOVE it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well played today, huge credit to all your players. You controlled the majority of the game and probably deserved something out of it. My prediction before the game was it would be close, but we (Fev) would just steal it. Always had a soft spot for Batley and I'm sure you'll have a good season! Can see the League game going right down to the wire. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, POR said:

agreed but  FEV crossed 3 times and computer said NO but that's why we love the game it's all about what if's    what if blackmore doesn't knock on or what if you don't manage to kick through and score and you have to take the tap AND what if cambell drops the ball  misses the kick and FEV get a tap WHAT IF's rugby league don't you just LOVE it

No chance Campbell missing the kick, it was a planned move!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'd like to have seen Leak's effort again, but I enjoyed most of the game. I see Fev are already practicing their forward passes in preparation for SL lol

An unbelievable amount of forward passed were allowed to go unpunished. 😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

An unbelievable amount of forward passed were allowed to go unpunished. 😐

But to credit Hewer, he spotted most of em 

  • Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

An unbelievable amount of forward passed were allowed to go unpunished. 😐

Players making mistakes after a long lay-off and the fans say "what do you expect? They are out of practice."

Referees perceived as making mistakes after an equally long lay-off and the fans say "They should be getting every decision 100% right, according to my interpretation."

They can't win sometimes.

I thought that Hewer had a decent game and certainly made fewer mistakes than the players.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Players making mistakes after a long lay-off and the fans say "what do you expect? They are out of practice."

Referees perceived as making mistakes after an equally long lay-off and the fans say "They should be getting every decision 100% right, according to my interpretation."

They can't win sometimes.

I thought that Hewer had a decent game and certainly made fewer mistakes than the players.

Yes. Can't play without them. Thought Hewer was fine yesterday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...