Another SL restructure is being planned

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but your disrespect for proud Rugby League clubs is wrong. I'll leave it to Leigh and Wakefield fans to speak up for their own historic clubs but here's my take on Hull Kingston Rovers. Rov

14 teams. 2 teams to be relegated at seasons end. top 5 playoffs. no more loop fixtures. Thats what I’d like to see 👍

You know what is likely then? 10 teams, more loop fixtures.

8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

14 teams.

2 teams to be relegated at seasons end.

top 5 playoffs.

no more loop fixtures.

Thats what I’d like to see 👍

Top 6 and yes.  Those half attended playoffs look dreadful.  3vs6, 4vs5, semi then final. Lets get on with it. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Top 6 and yes.  Those half attended playoffs look dreadful.  3vs6, 4vs5, semi then final. Lets get on with it. 

I’d be happy with that as top 5 would see the league leaders not having a game in 2 weeks before the grand final.

16 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

14 teams.

2 teams to be relegated at seasons end.

top 5 playoffs.

no more loop fixtures.

Thats what I’d like to see 👍

You know what is likely then?

10 teams, more loop fixtures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

new rise.jpg

I get the should be prize for being top but we cant have playoffs with second chances. For the good of the product, needs to be if you are out you are out.  

So unless top 5 is 2vs5 3vs4 then semi with winner of the league automatically at GF, I would go top six.

• Like 2

I can't see the current SL Clubs who are mostly skint agreeing to anything that's going to inconvenience them or have them splitting funds with 14 clubs instead of the current split of 11 clubs. 

And that's the problem, doesn't matter how you restructure, turkeys aren't going to vote for Xmas 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I can't see the current SL Clubs who are mostly skint agreeing to anything that's going to inconvenience them or have them splitting funds with 14 clubs instead of the current split of 11 clubs. 

And that's the problem, doesn't matter how you restructure, turkeys aren't going to vote for Xmas 

And the slow death of super league will continue then.

• Like 4

Thirteen teams, each club gets 2 byes, 24 games top 4 play off, bottom team plays top team in championship for promotion, break for mid season internationals, draw for whose bye coincides with magic if it must be continued with, if chosen taken out of draw for following seasons until all clubs have missed it. So obvious that it will never be implemented.

• Like 1

Twelve team closed shop Super League with minimum standards introduced and long term plans for growth to 14, 16 etc. Diluting the competition further by adding two teams now is not the route to go down and in eighteen months, people will want change. Again. 

26 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Twelve team closed shop Super League with minimum standards introduced and long term plans for growth to 14, 16 etc. Diluting the competition further by adding two teams now is not the route to go down and in eighteen months, people will want change. Again. 

Do you offer any points for on-field performance as part of the criteria? If so, there is no way of assessing York or Toulouse against Salford etc. However, Salford have reached two finals but are run like a ghost operation.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Do you offer any points for on-field performance as part of the criteria? If so, there is no way of assessing York or Toulouse against Salford etc. However, Salford have reached two finals but are run like a ghost operation.

If it was me in charge, onfield would be encapsulated by a few factors - historic performance, capability to spend a high % of the salary cap, the makeup of squads (homegrown at the club, other homegrown and overseas) and would tie in with player pathways, too. 

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Been there. 'Done' that. Failed.

• Like 3
Just now, Northern Eel said:

Been there. 'Done' that. Failed.

No, we haven’t. There were no minimum standards, just a ring fence put around some clubs and not others. A properly policed set of minimum standards is desperately required, though simply won’t happen. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, we haven’t. There were no minimum standards, just a ring fence put around some clubs and not others. A properly policed set of minimum standards is desperately required, though simply won’t happen. 

I wonder why I put quote marks around 'done'?