Jump to content

Another SL restructure is being planned


Recommended Posts


8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

14 teams.

2 teams to be relegated at seasons end.

top 5 playoffs.

no more loop fixtures.

Thats what I’d like to see 👍

Top 6 and yes.  Those half attended playoffs look dreadful.  3vs6, 4vs5, semi then final. Lets get on with it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

14 teams.

2 teams to be relegated at seasons end.

top 5 playoffs.

no more loop fixtures.

Thats what I’d like to see 👍

You know what is likely then?

10 teams, more loop fixtures.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

new rise.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see the current SL Clubs who are mostly skint agreeing to anything that's going to inconvenience them or have them splitting funds with 14 clubs instead of the current split of 11 clubs. 

And that's the problem, doesn't matter how you restructure, turkeys aren't going to vote for Xmas 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I can't see the current SL Clubs who are mostly skint agreeing to anything that's going to inconvenience them or have them splitting funds with 14 clubs instead of the current split of 11 clubs. 

And that's the problem, doesn't matter how you restructure, turkeys aren't going to vote for Xmas 

And the slow death of super league will continue then.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thirteen teams, each club gets 2 byes, 24 games top 4 play off, bottom team plays top team in championship for promotion, break for mid season internationals, draw for whose bye coincides with magic if it must be continued with, if chosen taken out of draw for following seasons until all clubs have missed it. So obvious that it will never be implemented.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Twelve team closed shop Super League with minimum standards introduced and long term plans for growth to 14, 16 etc. Diluting the competition further by adding two teams now is not the route to go down and in eighteen months, people will want change. Again. 

Do you offer any points for on-field performance as part of the criteria? If so, there is no way of assessing York or Toulouse against Salford etc. However, Salford have reached two finals but are run like a ghost operation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Do you offer any points for on-field performance as part of the criteria? If so, there is no way of assessing York or Toulouse against Salford etc. However, Salford have reached two finals but are run like a ghost operation.

If it was me in charge, onfield would be encapsulated by a few factors - historic performance, capability to spend a high % of the salary cap, the makeup of squads (homegrown at the club, other homegrown and overseas) and would tie in with player pathways, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Twelve team closed shop Super League with minimum standards introduced and long term plans for growth to 14, 16 etc. Diluting the competition further by adding two teams now is not the route to go down and in eighteen months, people will want change. Again. 

Been there. 'Done' that. Failed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Northern Eel said:

Been there. 'Done' that. Failed.

No, we haven’t. There were no minimum standards, just a ring fence put around some clubs and not others. A properly policed set of minimum standards is desperately required, though simply won’t happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, we haven’t. There were no minimum standards, just a ring fence put around some clubs and not others. A properly policed set of minimum standards is desperately required, though simply won’t happen. 

I wonder why I put quote marks around 'done'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...