Covid set up at games on Monday

I think spaced out standing on the terrace could be safer than sitting down.Imagine being seated and someone on your row wants to go to the toilet,he or she would have to squeeze by at close proximity.A bit of trial and error at the moment so i hope it all goes well and we can have an  increased capacity for future games.

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I think spaced out standing on the terrace could be safer than sitting down.Imagine being seated and someone on your row wants to go to the toilet,he or she would have to squeeze by at close proximity.A bit of trial and error at the moment so i hope it all goes well and we can have an  increased capacity for future games.

Only 2 groups each row 

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Only 2 groups each row 

There is a two seat gap between each group but no restrictions on how many groups per row. Alternate rows are empty so the theory is that, if you stand to allow someone to pass you, it is encouraged to turn around so that you aren’t breathing on each other essentially, though even then you’ll both be wearing a mask anyway. The empty alternate rows also aid the one way systems so that people aren’t passing each other on the staircases. 

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not quite, it's 50% - see Wakefield (or even Cas with 30%)

I think he’s got his wires crossed as both percentages (50% and 25%) are relevant, but apply to different sized stadiums. For grounds with a capacity fewer of than 16,000 seats, the limit is whichever is lower from 50% capacity or 4,000, while venues with 16,000+ seats (Wigan, Hull & Huddersfield in our case), is where the 25% (of seating capacity) comes in, up to a limit of 10,000 though of course no RL grounds are capable of that.   

As I’ve posted previously, the 50% was a bit of a red herring as single household attendees use three seats apiece on average before even taking in to account empty alternate rows and empty aisle seats. That said, Monday’s unexpected change in bubbles - six people can now choose to surrender distancing between themselves, something that was never in the guidance - means capacity isn’t quite at the premium that it was initially. At this stage though, that is dependent on whether clubs are prepared to completely reallocate and redistribute season tickets in order to condense groups and create more availability.

Can’t wait to get these next five weeks out of the way 😅

On 16/05/2021 at 08:31, ELBOWSEYE said:

With 4k allowed for ar least 4 weeks I was surprised how the crowd set up was implemented for monday. At Warrington all four stands are open but the mix of seating and standing looks strange. Just 400 spread over the seating area (2 stands) and 3600 over the standing areas similar sized area. You would think it would be easier to get social distancing in seating areas than standing area's. 

Deffo more than 400 sat down 

14 months ago a game without a crowd seemed weird, now a game with a crowd seems weird. Having Sky pundits having to raise their voices to be heard.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

14 months ago a game without a crowd seemed weird, now a game with a crowd seems weird. Having Sky pundits having to raise their voices to be heard.

You wanna see the bloody makeshift gantry that's taking up a lot of space in the stand, making it a bit tighter

On 16/05/2021 at 08:47, GUBRATS said:

So the opposite of how Leigh are doing it , you'd think a seating facility would be easier to sort out and police 

I'd say harder as with standing you can have mates and groups 'near' each other whereas with seating i guess that would harder to work with seats being allocated on a 1st served basis, i presume that's how it's working?

On a terrace i presume your free to stand where you like rather than an exact position as with seats?

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

How did it all go?  Well-organised and safe return? Any problems on entry or exit?   

Given the relative silence, I think we have to assume that it was mostly all fine.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

southstand at warrington, probably had bubbles being closer than one metre, however, the sky gantry took up a hell  of a lot of room, and a lot of spaces either side of it were useless so around halfway was pretty congested.  however everyone was wearing masks and behaving themselves.

There was a one way system in place in the concourse, which despite me talking to head steward upon entry, he didn't bother to remind me so i went half the way up the stand looking to use the toilet before going up, when i came out i attempted to use one of the normal access tunnels following a group of people only to be stopped, they didn't say boo to the group in front of me for whatever reason, then sent me back to the point of entry (south west corner) where all access from that turnstile was supposed to be under the new TV corner.

Generally i think it went quite well, didn't feel uneasy or unsafe even though it was busy

8 hours ago, daz39 said:

I'd say harder as with standing you can have mates and groups 'near' each other whereas with seating i guess that would harder to work with seats being allocated on a 1st served basis, i presume that's how it's working?

On a terrace i presume your free to stand where you like rather than an exact position as with seats?

Can’t answer for other clubs, but Leigh asked people to nominate who they wished to be allocated seats near to, even if it had to be socially distanced with two seats between each bubble/household. That is likely to change before this weekend’s game though in response to the relaxation in bubble requirements as previous posted  

Would like to think that last night’s game at the LSV worked really well, and for a relatively small crowd it actually looked quite good seeing those people spread over three stands rather than all huddled together. 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Can’t answer for other clubs, but Leigh asked people to nominate who they wished to be allocated seats near to, even if it had to be socially distanced with two seats between each bubble/household. That is likely to change before this weekend’s game though in response to the relaxation in bubble requirements as previous posted  

Would like to think that last night’s game at the LSV worked really well, and for a relatively small crowd it actually looked quite good seeing those people spread over three stands rather than all huddled together. 

In truth it got me thinking how hard we need to work to have all sides occupied for future games Matt , that has to be our aim 

11 hours ago, JohnM said:

How did it all go?  Well-organised and safe return? Any problems on entry or exit?   

Very well organised at the KCOM on all counts. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived