Sun 24 May: SL: Leigh Centurions v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 14:30

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Huddersfield team was very impressive in attack last weekend. The signing of former Cronulla star centre  Ricky Leutele was a master stroke. With Leutele and Turkish international half back Aiden Sezer in good form, Huddersfield could score a lot of points. However Huddersfield stumbled in defence in the second half last round. So if Huddersfield players can rectify their defensive lapses then they will not only win, but win by a huge margin.

Causing a bit of a stir this one, Leigh can't shift their tickets so have taken the game off our league and are charging £30 for behind the sticks to Giants fans, not sure if that's a good marketing ploy or a kick in the balls.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Causing a bit of a stir this one, Leigh can't shift their tickets so have taken the game off our league and are charging £30 for behind the sticks to Giants fans, not sure if that's a good marketing ploy or a kick in the balls.

Don’t know which is worse,Leigh not selling out their reduced capacity or trying to rip off Giants fans.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

A club in the borough of Wigan not connecting with rugby league fans,the ' lifeblood of the sport ' and treating them like the riff-raff clubs that are not in Super League.

What a joyous,dysfunctional, destitute family the sport really is.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

A late decision by the club to allow match tickets to be sold , deadline for home sales was 2 pm today , but as usual lots of grumbling about where in the stadium they have to be , and the price , so they've been made available to the Giants , and now apparently the Giants fans are moaning 

And we get the usual " let's all pick on Leigh " on here  ,very boring 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A late decision by the club to allow match tickets to be sold , deadline for home sales was 2 pm today , but as usual lots of grumbling about where in the stadium they have to be , and the price , so they've been made available to the Giants , and now apparently the Giants fans are moaning 

I think it's the fact Leigh have prevented it being shown on our league and are now charging £30 to watch the game, Giants fans are moaning cos they either pay £30 to sit behind the posts or don't get to see the game at all after being told they could watch every game on our league app

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

I think it's the fact Leigh have prevented it being shown on our league and are now charging £30 to watch the game, Giants fans are moaning cos they either pay £30 to sit behind the posts or don't get to see the game at all after being told they could watch every game on our league app

When Leigh last played at Huddersfield , did I have the option to watch the game on our league ? , Or did I need to buy a ticket and attend the game ? 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

When Leigh last played at Huddersfield , did I have the option to watch the game on our league ? , Or did I need to buy a ticket and attend the game ? 

Don't think we can really compare the past to the times we live in today do you? life and rugby league were very much different then, poor comparison.

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Don't think we can really compare the past to the times we live in today do you? life and rugby league were very much different then, poor comparison.

So you expect from now on all fans will be able to watch all their teams games live on our league ? 

No but i don't expect clubs to fleece fans when everyone else is still letting fans watch their games on the app due to stadiums not been fully operational yet.

Not sure if you remember but that has been the way it's been done for the last 12 months.

I'm sure if it was the other way round you and other leigh fans who thought they were able to watch the match are suddenly told you either buy a ticket for £30 or tough, you aren't watching it this week wouldn't be 100% in favour of it.

Personally i'm going to the game, i can't wait to be back but others can't/won't pay £30 especially as Leigh have probably never charged £30 for any other game in their history !!

It's morally wrong but i understand you need to maximise income while you can and taking advantage of fans who are desperate to see live rugby league is the most obvious way of doing it.

3 minutes ago, daz39 said:

No but i don't expect clubs to fleece fans when everyone else is still letting fans watch their games on the app due to stadiums not been fully operational yet.

Not sure if you remember but that has been the way it's been done for the last 12 months.

I'm sure if it was the other way round you and other leigh fans who thought they were able to watch the match are suddenly told you either buy a ticket for £30 or tough, you aren't watching it this week.

Personally i'm going to the game, i can't wait to be back but others can't/won't pay £30 especially as Leigh have probably never charged £30 for any other game in their history !!

It's morally wrong but i understand you need to maximise income while you can and taking advantage of fans who are desperate to see live rugby league is the most obvious way of doing it.

All seating tickets are £30 at present. First game back was cautious, North Stand has been opened up for this game and is sold out (whatever capacity that is). Leigh have told its fans that they will not be on Our League for weeks so its no surprise - last week Wigan jumped the gun and Leigh allowed it to go on OL.

The issue in town is few know they can get tickets, I told a tenant that tonight - due to circumstance this was her first year without a ST - and she had no idea she could get them.

The club have done a lot of things badly but for the right reasons these past 2 weeks, maybe the reason they are not in the sheeite like some bigger clubs.

Bet it won't be £30 once restrictions are lifted, that's the issue here, it's clearly £30 now as they are trying to take advantage of the fact that they think fans are desperate to return, clearly they aren't in the Leigh area or they wouldn't need to beg away fans to come.

28 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I'm sure if it was the other way round you and other leigh fans who thought they were able to watch the match are suddenly told you either buy a ticket for £30 or tough, you aren't watching it this week wouldn't be 100% in favour of it.

As you say , " this I how it's been done for the last 12 months " , but access to watch the Giants is now available to their fans , so there is no obligation to have the game streemed , if things were the other way round I would have no issue , I don't expect anything for nothing 

The match day price is the same for home and away fans , yes it's the dearest in Leigh's history , but it is 4 years since we were last in the top flight , you like the Leigh fans have a choice to pay it or not , our owner contributes massively to our club , but unlike yours he cannot afford to give away Season Tickets for peanuts 

It's your choice , if as you say you will be attending , good on you , I hope you enjoy your day , but hope you see your team lose , although I expect the opposite , but that's the deal , maybe if we'd been given the full SKY money we'd have charged less , who knows ?

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Bet it won't be £30 once restrictions are lifted, that's the issue here, it's clearly £30 now as they are trying to take advantage of the fact that they think fans are desperate to return, clearly they aren't in the Leigh area or they wouldn't need to beg away fans to come.

Beg ? 

I now wish we hadn't offered and you could have stayed at home 

Great isn't it when we have Huddersfield fans having a ' go ' at Leigh for their fans loyalty 

20 years in SL , most on highly discounted tickets , and they still can't drag them in 

Anyway , if anybody wants to offer their opinions on the actual game played on the pitch ,feel free , anybody wishing to have a ' pop ' , fine , but expect to get it back 

I'm not having a pop at Leigh at all, just pointing out the furore this has caused, i always did and still will go to all my teams games but if Leigh could've filled the small capacity themselves through season ticket holders or fans excitement to see them in SL again then they wouldn't have needed to offer them to away fans at this late stage.

I will enjoy the day win or lose - we can't say draw anymore can we? simply because i will be watching live rugby league again, i cannot even begin to imagine how exciting that is going to be!!

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Home fans can by tickets up till noon on Saturday.....they're just choosing not to buy many of them.

9 hours ago, daz39 said:

I'm not having a pop at Leigh at all, just pointing out the furore this has caused, i always did and still will go to all my teams games but if Leigh could've filled the small capacity themselves through season ticket holders or fans excitement to see them in SL again then they wouldn't have needed to offer them to away fans at this late stage.

I will enjoy the day win or lose - we can't say draw anymore can we? simply because i will be watching live rugby league again, i cannot even begin to imagine how exciting that is going to be!!

Leigh made some big but understandable calls this season. 1. No refunds on season tickets whatever happened 2. No free games in the season ticket price 3. To end Our League access after the crowds were allowed back with season ticket only entry to Wigan game 4. Increase admission charges in line with extra costs

We have self funded the gap in income, have not borrowed from the government and have £450k available for the right players if they appear, negatively we sold fewer ST than in the Championship and upset a few fans who expect to just go as they please into their preferred spot at the old prices.

Archived