Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

If you’re a fan, you’ll be pleased to hear that Great Yarmouth stock car racing is still going strong, though personally I’d rather watch paint dry, or possibly even rugby Union. 

yep, a fan for 40 years or more,i raced in 86 and both my lads raced in late 90s.we still have a few tracks left inc hendesford,barford,northampton.venray,buxton,birmingham.ipswich,sheffield, odsal.not sure on stoke.  yarmouth were great but its speedworth now so brisca wont fit in no more, couple a tracks in scotland get meeting now and again too,cowdenbeath and knockhill. better than watching paint dry.lol. try a night race meeting at kings lynn and you will be hooked.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m intrigued as to which SL teams Bradford are allegedly matching with their attendances.    Anyway, looking forward to watching Sunday’s game, the pitch isn’t looking too bad 😉    

If someone had a pitch that was wider than it was long...wouldn't they just play the other way round?

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Johnoco said:

That’s ok. Being hated by the hillbilly’s of Keighley is of absolutely no consequence. 

But being guided by Big Nige is, you’ll be Bradford Green sox in no time begging to play at the glorious Cougar Park because you can’t even afford to paint the lines of Odslum.

Carry on agent Nige, we know you’ll do us proud !!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silverback said:

yep, a fan for 40 years or more,i raced in 86 and both my lads raced in late 90s.we still have a few tracks left inc hendesford,barford,northampton.venray,buxton,birmingham.ipswich,sheffield, odsal.not sure on stoke.  yarmouth were great but its speedworth now so brisca wont fit in no more, couple a tracks in scotland get meeting now and again too,cowdenbeath and knockhill. better than watching paint dry.lol. try a night race meeting at kings lynn and you will be hooked.

Loomer Road at Stoke was demolished at the end of 2019, to make way for warehousing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

But being guided by Big Nige is, you’ll be Bradford Green sox in no time begging to play at the glorious Cougar Park because you can’t even afford to paint the lines of Odslum.

Carry on agent Nige, we know you’ll do us proud !!!

Aye ok chief. 
But even if the Bulls disappeared, we’d still have the comfort of not coming from Keighley. 

Edited by Johnoco
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Aye ok chief. 
But even if the Bulls disappeared, we’d still have the comfort of not coming from Keighley. 

Took a wrong turning off the ‘62 on Saturday and missed the 606 (it’s been a while,) had to drive through the centre to the Odsal roundabout, apart from noticing the numerous £2.50 car washes (fronts) I can’t say why you’d rather come from a place where the people of Helmand Province would hold a live aid concert for to lift the squalor that exists. It was genuinely shocking.
 

Be that as it is, we both know Nige is going to take you to new depths of despair and there’s nothing you can do about it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Took a wrong turning off the ‘62 on Saturday and missed the 606 (it’s been a while,) had to drive through the centre to the Odsal roundabout, apart from noticing the numerous £2.50 car washes (fronts) I can’t say why you’d rather come from a place where the people of Helmand Province would hold a live aid concert for to lift the squalor that exists. It was genuinely shocking.
 

Be that as it is, we both know Nige is going to take you to new depths of despair and there’s nothing you can do about it. 

Lol someone from Keighley taking the pee out of somewhere? Priceless 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moominman said:

Loomer Road at Stoke was demolished at the end of 2019, to make way for warehousing.

cheers,we raced years back when it were crewe saturday and stoke sunday and stayed over at a mates with the bus,then off to scunthorpe for monday on some bank holidays. stoke were  known as chesterton raceway way back when higgins promoted it and boy was that bumpy on turn 1 .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd rather live in Keighley than Bradford 

You have no idea about Bradford, nor do most of its critics. But living in a metropolis like Leigh I suppose makes you some sort of expert on it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, silverback said:

Just shows what can be done.stand proud on them terraces.

           https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/19324247.bullbuilder-chairman-praises-hard-work-get-back-odsal/?ref=rss

Odsal pitch now too small for rugby league to be played their legally. Club required special dispensation from the RFL.

Bradford Bulls' Odsal return approved despite failing to meet RFL's pitch standards - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Odsal pitch now too small for rugby league to be played their legally. Club required special dispensation from the RFL.

Bradford Bulls' Odsal return approved despite failing to meet RFL's pitch standards - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

"It has been confirmed to Rugby League Live by the RFL that an approval has been granted, but as things stand, that is only for their forthcoming games against York and Newcastle. That means the Bulls may have to explore further re-modifications to bring the pitch up to minimum standards after those fixtures"

I hope any team with a decent backline kick up a fuss on this

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"It has been confirmed to Rugby League Live by the RFL that an approval has been granted, but as things stand, that is only for their forthcoming games against York and Newcastle. That means the Bulls may have to explore further re-modifications to bring the pitch up to minimum standards after those fixtures"

I hope any team with a decent backline kick up a fuss on this

Yup. It's properly outrageous.

But, still, y'know, something about old ground, heart n soul of rugby league, volunteers and fresh paint ...

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gingerjon said:

Yup. It's properly outrageous.

But, still, y'know, something about old ground, heart n soul of rugby league, volunteers and fresh paint ...

Decisions to be made, is it a Rugby League Stadium or a Stock Car Stadium, as it seems currently it can't be both

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"It has been confirmed to Rugby League Live by the RFL that an approval has been granted, but as things stand, that is only for their forthcoming games against York and Newcastle. That means the Bulls may have to explore further re-modifications to bring the pitch up to minimum standards after those fixtures"

I hope any team with a decent backline kick up a fuss on this

York have Kieran Dixon & Ben Jones-Bishop on the wings so we may as well just not bother with them on Sunday. The touchlines at Bradford will be 8.5m further in on each side than at our home ground.

 

Edited by Simon Hall
  • Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites

worked for decades,once all the runoffs(rubber protection) down straights are pulled out the way and corners put back it will look fine and dandy,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silverback said:

worked for decades,once all the runoffs(rubber protection) down straights are pulled out the way and corners put back it will look fine and dandy,

All that mud churned up, doesn't look good does it.

I hope they can make it work. The game needs the Bradford Bulls in a near-full stadium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fighting irish said:

All that mud churned up, doesn't look good does it.

I hope they can make it work. The game needs the Bradford Bulls in a near-full stadium. 

it will all look fine on the gameday,we have been to stadiums that have just had speedway on and raced 2 hours later, look at old rochdale pitch that we raced round before it became tescos. i think the place looks fantastic after only 6 months hard graft,and reecie will be putting hell of a lot more for everyone to enjoy, speedway stockcars and rugby all worked fine for 50 years, so creit were its due,people got off there rears and made a change,not thousands a miles away,here on our doorsteps, big up the odsal grafters. NORTHERN POWERHOUSE.

 how the hell a cougars fan can beef after years sat on them 8x4 sheets a ply with 50 coats a dulux on i dont know.and that carpet in bar.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...