Jump to content

Bradford back at Odsal


Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Genuine question, because I’m not up to date with their ever changing finances, is this a good move for Bradford? I get the whole Bradford back in Bradford thing but financially, is this the right move?

Good point. Always said, and you can find my quote on here, that the supposed last game at Odsal was a load of twaddle. There'll be nigh on 4000 there Sunday I would assume which financially a start. Add to that 3500 for the banger racing with Stock Cars to come it's the beginning of making the stadium financially viable. Why it's took this long I don't know. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The big question is the lease - have Bulls bought it back from the RFL, which would disentangle RFL from all the integrity/governance suspicion and would also meant the stockcars are the Bulls tenants. Or are the RFL still holding the headlease with Bulls & stockcars equal tenants - which is the poorer option, imho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Good point. Always said, and you can find my quote on here, that the supposed last game at Odsal was a load of twaddle. There'll be nigh on 4000 there Sunday I would assume which financially a start. Add to that 3500 for the banger racing with Stock Cars to come it's the beginning of making the stadium financially viable. Why it's took this long I don't know. 

I always think of Bradford as a rugby League city. 

Hearing that "banger racing" gets almost as many fans through the gates is quite saddening tbh. 

Bulls can surely pull twice as many as that if they get themselves organised? No??

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I always think of Bradford as a rugby League city. 

Hearing that "banger racing" gets almost as many fans through the gates is quite saddening tbh. 

Bulls can surely pull twice as many as that if they get themselves organised? No??

Bradford is not so much a RL city as one where RL is fairly popular. But motor sports of all varieties are generally popular so it’s hardly a big deal anyway. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting the situation with Dewsbury as i think the Bulls signed a 3 year rental agreement with them, and if so Dewsbury will want some compensation back as they properly factored the Bulls rental money into their budget.

I'm sure Blindside Jonny will give us the full heads up when he see's this thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Bradford is not so much a RL city as one where RL is fairly popular. But motor sports of all varieties are generally popular so it’s hardly a big deal anyway. 

Plus I assume people who (unfathomably) want to watch banger racing go to Odsal from a wider area than those who watch Bradford Bulls. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Plus I assume people who (unfathomably) want to watch banger racing go to Odsal from a wider area than those who watch Bradford Bulls. 

Well exactly. I’m not sure how these things happen, whether they have a league or something or just one off meetings. But whatever it is, I’m fairly sure there aren’t too many of them round here anyway. So it will have a ‘rally the troops effect’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

It will be interesting the situation with Dewsbury as i think the Bulls signed a 3 year rental agreement with them, and if so Dewsbury will want some compensation back as they properly factored the Bulls rental money into their budget.

I'm sure Blindside Jonny will give us the full heads up when he see's this thread

Pay as you play type deal I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Maybe Dewsbury, if they want compensation, their Chairman can speak to Bradford's Chief Executive.

I would presume that there was something in the contract they signed with Dewsbury if the Bulls didn't fulfill there side of the contract for compensation, ££££

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I always think of Bradford as a rugby League city. 

Hearing that "banger racing" gets almost as many fans through the gates is quite saddening tbh. 

Bulls can surely pull twice as many as that if they get themselves organised? No??

Think it was because of covid and hasnt been there for years. I get your point but I'm all for it. I went to most of the F1 stocks and Bradford Dukes Speedway home fixtures in the 90s. I know a few Bulls fans who went at the weekend. Think, surprising that Omar Khan was the nearest to try and get multi use. Carboots, comedy club, bar open during day. There's two areas as you come in. The old bar which I believe is above the shop plus there's the old Trevor Foster lounge. Volunteers have done amazing to get things going, utilizing one of these as a regular bar/pub during the week just simple birthday parties etc keep the coinage coming in. Q Gardens takes a fair bit from the Bulls coffers as does the Top house. It'd be nice to get a bit back.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Think it was because of covid and hasnt been there for years. I get your point but I'm all for it. I went to most of the F1 stocks and Bradford Dukes Speedway home fixtures in the 90s. I know a few Bulls fans who went at the weekend. Think, surprising that Omar Khan was the nearest to try and get multi use. Carboots, comedy club, bar open during day. There's two areas as you come in. The old bar which I believe is above the shop plus there's the old Trevor Foster lounge. Volunteers have done amazing to get things going, utilizing one of these as a regular bar/pub during the week just simple birthday parties etc keep the coinage coming in. Q Gardens takes a fair bit from the Bulls coffers as does the Top house. It'd be nice to get a bit back.

Agreed. Multi-use is super important... Especially so as many other clubs don't control revenue streams  in their stadium.

I am definitely not against them hosting this banger racing... I just was surprised/disappointed that it is almost as popular as Rugby League!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Scubby said:

So back to Bradford fans sweating over the weekend weather forecasts again! Good luck

More than enough cover in the main stand and they could probably just close the rest of the ground off if they need to save money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Agreed. Multi-use is super important... Especially so as many other clubs don't control revenue streams  in their stadium.

I am definitely not against them hosting this banger racing... I just was surprised/disappointed that it is almost as popular as Rugby League

Don't think it will be long term. As popular but if (of which I think it has) F1 stock standard then there's the potential of World Championship finals too. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...